portland

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
The Blazers are pursuing free agent Andre Miller, but have stopped short of making a formal offer.

They have also dangled backup point guard Jerryd Bayless in trade talks, a rival league executive said.

s/

really you would deal bayless for a 34 year old pg who has at most two years left, but you dont want hinrich. really ? thanks portland. i have renewed confidence in my back up pg. Thanks for stalling up all boozer talks. you guys rock.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/60721/20090722/blazers_offer_up_bayless_in_trade_talks/

vhans5219

Liked Posts:
Wow deal Bayless for Andre Miller ?
that's not gonna work

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Andre Miller is so underrated, look what he has done in Philly.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
he has no outside shot.
he's 34.
the portland team is young. andre can help get others involved, and he can help carry a team. However i dont see andre in portland as a good fit. he's 34. the blazers aren't going to win titles anytime soon. Also they aren't knocking out the lakers with andre miller. he's a good player, but i dont see him growing with the team.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
he has no outside shot.
he's 34.
the portland team is young. andre can help get others involved, and he can help carry a team. However i dont see andre in portland as a good fit. he's 34. the blazers aren't going to win titles anytime soon. Also they aren't knocking out the lakers with andre miller. he's a good player, but i dont see him growing with the team.

Kidd is 38 and no outside shot. Miller would be a good fit with them, he would be a good vet presence.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
pinkizdead wrote:
he has no outside shot.
he's 34.

Kidd is 38 and no outside shot. Miller would be a good fit with them, he would be a good vet presence.

i wouldnt want kid on my team. he's a role player. he cant guard anyone. he cant generate his own offense. when teams play dallas, no on guards kidd. no one. it's why he keeps getting those open 3 pointers. he just stand on the perimeter and passes.

i like kidd for a championship team or a team with jason terry on it, but i dont see kid as a legitimate starter.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
they really blundered this offseason.

Not their fault Hedo pulled a Boozer and that the Jazz matched a difficult contract to Boozer.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
i'd keep their caproom and save it for next year. imagine if somehow lebron went to portland. I admit it's not going to happen, but if it did...holy shit.

roy, lebron, albridge, oden. with rudy off the bench, webster, and batum off the bench.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
pinkizdead wrote:
i'd keep their caproom and save it for next year. imagine if somehow lebron went to portland. I admit it's not going to happen, but if it did...holy shit.

roy, lebron, albridge, oden. with rudy off the bench, webster, and batum off the bench.
They can't save it for next year, with LA and Roy's cap holds they will be over the cap.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
TheStig wrote:
they really blundered this offseason.

Not their fault Hedo pulled a Boozer and that the Jazz matched a difficult contract to Boozer.
I don't think they were using it the right way, they should be looking to pick up someone in trade, there are a lot of teams desperate to cut payroll, adding in blake or outlaw, a prospect, and a pick should net them a star. Unfortunatly none of their picks or prospects are tradeable.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Nice deal. Miller is a solid vet, now they can use Roy at the two.