Pre-season Everything Thread

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is Toews expected to play in the preseason?

Just shy of 23 outstanding minutes,a dandy helper on the 1st goal after some dandy board work,a BEAUTY of a shootout goal as usual and SEVENTY ONE PERCENT AT THE DOT(not a typo) while the team was 49% collectively.

Out of shape? Battling illness.......LOFL!!!!!!!!

Bust

Liked Posts:

Just shy of 23 outstanding minutes,a dandy helper on the 1st goal after some dandy board work,a BEAUTY of a shootout goal as usual and SEVENTY ONE PERCENT AT THE DOT(not a typo) while the team was 49% collectively.

this is the year boyz . . .

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember when the moron @KBIB said that Toews wasn't playing last year because he was demanding a trade and that Toews wouldn't ever play for the Hawks again?

OOPS!!!

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:

Don’t let that respectable 49% team number fool you. That 71% win percentage is god tier and inflates everyone else into respectability.

Im curious to know exactly how many draws Toews lost, as I counted two in the first period. If that’s the case, he got better as the game went on.

Yikes

JarJar was brought in because he’s around a 50/50 guy at this moment in his career and that’s where he was around. Considering he’s going to start at least 60% in his own zone, If he and Toews can lead to faster transitions with d-zone possession off the draw, I’ll take it and run. That deflection goal showed me he has better eye hand co-ordination then Kampf on his best day and he has enough vision to keep springing Gaudette who was flying last night and creating.

Kampf would have got the puck in deep, gave it up, and was quicksand swimming to get back into his own zone two seconds after the puck crossed his blue line. Fuck him, glad he’s gone.

Seeing Dach at 35% when he won a couple faceoffs in the first is just showing the kid isn’t a center already. Put him at wing and be done with it. This is the only reason why I don’t want him centering Kane, what good does having a big body out there on a sheltered line do if you can’t win a faceoff?

And don’t give me Anisimov. Anisomov was a pedestrian 45% guy but he made that 45% count and stood like a brick wall in front of the net while Kane and Bread were clowning five skaters by themselves. Dach doesn’t like to stand in front unless it’s on the pp and that’s not even the first option because that role was Shaws until his brain started trickling out his ears and he did it better.

Anisimov was also potting 20 goals a year. The jury is still out if Dach can hit 15.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don’t let that respectable 49% team number fool you. That 71% win percentage is god tier and inflates everyone else into respectability.

Im curious to know exactly how many draws Toews lost, as I counted two in the first period. If that’s the case, he got better as the game went on.

Yikes

JarJar was brought in because he’s around a 50/50 guy at this moment in his career and that’s where he was around. Considering he’s going to start at least 60% in his own zone, If he and Toews can lead to faster transitions with d-zone possession off the draw, I’ll take it and run. That deflection goal showed me he has better eye hand co-ordination then Kampf on his best day and he has enough vision to keep springing Gaudette who was flying last night and creating.

Kampf would have got the puck in deep, gave it up, and was quicksand swimming to get back into his own zone two seconds after the puck crossed his blue line. Fuck him, glad he’s gone.

Seeing Dach at 35% when he won a couple faceoffs in the first is just showing the kid isn’t a center already. Put him at wing and be done with it. This is the only reason why I don’t want him centering Kane, what good does having a big body out there on a sheltered line do if you can’t win a faceoff?

And don’t give me Anisimov. Anisomov was a pedestrian 45% guy but he made that 45% count and stood like a brick wall in front of the net while Kane and Bread were clowning five skaters by themselves. Dach doesn’t like to stand in front unless it’s on the pp and that’s not even the first option because that role was Shaws until his brain started trickling out his ears and he did it better.

Anisimov was also potting 20 goals a year. The jury is still out if Dach can hit 15.
In my opinion, the only way a center can be really successful if they're below 50% is if they are a defensive stud like Bolland or Kruger were for us so that even if they lost a draw, they has a good chance of getting the puck back, there's enough defense on the team that they can get the puck back and start an offensive transition, and/or if there's enough O on the line that once we have possession, we can keep the puck in the offensive end and then the center is more values for thewir positional play.

