Pre-season IGT: State of the Franchise

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
AI's post was so good it triggered me twice.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Smith on the left, Caggs on the right is weird. Potential 4th line.

The defensive pairings make sense.

That Shaw with Cat thing is something I resisted all summer in projections. I just don't like it. So when Shaw agitates people and starts fights Stome and Cat are gonna be out there with him?

Its too easy of a line to match-up with by getting physical and Shaw will pay the price and our young assets will be in harms way. Shaw distracting from Kubalik's sniping, and Perlini working the boards for the kids makes more sense to me.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still can't watch the fucking game because NHLNetwork live aired the wrong game when Blackhawks was labeled, and in both replays last night and this morning also played the Flyers game in the Hawks slot...

fucking shit. You guys will have to tell me how they look past the stat line.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I really dont want to hear about expansion again. They solved that problem by signing guys like tootoo that nobody wanted anyway, and you would think exposing gus, kukoo, dahlstrom etc solves the problem anyway.

As long as he is playing hockey, he has a shot to get concussed again, maybe the amount of time we get him has a limit anyway.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really dont want to hear about expansion again. They solved that problem by signing guys like tootoo that nobody wanted anyway, and you would think exposing gus, kukoo, dahlstrom etc solves the problem anyway.

As long as he is playing hockey, he has a shot to get concussed again, maybe the amount of time we get him has a limit anyway.

I don't know what they are thinking but their contracts seem set-up to season him briefly in Rockford, and for all we know they prefer that for his development. I trust them more than I trust you and I to figure it out because we lack the financial information, team of coaches, doctor access, and "boardroom" discussions that go into these things.

Obviously his offense is ready for the NHL level. That isn't the questions they are asking themselves. I'm gonna trust the smart guys who are looking at their cards. I can't see their hand and haven't been counting the deck.

Last edited:

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yeah, I guess, I mean a gm like stan who is admitting mistakes and going out and getting back the players he flipped off who would not accept a bridge contract, and bringing them back for terms teams with all kind of cap room gave them has to be showing growth??????

Game 2 lines.

DeBrincat - Strome - Shaw
Smith - Entwistle - Caggiula
Kubalik - Nilsson - Perlini
Fortin - Johnson - Wedin

Dahlstrom - Murphy
Holm - Koekkoek
Carlsson - Krys
Beaudin

Lehner
Lankinen

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I still can't watch the fucking game because NHLNetwork live aired the wrong game when Blackhawks was labeled, and in both replays last night and this morning also played the Flyers game in the Hawks slot...

fucking shit. You guys will have to tell me how they look past the stat line.
Fuck NHLN that shit had me ragging last night

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Boqvist goal was sick. Had one like that in the Prospects Tourney too

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That Boqvist goal was sick. Had one like that in the Prospects Tourney too

And the summer camp. He looks to me like he is in the running for third best goal scorer on the team to me. Hopefully Kubalik has something to say about that tonight.

Not sure what it means that Beudin has to go back to back like Niilson but it probably means they want him to show them something.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
28 yo KHL All-star offensive defenseman Phillip Holm shows up in his first opportunity to finish a great pass from Strome. It was both a nice pass and nice shot, not a gift.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pre-season Statement Rankings

1. Kubalik-
2 goals. The first was reminiscent of Nylanders yesterday, a quick backhand flip off rebound. .Kubaliks laser
Who needs Panarin when they grow on trees? Good job Stan! 30 goal lock, 40+ goal potential.
2. Bovquist- 2 points, 1 goal. His goal was nasty and he stole the show as usual. Bovquist Goal (speaks for itself)
3. Holm- 2 points, 1 goal. Stan may have out done himself this year. Solid showing. Straight forward goal. 28yo
4. Nylander- 2 points, 1 goal. Showing good skill and high hockey IQ. Low key guy like Bovquist. The difference is he remains low key with the puck, whereas there is that special suddenness and electricity on Bovquists stick.
5. Kampf-1 point. His line didn't disappoint with 4 points total. Saarela-Kampf-Nylander make first statement. Kampf showed up creating turnovers, good passes...
6. Strome- 1 point. Looked good, great assist. Created Holms goal, Shaw's assist.
7. Perlini- 1 point. Good efforts more than once. Nice pass. Gives good shifts. worker. Trade bait.(promised trade?)
8. Saarela- 1 goal. redirected a Gus shot. Nice sized kid, good net work on that play.
9. Gus- 1 point. It was a good hard shot Saarela helped along, little low. Can't sign him and Cat, Strome, Kubalik, Lehnar
10. Highmore-1 point. freebee. winning and losing face-offs, good showing. Part of a rockford group I think can make some noise and bring Hawks great deals to extend future.
11. Cat- Seemed content to help others, get loose, hit and get hit. Nothing to prove.
12. Lehnar- brilliant. 1 bad play, one weird play. Showed his abilities too.
13. Shaw- 1 point. Freebee, but he also drew a penalty...which from him is a smile.
______________cut here along line______________cut here along line_____________________cut here along line_________________
14. Sikura-1 point. Bovquist did ALL of the work on this, rebounding a deflected shot(poor shot) and carrying around net. Still...Sikura displays good hockey IQ and shows up in right places.
16. Delia looked good to me. Delia is learning. He gets it. Consistency needed... make the easy ones easy, reduce rebounds.
17. Dahlstrom- 1 point. Good teamwork. Freebee point, but put the puck on net.
xx. Beudin- Saw some solid play. Good turnover at blue line. potential. Rockford the next step.
xx. Koekkoek spent too much time in box. Trying too hard? Pressure? we need physical, pre-season line to cross thin.
xx. Lankenen- adjusting to speed of nhl. Threw him in deep end, took in some water, swam a little.
xx. Krys- considering he ran his own goalie and scored an own goal, lets just say his debut could have gone better.

