Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Not taking qb or kicker in the draft. The 3rnd pick thrown in for the 8th int enough.

I have no problem with a QB in the 5th. Right now we have dear sweet Mitchell and nothing. I don't believe the old saying the backup QB is the 2nd most important position on the team, but he is in the top 10. Why not another young developing QB, that shit works for the Patriots with Garoppolo and Brissett.

I know the Bears have many needs, and one of them is QB2. If you are cool with Sanchez at 2 I understand why this might seem foolish, I'm not cool with Sanchez at 2.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
A trade down is the only way I see the Bears taking Ridley. Hell I still think 12 might be too high to take Ridley to be honest. I'm not sold on him as the best receiver in this draft.

Whitehair should stick to playing center. His snapping struggles seemed more of an adjustment from Glennon to Trubisky than anything else because it was a first half of the season issue for him. He had a fantastic rookie season and a down year last year. Overall I am not down on him at all and still feel he should stick to center.
Mock drafts are tough because no one knows who is going to be available at what spots. I like to think of them more as a road map. Especially since I'm not a pro scout. I know which players I like, but I have no clue who is going to succeed and who isn't.

For instance, this draft is heavy at the top at QB position, but also has some of the best depth at the position in recent memory. Falk, white, Ferguson could all be there in the mid to late rounds.

It's also Heavy with OL which we need but we have extremely pressing needs at WR and Edge rusher that I don't see any solutions for in free agency. Both positions this year are fairly light at the top but have some good depth in the mid first to late second round range.

So I just made a choice to address WR. I like Sutton just as much and guys like Armstrong and Hubbard would be just as nice in the second round. You could easily make the case to go for a receiver in the second and third(with this scenario) and get your pass rusher in the first. I wouldn't disagree.

I still like whitehair as a center too. The pick was more about trying to find a third starter out of this draft in the initial year.

I think whitehair could be a starter at both guard spots and right tackle But so could Kyle long. Long might be a better option at right tackle than white hair. But either way we dont have much depth on the OL and he's someone who could start on the inside right away (which will probably be required at some point during the year).

Nicker

Liked Posts:
I have no problem with a QB in the 5th. Right now we have dear sweet Mitchell and nothing. I don't believe the old saying the backup QB is the 2nd most important position on the team, but he is in the top 10. Why not another young developing QB, that shit works for the Patriots with Garoppolo and Brissett.

I know the Bears have many needs, and one of them is QB2. If you are cool with Sanchez at 2 I understand why this might seem foolish, I'm not cool with Sanchez at 2.
These are my thoughts exactly. At the very least give yourself a chance to develop a tradeable asset. Teams are so stingy with draft picks, it's hard to acquire more. But one thing over the years has been consistent. Teams will pay for QBs if they have to. The patriots have traded Bledsoe(1st), Cassel(2nd), Mallet(6th), Brisett(WR) and Garrapolo(2nd but the browns said they would have given a first plus) since Tom Brady became the starter. They've basically gotten a whole extra draft out of their back up QBs.

Hell, Sam Bradford got traded for a first round pick twice!

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No. For the love of god this organization needs to stop putting players that are great at one position into another position where they are a weakness. Long wasn't even NFL average at RT. He was bad. Imo it also caused problems with his health. If you want a new RT draft one.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
No. For the love of god this organization needs to stop putting players that are great at one position into another position where they are a weakness. Long wasn't even NFL average at RT. He was bad. Imo it also caused problems with his health. If you want a new RT draft one.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Didn't he make a pro bowl at RT?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In 2015 Kyle Long allowed six sacks, three quarterback hits and 28 quarterback hurries in 1,099 snaps while being penalized 9 times.

He was only voted to the Pro Bowl because its a popularity contest he was already winning from his previous two Pro Bowls at guard. It was his third consecutive PB selection and really he didn't earn it.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Whitehair at RT? Yeeeaaaahhhh No.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Do tell why? He played it at a high level in college and while he took a step back this year, he was also moved around most of the year. Based on his rookie year and comments from coaches and players I think he could play any position aside from RT at a high level. Leno is not elite but he does a much better job than we ever could have wished from a 7th round pick. All this being said I so expect us to invest in either a top end FA or a 1/2 round pick. We are all in on Michapalooza and we need help on the line.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
People really underestimate Charles Leno. Pace didn't. Its why he paid him.

http://xer0hour.com/lenomassiepbe.png

lenomassiepbe.png

Harp on Leno's penalties this season if you like, that was my gripe with him. However he isn't anywhere near the offensive line's weak link.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
People really underestimate Charles Leno. Pace didn't. Its why he paid him.

http://xer0hour.com/lenomassiepbe.png

lenomassiepbe.png

Harp on Leno's penalties this season if you like, that was my gripe with him. However he isn't anywhere near the offensive line's weak link.

He's paid like a middle of the pack LT and it's well deserved. He isn't elite at LT but you can win with him there so i'm fine with Leno and always have been.