Dach is an interesting case as it stands. I think there's a chance that a Gaudette/Dach/Hagel line might be successful even if Dach is bad at the dot (maybe like the old Ladd/Bolland/Havlat line). Hagel's tenacity might nullify the faceoff disadvantage as long as Dach plays positionally well.

It's Strome I'm more worried about since we haven't seen him yet this season. He could be supercharged and actually look decent...or he could like Nylander reportedly looked last night.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
In my opinion, the only way a center can be really successful if they're below 50% is if they are a defensive stud like Bolland or Kruger were for us so that even if they lost a draw, they has a good chance of getting the puck back, there's enough defense on the team that they can get the puck back and start an offensive transition, and/or if there's enough O on the line that once we have possession, we can keep the puck in the offensive end and then the center is more values for thewir positional play.

Dach is an interesting case as it stands. I think there's a chance that a Gaudette/Dach/Hagel line might be successful even if Dach is bad at the dot (maybe like the old Ladd/Bolland/Havlat line). Hagel's tenacity might nullify the faceoff disadvantage as long as Dach plays positionally well.

It's Strome I'm more worried about since we haven't seen him yet this season. He could be supercharged and actually look decent...or he could like Nylander reportedly looked last night.
See, idk about that.

Bolland was already in the other centers head by the time he skated to the dot. He played the game within the game beautifully and I don’t think Dach is ever going to be that type of player.

The line you mentioned was great because both Gaudette and Hagel were playing like their careers were on the line. Dach, was a detriment. I’ll give the whole “well, it was preseason and the first game” excuse a workout, but I really think Dach isn’t going to be the player many fans think he is. And for all the talk about his skating, I see a guy who lumbers down the ice. Maybe it’s the long strides, but Seth is a big guy who skates beautifully.

The guy needs to take a big ass step to even think about playing with Kane.

As for Strome, watch him put up four points tomorrow with one rink wide that creates a breakaway goal. That will be like a bomb of man ass and expectations dropped on Twitter with the “you gottas play him with Kane and Cat” comments until fallout particles of idiot fill up every tweet.

And yeah, Nylander was a big bag of ass last night. I’m sure I was optimistic when the trade was made, but now he’s just a friggin body. No desire out there and the one time I noticed him he was putting Kaner moves on some scrub and lost possession.

You ever take a shit where you know you got a bomb to drop and at the last second you push it out and the entire inner bowl is so covered the toilet auto flushes?

/\ Nylander

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Yikes

JT was 15 of 21 at the dot and I posted the team's 49% to make the same point you did. Guys like AA,Shaw and Bolland were lampooned in Chicago for only winning 45% of their FO's .........let's hope Dach can get to even that level soon or I agree.....wing it is.
Jar Jar has had some serious concussion issues the last year,I hope it's behind him because he's big,tough and a decent player in a few different ways.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
JT was 15 of 21 at the dot and I posted the team's 49% to make the same point you did. Guys like AA,Shaw and Bolland were lampooned in Chicago for only winning 45% of their FO's .........let's hope Dach can get to even that level soon or I agree.....wing it is.
Jar Jar has had some serious concussion issues the last year,I hope it's behind him because he's big,tough and a decent player in a few different ways.
I knew we were on the same page, I just wanted to make it abundantly clear to the corn fed here that enjoy Toews when he plays because 71% at the dot is EA NHL in the friggin game ridiculous. Hell, I don’t even think I’m that high playing that game and I played in a money tournament.

As for Dach, if your looking at 45% at the dot this year that’s a huge improvement, yet still really average/ below average. I think Mackinnon has a low faceoff percentage but there’s and obvious skill differential between he and the vacuum.

The problem arises when fans say Dach is the heir apparent to take Toews spot. He’s not going to, and penciling him in isn’t helping him. The kid was rushed into the nhl, then had a big time injury last year. There’s nothing wrong with putting him out there as the third line center bumslaying other teams third lines and getting a mismatch that he can take advantage of with Hagel, who’s speed and aggro compliments Dach perfectly then saying “Cat/Dach/Kane” so the kid can rack up secondary assists mooching off Kane 5V5/PP like a former pylon did who got shipped off to Columbus so fast for an elite defenseman it’s like they barged into his home at night, thru him into a catapult cone, cut the fucking rope, and watched the launch with a straight hand over the brim of their foreheads to block moonlight.

