Pre-season Everything Thread

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
And wouldn’t you know it?

Borgstrom and Nylander on a line with Reichel who has been one of, if not the most impressive player during practice scrims.

I really hope Blowman is giving Colonton a reach around.

Kaner looks to be sitting this one out, but you damn well know if he wasn’t he would be stuck carrying Stans two golden boys

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Borgstrom and Nylander on a line with Reichel who has been one of, if not the most impressive player during practice scrims.

Kaner looks to be sitting this one out, but you damn well know if he wasn’t he would be stuck carrying Stans two golden boys

Is Toews expected to play in the preseason?

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hockey hockey rawr rawr motherfuckers!!!
Raaawwwrrr!!!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Where did you see the lines for tonight?

For those wondering, it's showing up on NBCSports Plus on my guide for tonight, you figure out if you have it or not.

ESPN injury report has this.

Name, PosstatusDATE
Collin Delia
G
Day-To-DaySep 25
Colton Dach
C
Day-To-DaySep 27
Alec Regula
D
Day-To-DaySep 27

Typically I don't go to ESPN for hockey news, but I'm hopeful now that they have the new contract they'll care again.

EDIT: Nevermind I found it.

PROJECTED LINEUP​

Kubalik - Toews - Kurashev
Hagel - Dach - Connolly
Reichel - Borgstrom - Nylander
Khaira - Entwistle - Gaudette

Stillman - Murphy
C. Jones - Kalynuk
Phillips - Beaudin

Lankinen
Soderblom

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maggie Raptor says Hawks need more goons.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Toews/Kubi/Kura is fun to watch

Phillips isn’t an NHL defenseman just yet

Dach winning faceoffs is good to see and so is Hagel on his wing.

Borgstrom had two grade A chances and blew both of them but he gets a semi pass on the Dach set up on the pp. Dach really needs to go to the net with that or see Kura rushing.

Reichel is 100% making this team out of camp. Most noticeable out there. Pack your bags Strome, thank you, fuck you.

Nyuk looked bad on the Wings goal but looked great with possession on the Kubi goal.

And why the fuck is Borgstrom on the first PP?

Gaudette is looking like a Blowman steal.

Like the size and speed of Caleb and Stillman.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wish ESPN+ was carrying this...have to follow the notifications. Glad Hagelstorm potted one.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
JarJar pots one on a great deflect

Can’t say enough about Hagel

Nylander thinks he’s Kane

defense is still sus. A lot of running around still

Lank with a softie here

With the size, they are tougher to play against.

I think Strome, Borgstrom, and Nylander are running out of options. Stromes lucky he isn’t playing cuz I think he would have played himself off the team tonight with a bad game.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Radio yo!
I'm at work listening on WGN app.
One of those moments when the fucking obvious escapes me...
JarJar pots one on a great deflect

Can’t say enough about Hagel

Nylander thinks he’s Kane

defense is still sus. A lot of running around still

Lank with a softie here

With the size, they are tougher to play against.

I think Strome, Borgstrom, and Nylander are running out of options. Stromes lucky he isn’t playing cuz I think he would have played himself off the team tonight with a bad game.
Thanks for the heads-up!

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
My boy Hagel looks to still be solid. Hope this is the new Gaudette. Great to see Captain on the ice. Happy that Lank is the backup. And that's not a knock on him.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Caleb Jones, Toes, Gaudette lookin good. Stillman too!

Hawks are 4 lines deep boyz . . .

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems like Fartini is off to a reaaaaaal bad start this year hahahahahahaa

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Not a great night for Dach
Yeah, he really needs to shoot the puck. I mean, there’s going to come a time when ppl are going to say that this is all Dach is, a big kid who’s good along the boards who can find an open guy but has no desire to shoot the puck himself. That’s not a top three pick in a deep draft.

He wasn’t bad on draws, but then again, Toews was doing the heavy lifting in that department. Toews, JarJar, Gaudette,Hagel and Reichel all outplayed Dach tonight. Gaudette in particular earned a move up to the second line with his play.

Yes, half the team was missing, but the Hawks are still running around in their own end, and to a shitty Detroit team no less littered with scrubs. My optimism went out the door midway thru the first preseason game.

Colonton needs to go. You have to point a finger at the system or lack there of defensively. This team is going to be reliant on out scoring teams every single game and winning 6-5 every night to succeed. It might work in the regular season, but this team gets stomped in the first round.

Plus, I’m really not a fan of Blowman deciding the line up. Reichel carried Borg and Nylander. Neither deserve a spot on an nhl team. Having Borg on the first power play was an embarrassment and with both misfires he made in the first he should have been taken off the pp period. Nylander did just not give a shit out there tonight.

I really hope Rocky sees this shit and finally cuts the bait on Colonton and Blowman once and for all