Potential Temporary Silver Lining Ahead

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
With Whitehair out and the kid Mustipher starting, I could see the OL getting back to basics in drills to help the kid and a better performance and technique across the board this week vs. the Saints.

Now if things are as bad as ever, feel free to light me up for being "Wrong" and I'll shrug it off. Because I certainly will not crow my own praises if this turns out true as well.

Go Bears!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
We don’t know about mustipher so there is hope. Problem is to his left is coward. That isn’t going to help at all. I would feel allot better if coward wasn’t playing

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
We don’t know about mustipher so there is hope. Problem is to his left is coward. That isn’t going to help at all. I would feel allot better if coward wasn’t playing

Yes I would prefer Bars to Coward as well. I could see the whole line kinda getting more focused on fundamentals as they rally around the kid. That kind of culture I think Nagy does well and may reflect a better offensive line today.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I like your positivity, but I more likely see it going the other way.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict the Gremans bomb Pearl Harbor immediately following this broadcast

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What's your take on this season @DaaBears ? I know you're a level headed poster

The easy one is defense. The Bears are Eddie Goldman away from having by far the #1 defense, and this with a defensive coordinator who is a B+ . As is, still easy top 3.

I agree with most on here about the OL, although , I do Trubisky made them look better than they were for the last few years. I love Mack, but that trade hurt the opportunity to build the line, the same way the trade for Cutler did. I think that Nagy runs his offense without considering the talent strengths and weaknesses and blind to what opponents are scheming on defense. And I think Foles is not who you want as QB with the other team weaknesses.

I almost want something to happen to get Trubisky back on the field, only chance with this OL.

Bottom line, defense A, offense F, if the offense could get back to a C-, could go deep into playoffs. Thanks for asking!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
The easy one is defense. The Bears are Eddie Goldman away from having by far the #1 defense, and this with a defensive coordinator who is a B+ . As is, still easy top 3.

I agree with most on here about the OL, although , I do Trubisky made them look better than they were for the last few years. I love Mack, but that trade hurt the opportunity to build the line, the same way the trade for Cutler did. I think that Nagy runs his offense without considering the talent strengths and weaknesses and blind to what opponents are scheming on defense. And I think Foles is not who you want as QB with the other team weaknesses.

I almost want something to happen to get Trubisky back on the field, only chance with this OL.

Bottom line, defense A, offense F, if the offense could get back to a C-, could go deep into playoffs. Thanks for asking!

I agree. A true offensive mind would maximize the limitations they have regardless of the QB. They don't need to be elite with this D and a good ST (bye Ginn)

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nagy has yet to adjust a god damned thing based on his personnel. Why do you think he will suddenly do it now?

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears

I agree with all you say. I have my doubts though that, if the "opportunity to build the line" were there, Pace would have seized the chance to do so.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree with all you say. I have my doubts though that, if the "opportunity to build the line" were there, Pace would have seized the chance to do so.

Probably right about that.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The OP has a good point. A new guy making the line calls may force Nagy's hand to scale things back and simplify the offense...a lot like the first two weeks.

Another silver lining I may add is that this OL has faced a murder's row of some very talented defensive linemen this past month. It started with the Colts and will, mercifully, end today with the Saints. The OL could start to look competent again for the last stretch of the season just by a change of opponents.

....till the playoffs start, that is.......

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The OP has a good point. A new guy making the line calls may force Nagy's hand to scale things back and simplify the offense...a lot like the first two weeks.

Another silver lining I may add is that this OL has faced a murder's row of some very talented defensive linemen this past month. It started with the Colts and will, mercifully, end today with the Saints. The OL could start to look competent again for the last stretch of the season just by a change of opponents.

....till the playoffs start, that is.......

It doesn’t force him to do anything. We ran the same damn offense for 17 weeks last season even though half the offense couldnt run it.

Any sane person would have given up play calling... Nagy doesn’t give a shit.

Liked Posts:
Yeah and it's frustrating not seeing Bars in there...Idon't get it.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Bitch, we're doing the end around as long as Patterson breathes

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nagy has yet to adjust a god damned thing based on his personnel. Why do you think he will suddenly do it now?

I don't think he will

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
He may have finally learned his lesson.