Fuck you, Bustvist. Glad your gone and hopefully the next two concussions you get this year don’t force you to sign your checks with a big “X” later on in life.

But back to Dach, I’m sorry but this is his make or break year. He’s good on the boards, he’s decent to good in his own end, but he has to start shooting the puck. Adam Oates was a ridiculous playmaker with a pass first mentality and I’m sorry, Dach does not come close to Oates in IQ, vision, or instant chemistry with players with high skill levels. Dach will board work then find the open guy, a great skill, but Tom Wilson does the same thing on top of scaring the entire bench of the opposition on top of potting 20. And idk if your drafting Tom Wilson with a third overall pick when a top pairing guy is right there to be had in Byram.

If Dach can’t put 20 behind the goalie, your looking at another reach pick for Blowman

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hagel-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borgstrom-Kane
Reichel-Dach-Big Johnson
Gaudette-Carp-Khaira
Strome
Nylander
Hardman
Entwhistle

Jones-McCabe
Murphy-Mitchel
Stillman-Jones
De haan
Kalynuk
Beudin

Bust

Liked Posts:
Hagel-Toews-Kubalik
Cat-Borgstrom-Kane
Reichel-Dach-Big Johnson
Gaudette-Carp-Khaira
Strome
Nylander
Hardman
Entwhistle

Jones-McCabe
Murphy-Mitchel
Stillman-Jones
De haan
Kalynuk
Beudin

That's a deep lineup . . .main guys need to stay healthy <that goes for any pro team> and one or 2 surprises from camp?

Last to First Boyz . . .

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

You ever take a shit where you know you got a bomb to drop and at the last second you push it out and the entire inner bowl is so covered the toilet auto flushes?

/\ Nylander
points-agree.gif

Seriously though, we'll see on Dach. I'm hoping for the best for him.
I knew we were on the same page, I just wanted to make it abundantly clear to the corn fed here that enjoy Toews when he plays because 71% at the dot is EA NHL in the friggin game ridiculous. Hell, I don’t even think I’m that high playing that game and I played in a money tournament.
From what I gather Toews is something like 57% at the dot for the career. That's up there. It might not be Yannic Perrault (61% on the career), but it is very impressive--and coming back after a fuckton of injury time lost and going 71%? Yeah...

Granada

Liked Posts:
Sure it's probably been said already, but I thought Gaudette had a solid game. It's funny how it's usually the player no one saw coming who impresses. Much like Hagel.

Lankinen: I don't know what to make of this guy. On some stops, the guy looks like a world-class goaltender. On others, specifically on that shitty second Detroit goal he gave up, he looks like Christobal Huet.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Pace yourself. It's a long year, he looked great, but no telling what the full season can do to his condition. Just like Dach I'm not going to hold my opinion of them based on one preseason game with some real scrubs around them. Can't wait to see Toews and Kane together, I don't care what anyones lines say. Also, man are you right, that Shootout goal was vintage.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Blows tonight.

NBC Sports plus again. Don't forget, for whatever stupid fucking reason they decided to have tomorrows game in Independence, it won't be telecast. Most likely because they would have lost money on getting the crew there.

Also, @LordKOTL I think it was you asking about ESPN+. It's showing on the site that the rest of the games are on there except for obviously the game tomorrow.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Blows tonight.

NBC Sports plus again. Don't forget, for whatever stupid fucking reason they decided to have tomorrows game in Independence, it won't be telecast. Most likely because they would have lost money on getting the crew there.

Also, @LordKOTL I think it was you asking about ESPN+. It's showing on the site that the rest of the games are on there except for obviously the game tomorrow.
You don’t have NBCS+?

Get fuboTV

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

PROJECTED LINEUP

DeBrincat - T. Johnson - Kane
Reichel - Toews - Hagel
Nylander - Strome - Carpenter
Pour - R. Johnson - Osipov

McCabe - S. Jones
de Haan - C. Jones