Pre-season Everything Thread

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane moving around a lot isn’t a good look. Idk if that’s by design or what
At least he's moving...everyone else is welded in place.

Good goal El Gato.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Having Kane on a point on the pp is stupid.

Im not a fan of a forward playing a point unless he has a cannon of a shot

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Having Kane on a point on the pp is stupid.

Im not a fan of a forward playing a point unless he has a cannon of a shot
Agreed, Kane should be along the boards. But then again this is preseason so it's okay to test things out...but the statue impersonating has to stop.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Got to say not so impressed with the creativity of the flowers mask. But man am I digging those pads

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What. A. Feed! And great finish by Jones the Younger!

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Impressed with the Jones bros.

The Hawks have a grindy team but they look like they are run and gun. This team doesn’t have an identity.

McCabe has been terrific. Allen has been good. Kane’s line is fun to watch especially if a Jones is on the ice. They are really rushing the defenseman and attacking, but you seriously have to learn when to do it.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Nylander sighting in the first, nowhere in the second.

Strome is trying, but I think he’s playing himself off the team right now. I’d rather have the big Russian.

ytsejam

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Listening not watching.
Does Delia still look like a white boy trying to breakdance on ice in goalie gear?

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Another play dies on Nylander stick because he tries to pull a Kane.

Delia is not an NHL goalie

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Welp second preseason loss. Season over boys pack it up

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Things I noticed;

They kept rushing left D in the o-zone to keep pressure. If I noticed that in 1080, I’m sure other teams will to.

Allen, defensive dman, was rushing the slot while Mitchell stood there, the actual pmd.

If I recall correctly, the Russian thug is actually a really tough guy noted for heavy hands and a head made of stone. If we have a taxi squad this year I’m sure he’s on it.

I don’t think Reichel makes the team, They’re giving Nylander every opportunity and that’s complete bullshit. They can use his speed and board work.

I don’t know what it is, but there seems to be this thing with players clustering up at the same spot in the ozone. Carps goal, Strome in on top of him, Nylander is right next to somebody all the time. This is bad coaching. Twice I saw players laying on top of each other out there.

Cat might pot 50 goals this year. That shot is just magic.

idk what’s wrong with Kane, but he wasn’t looking Kane like tonight.

Bust

Liked Posts:
idk what’s wrong with Kane, but he wasn’t looking Kane like tonight.

edzo mentioned he had issue with his skate equipment. Maybe he went with a new sponsor brand ice skates. Got to suck having bad skates if that was indeed true. That's your wheels . . .

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nolander has no place in the NHL. Why can't management see that? Any player from Rockford would be better for the team. He's a turnover machine.
Wouldn’t it be nice if they saw it 2 or 3 years ago?
I don’t think he’s gonna make the squad being realistic. They would have to disappear 3 or 4 guys clearly contributing more who want it.
I would guess he gets a long banishment to Rockford followed by a last chance to act like he wants it with us or with a change of scenery.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
edzo mentioned he had issue with his skate equipment. Maybe he went with a new sponsor brand ice skates. Got to suck having bad skates if that was indeed true. That's your wheels . . .
Well that’s a relief.

Hearing all this stuff about him being injured has me nervous.

This team goes nowhere without Kane

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Wouldn’t it be nice if they saw it 2 or 3 years ago?
I don’t think he’s gonna make the squad being realistic. They would have to disappear 3 or 4 guys clearly contributing more who want it.
I would guess he gets a long banishment to Rockford followed by a last chance to act like he wants it with us or with a change of scenery.
I think he makes the team over Reichel, and is somehow figured out on a line with Kane.

I think Nylander gets at least 20 games in the top six before anybody thinks “hey, this guy isn’t that good” because I don’t think Stan admits he made a mistake