Post Game Thread: Indianapolis Colts (0-1-0) at Chicago Bears (1-0-0) W41-21

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
LOL

I really hope you aren't talking about the Packers

No, they're defense get's good pressure but is a far cry from elite. I may have been getting ahead of myself but was thinking postseason. Where there's a good chance we'll have to beat an elite defense.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Part of the infamous Hester package?
Hopefully with AJ looking good, and his, hopefully, continued improvement that hester package will start to dwindle even more. Then Hester can concentrate on what he's great at, returning kicks and punts.

Apoptosis

Liked Posts:
Hopefully with AJ looking good, and his, hopefully, continued improvement that hester package will start to dwindle even more. Then Hester can concentrate on what he's great at, returning kicks and punts.

+1.......

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont want to run a bootleg when your RT is getting abused

I haven’t re-watched yet but it did seem most of the pressure was coming from the right. I was focusing on Webb who deserves credit for his performance against the Colts.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hopefully we didn't just look good b/c Freeney went out.

I have a feeling we'll see more screens, bootlegs, etc... I think it was more of Tice, Bates, Cutler, and Lovie not wanting to show too much. They had confidence that they could beat the Colts w/o getting too deep into the playbook. We should see a lot more variety against Green Bay, b/c obviously that will be a much tougher matchup and we'll need to go deeper into the playbook.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
I haven’t re-watched yet but it did seem most of the pressure was coming from the right. I was focusing on Webb who deserves credit for his performance against the Colts.

Carimi looked gawd awful on pass plays i mean Omiyale awful

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I think I worry that we looked good as soon as Freeney was out - but hopefully the line continues to be good and we see a lot more from the offense thursday

yep, pretty much tied directly w/Freeney bing out. when he was in there we were a mess, probably due to fearing him, being overly consumed w/where he was and whether or not he was coming at J. funny how good we began to look offensively only AFTER Dwight went out.

consider what/who will be coming all out at J and w/reckless abandon on thursday night. add to that great press man rather than what the colts ran mostly and what Lovie loves, his oh so soft zone coverage and i think we all know thursday will be a huge test for our offense.

don't get me wrong. yesterday was a nice way to start the season, like a college team scheduling a weaker opponent for their home opener to work on things w/out too much pressure. i was pleased and pleasantly surprised, but thursday's 15-1 will be a much different than yesterdays 2-14 opponent!

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Offensive game called?

What did you guys think? Too much passing? Just right?

I think there was a stretch of a lot of passing, but I loved the overall gameplan and really loved the aggressive bomb to Jeffery late in the game to seal it. Great call.

Rodneyr38

Liked Posts:
Started the game out with way too much passing looked like Martz was here, then after the oline got settled the playcalling was great except for the 3rd and long draw play to bush

BeerMe

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think there was a stretch of a lot of passing, but I loved the overall gameplan and really loved the aggressive bomb to Jeffery late in the game to seal it. Great call.

I liked it.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
i'm not sure what the run/pass ration was but i liked the play calling. there was yardage a plenty in both areas and it kept the def honest

Dejo

Godfather of FTO
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Real Salt Lake
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Utah Jazz
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Utah Utes
Cutler audibled to some of those passing plays due to 1 on 1 with Marshall.

Evan was awesome at blocking.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
THe pass/run ratio was almost even. I liked the play calliing, the game plan etc..... I did think that Cutler especially in the first half was too fixed on targeting Marshall.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is what I wanted to see. A weak opponent on the ropes and a knockout punch delivered.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Overall good. The first 2 possessions looked terrible, although that may have had more to do with poor execution than the play called. I thought the Cutler pick 6 possession play calling was especially bad. The pick was on Cutler, but we didn't give him too much to work with.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
um, i'm sorry, y'all but Hester was lost on that play. i highly doubt he was supposed to be running to the same side as Forte. i believe he was just plain lost, which is far from the first time we've seen that. Hester looked hesitant and, i'm fairly certain, was supposed to motion the other way in order to draw attention AWAY from the play side (Forte's sweep), not be on the same side and actually bring attention TO IT.

IMO, that play was busted, or rather Hester screwed it up.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

A little over 300 yds passing and 100 yards rushing (which is what the bears produced), is a good yards ratio, and is almost always a recipe for victory.

Of course, you just to have to do whatever is working. Cutler said the colts kept stacking the box and playing one-on-one coverage, challenging the bears to throw. That being the case, I think the amount of passing calls was appropriate. Bears still got over 100 yds rushing.

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only complaint is when the Bears build up a little lead they always seem to let their foot off the gas. Enough with that shit. Every time they do it they get out of rhythm and let the other team rally a bit.. I understand trying to be good sport and not run up the score but FUCK THAT SHIT.

When you got your foot on the opponents neck you don't ease off and help them back up to their feet.. you stomp that fucking shit into the ground and send a message to the rest of league.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
um, i'm sorry, y'all but Hester was lost on that play. i highly doubt he was supposed to be running to the same side as Forte. i believe he was just plain lost, which is far from the first time we've seen that. Hester looked hesitant and, i'm fairly certain, was supposed to motion the other way in order to draw attention AWAY from the play side (Forte's sweep), not be on the same side and actually bring attention TO IT.

IMO, that play was busted, or rather Hester screwed it up.

they ran that play twice so not sure Hester was lost..Due to where he was at in realation to Forte it looks as if it was an option play...Even Dierdorf mentioned that it looked like an option play