Pre-season Everything Thread

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
Nolander has no place in the NHL. Why can't management see that? Any player from Rockford would be better for the team. He's a turnover machine.
Two fights last night makes me think Colonton wants a goon on the team or in the press box just in case.

I’ll take Reese or the Russian any day over Nylander

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Reminder no TV tonight but hopefully they still have a radio feed.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace yourself. It's a long year, he looked great, but no telling what the full season can do to his condition. Just like Dach I'm not going to hold my opinion of them based on one preseason game with some real scrubs around them. Can't wait to see Toews and Kane together, I don't care what anyones lines say. Also, man are you right, that Shootout goal was vintage.
None of us know for sure but he hasn't had this long away from the game since he was what.....15-16? This could mean he's rested and ready or it could mean he's rusty and has a way to go,I just see the months of skating and practicing with teammates and the game and practice minutes so far as a big positive.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nolander has no place in the NHL. Why can't management see that? Any player from Rockford would be better for the team. He's a turnover machine.
If it was only bad attitude and poor effort,that'd be bad enough but I see NONE of the so called skill he's supposed to have either. Flubbed shots,awful pass attempts and he got the puck in open ice late on a PP and just skated it into traffic but it's always been his play without the puck that has really given his HC's fits.

He had three shots with two different HC's for a Sabres club in DIRE need of top six forwards and neither HC could stand him for more than 12 games. This 'smartest guy in the room' trade saw Henri Jokiharju skate 23 top pair minutes with Dahlin last night,holding the Pens to 2 goals on only 26 shots. Our new improved and expensive D allowed 40.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
D-Cat's one-timer was sweet but not as sweet as his dish across on Jones' goal,Im' tellin' ya,we got a TIGER by the tail with this kid and he'll get even better. The longer it takes to extend him the more expensive it'll be.

KBIB

Liked Posts:
D-Cat's one-timer was sweet but not as sweet as his dish across on Jones' goal,Im' tellin' ya,we got a TIGER by the tail with this kid and he'll get even better. The longer it takes to extend him the more expensive it'll be.
Agreed.

I hate making ridiculous predictions, but I don’t think it’s out the realm Cat pots 50 soon. He’s reminding me of Martin St Louis

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
None of us know for sure but he hasn't had this long away from the game since he was what.....15-16? This could mean he's rested and ready or it could mean he's rusty and has a way to go,I just see the months of skating and practicing with teammates and the game and practice minutes so far as a big positive.
Yes. But you can't diminish the condition. Just because he's rested and ready to go now it doesn't mean that he's somehow cured. He's not a 15 or 16 year old now his body doesn't just magically rejuvenate. I'm very hopeful that through the time off on the treatment he's learned how to manage the expectations of what's required of him and how to give everything you can without wearing himself out. We'll see if he has to take scheduled days off during the season or anything like that but so far he's looked really good and I'm hopeful

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I missed the game Friday. The life of shuttling my sons home after hockey practice.

Seems like Reichel may stick coming out of camp

KBIB

Liked Posts:

Here’s the stream

KBIB

Liked Posts:
Stream is trash

Stillman is a mini force out there tonight. Not taking any of the Blues shit and hitting everything in site.

Gaudette and JarJar another great game. A Gau/JarJar/Carp line has more potential then any line that gets stuck with Nylander

Borg is having that game he needs to have. Goal and an apple so far

Subban has been good enough that you might have to question who would be a better backup to flower. And I’m being serious

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Both Dachs on the board, pretty cool.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4th Reich-Tazer-Kubalik
El Gato-Borgbot/Strome-Kaner
Bagel-DaChosen-Big Johnson
Gaudette-Strome/Carp-Khaira
13. Carp/War Orca

Jones-Mitchell
Murphy-McCabe
Stillman-Jones
7.Kalynuk/Nylander/War Orca

If it comes down to Carp or War Orca one is a trash fish and the other you can make perfume and lantern oil from.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
War Orca ends the nonsense teams are game planning to inflict on us. You have have to do it imo.

I'm happy the mini-me shit is over.

They went out and bought the mini they have been trying to replicate for years in Johnson.

Some guys are young but I've said elsewhere I think they gained about 200 lbs collectively.

Are we fast enough? I don't know but we find ways to score it should help to have structural integrity every night and avoid embarrassment physically for morale.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4th Reich-Tazer-Kubalik
El Gato-Borgbot/Strome-Kaner
Bagel-DaChosen-Big Johnson
Gaudette-Strome/Carp-Khaira
13. Carp/War Orca

Jones-Mitchell
Murphy-McCabe
Stillman-Jones
7.Kalynuk/Nylander/War Orca

If it comes down to Carp or War Orca one is a trash fish and the other you can make perfume and lantern oil from.

No De Haan or Kurasev?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No De Haan or Kurasev?
I guess we can view roster settlement as a process until Thanksgiving. Surely will be a few moves to clarify their intentions.

I'm sure Kurashev makes it over the deck of centers.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Had to miss a lot of the 1st but on replay, I like.