Post declaration Mock draft

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I'm going to try my hand at a mock draft based on what I think could happen.

1. Browns, QB Sam Darnold- Cleveland have to take the top QB on their board. They have holes to fill but 4 more picks in the top 2 rounds.

2. Giants, QB Josh Rosen- The Giants may not get another shot at a top talent QB like Rosen. They may keep manning, but won't pass on the future to do it.

3. Colts, DE Bradley Chubb- The Colts need a lot of help on the OL, but they have virtually no defensive talent and will need to be able to rush the passer.

4. **TRADE** Jets. QB Baker Mayfield- The Jets send the 6th pick and their 3rd round pick to the browns to jump the broncos and get mayfield. This is pure speculation but I think mayfield would excel in NY and could have a joe Namath like stardom there. Plus Josh McCown would be the perfect mentor for him.

5. Broncos. QB Mason Rudolph- this is my shocker pick, but Rudolph can really throw the ball well and he's going to look good in work outs. He has the best deep ball accuracy in the draft and I think he'll overtake Josh Allen in the rankings.

6. Browns. RB Saquon Barkley- The browns have a decent group of running backs, but Barkley is a game breaker and their offense would look much better with Barkley, Darnold, Gordon and Njoku.

7. Buccaneers. CB Minkah Fitzpatrick- The Bucs need some help on defense and Fitzpatrick is the best value left at a position of need.

8. **TRADE** Bengals OT Connor Williams- Bengals send the 12th and 77th picks to the Bears for the 8th pick. The bengals still have a pretty solid team but their offensive line was bad last year. They can jump 2 teams that have oline issues and take the top LT prospect for the cost of a 3rd rounder.

9. 49ers. OG Quentin Nelson- He's the best prospect left on the board and fits a need for the 49ers. Easy choice.

10. Raiders. LB Roquan Smith- Fits a top need for the Raiders and can be used both inside and outside.

11. Dolphins. OT Mike mcglinchey- The dolphins need an improved offensive line and They get a mauler who is better suited at RT.

12. Bears. WR Calvin Ridley- If The bears can trade down and still land Ridley or even Sutton, I think they'd consider that a win. There simply isn't a fix in free agency for the bears at the WR position so they'll have to address it early in the draft.

BEARS ROUNDS 2-7
2. LB Leighton Vander Esch- Boise St. I know some bears fans will see mcclellin with this pick, this this guys a better athlete and I think the bears are still trying to get more athletic on defense. Vander Esch is a bit of a one year wonder, but he had rare size and speed for the position. He's also has a nose for finding the football. He's going to fly up the draft boards at the combine when at 6'4" 250lbs with a sub 4.7 40 yard dash.

3. C Frank Ragnow- Arkansas. He's the top center prospect and while Whitehair had a great rookie year, he took a big step back last year. He may be better off at RT and the bears can fix 2 spots with one pick.

4a. RB Royce Freeman - Oregon. The bears seem stacked at RB with Howard and Cohen. But if Howard goes down there's no feature back, and if cohen goes down there's no threat out of the backfield in the passing game. Freeman can do both adequately. Helfrich knows this.

4b. WR Marcell Ateman Oklahoma St. The bears still need a reliable red zone threat since any contributions from White and Meredith has to be considered a bonus at this point.

5. QB Luke Falk Washington st. Falk had a bit of a down year his senior year but he also played injured most of the season. He's accurate and smart and those are two important qualities in a back up QB. I'm not comfortable with Sanchez being the back up plan. I'd rather have someone developing.

6. K Daniel Carlson Auburn. The bears have had a black hole at kicker. Carlson might be gone by this point, but he'd be a great pick here.

7. OLB shaquem Griffin Central Florida. He's mostly known for having a twin brother in the NFL and having one hand. But this guy is a play maker. In the 7th round I think that's a great place to take a risk on a guy that has speed an intangibles. If he's there it's a no brainer to me. He can rush the passer and I bet he'd be a special teams ace at worst.

That's it. It doesn't necessarily take free agency into account, but I do think that fixing all of the holes will be a two year process.

napo55

Liked Posts:
No CB? Both starters are free agents.

Nick80

Liked Posts:
Regardless of what the draft value chart might state, if I'm the Bears, I want more than just a third.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Na. Trade value is low. Don't want the QB or RB this year. Whitehair is a VG C that had a down year hiking that ball due to an injured right elbow.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
OP -- I'd be completely down with that draft. I assume that if they didn't draft many defensive players, they took care of that in free agency, so perhaps Fuller gets re-signed and they sign some guys. I'm with you on the back-up QB and Kicker and Running Back no doubt. If they draft a Kicker, he better be worth drafting compared to one they could get undrafted or on the Free Agent market -- preferably like to go defense with that pick. Running Back always needs good depth. QB is something I wanted to double dip on last year. Having two young QBs being coached up together under these offensive coaches would be a good thing to invest in. The back-up QB is important to have. And then there Calving Ridley. Yes, yes and yes yes yes to any big time playmakers that will make this team better and give Trubs a true number one target.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Our first Trade Down Clown thread of the offseason

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
There is no way Barkley drops past 3. If he is available for the colts they r 100% going to take him.
The rest is good. One of the better ones Ive seen.

dawags

Liked Posts:
At 6'3", 310lbs. would Whitehair be the smallest RT in the league?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Another Boise State player?

#Triggered

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Ewww. No Davenport, Jackson, or Ward. No thanks. The Bears are one step away of making their defense elite. Look who is left in the playoffs. All of them except NE have elite defenses.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Get two of Moncrief, Paul Richardson, Albert Wilson in free agency then grab the highest rated WR in the 2nd and we now have an NFL WR core. I don't think we need to take Ridley in the first.

Go with an impact position in the first that you usually can't get in free agency (CB, pass rusher).

CAP BOSO

Liked Posts:
Not bad. I like The Center pick, however I'm not moving Whitehair to Tackle. He's too small imo, but he is a solid guard and you can count on Sitton or Long to be hurt so this pick gives the OL depth where Whitehair can move over to Guard when Sitton or Long are hurt.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I dont like free agent Cbs our best bet is to sign both our Cbs and draft one late someone with talent draft a OLB in the first round if key or chubbs isnt there trade back pickup the next best thing.

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I don’t have a problem with moving whitehair if it falls for it. But I don’t really think he did as bad at snapping as made out to be. He had a skyscraper pylon as a qb to start with. Probably had to adjust his shotgun snap so much to accommodate.

Then a normal qb went in. Just took him a couple weeks to get used to it. By week 7 or so, there’s been no snap problems at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I dont like free agent Cbs our best bet is to sign both our Cbs and draft one late someone with talent draft a OLB in the first round if key or chubbs isnt there trade back pickup the next best thing.

I think Key is being jumped in a lot of mocks i've been seeing lately by both Davenport and Edmunds and i'd take either one over A.Key without a doubt. Too many question marks with A.Key. He still could end up being an absolute stud in the NFL but he has some pretty serious bust potential as well.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A trade down is the only way I see the Bears taking Ridley. Hell I still think 12 might be too high to take Ridley to be honest. I'm not sold on him as the best receiver in this draft.

Whitehair should stick to playing center. His snapping struggles seemed more of an adjustment from Glennon to Trubisky than anything else because it was a first half of the season issue for him. He had a fantastic rookie season and a down year last year. Overall I am not down on him at all and still feel he should stick to center.