REAL TIME ROSTER PROJECTION

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Shaw

13. Smith

Keith-Gus
Maata-Seabs
Murphy-Holm

Koekkoek (De Haan-short term IR)

DAILY TRENDS
A. Maata-Seabs- nooooooooo....the dreaded Walrus line makes its debut tonight.
B. Holm, Bovquist, Dahlstrom, KK are making this thing interesting.
C. Holm and Kubalik getting a back to back tonight so they are being given high consideration, imo.
D. Nylander, Bovquist being given top pairing opportunities tonight.
E. I fantasized last night about a Saad-Kampf-Kubalik line, and guess what I woke up to? Kampf-Kuba are mates, might be our third mated pair.

Last edited:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And the summer camp. He looks to me like he is in the running for third best goal scorer on the team to me. Hopefully Kubalik has something to say about that tonight.

Not sure what it means that Beudin has to go back to back like Niilson but it probably means they want him to show them something.

CALLED IT!!

My dudes...Kubalik = play-offs. We found the wing we need and they should offer him a bridge contract tonight.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
CALLED IT!!

My dudes...Kubalik = play-offs. We found the wing we need and they should offer him a bridge contract tonight.

What a fucking shot. The backhand was sweet, the first laser from the dot just hit Howard, the second one they could not slow down enough to see the puck.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Early projected lines for the first home preseason game.

PROJECTED LINES
Nylander - Toews - Kane
Saad - Kampf - Kubalik
D. Sikura - Highmore - Saarela
Hakkarainen - T. Sikura - Hagel

Keith - Boqvist
Maatta - Seabrook
Gilbert - Holm

Crawford
Gravel

Still want hear Mr. Foley with a classic sedin line call with the Sikuras playing together at some point. Preseason is our only chance to hear that.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pre-season Statement Rankings

1. Kubalik-
2 goals. The first was reminiscent of Nylanders yesterday, a quick backhand flip off rebound. .Kubaliks laser
Who needs Panarin when they grow on trees? Good job Stan! 30 goal lock, 40+ goal potential. Game 2 has 4x takeaways of anyone else.
2. Bovquist- 2 points, 1 goal. His goal was nasty and he stole the show as usual. Bovquist Goal (speaks for itself)
3. Kane- 1 point. Kane tends to stand out.
4. Toews- 0 points. Captain Serious was that dominant on the dot. Center depth is fantastic. New mates new tricks?
5. Holm- 2 points, 1 goal. Stan may have out done himself this year. Solid showing. Straight forward goal. 28yo
6. Nylander- 3 points, 1 goal. Showing good skill and high hockey IQ. Low key guy like Bovquist. The difference is he remains low key with the puck, whereas there is that special suddenness and electricity on Bovquists stick. 1 freebee but smart enough to pass to kane. lottery line bonus point.
7. Kampf-1 point. His line didn't disappoint with 4 points total. Saarela-Kampf-Nylander make first statement. Kampf showed up creating turnovers, good passes...
8. Strome- 1 point. Looked good, great assist. Created Holms goal, Shaw's assist.
9. Keith- 1 goal. good finish, went to space hard, Kane great pass.
10. Perlini- 1 point. Good efforts more than once. Nice pass. Gives good shifts. worker. Trade bait.(promised trade?)
11/12.- Maata-Seabrook- Seabs hit 5 people and together they blocked 7 shots. Message received. Walrus Line went old tusk alpha.(5 giveaways rusty) Welcome back Seabs. Upward pressure indeed.
11. Saarela- 1 goal. redirected a Gus shot. Nice sized kid, good net work on that play.
12. Gus- 1 point. It was a good hard shot Saarela helped along. Can't sign him and Cat, Strome, Kubalik, Lehnar
13. Highmore-1 point. freebee. winning and losing face-offs, good showing. Part of a rockford group I think can make some noise and bring Hawks great deals to extend future.
14. Cat- Seemed content to help others, get loose, hit and get hit. Nothing to prove.
15. Lehnar- brilliant. 1 bad play, one weird play. Showed his abilities too.
16. Hagel- 1 goal. unassisted goal scorers goal. good awareness
17. Shaw- 1 point. Freebee, but he also drew a penalty...which from him is a smile.
______________cut here along line______________cut here along line_____________________cut here along line_________________
xx. Sikura-1 point. Bovquist did ALL of the work on this, rebounding a deflected shot(poor shot) and carrying around net. Still...Sikura displays good hockey IQ and shows up in right places.
xx. Delia looked good to me. Delia is learning. He gets it. Consistency needed... make the easy ones easy, reduce rebounds.
xx. Dahlstrom- 1 point. Good teamwork. Freebee point, but put the puck on net.
xx. Beudin- Saw some solid play. Good turnover at blue line. potential. Rockford the next step.
xx. Koekkoek spent too much time in box. Trying too hard? Pressure? we need physical, pre-season line to cross thin.
xx. Lankenen- adjusting to speed of nhl. Threw him in deep end, took in some water, swam a little.
xx. Krys- considering he ran his own goalie and scored an own goal, lets just say his debut could have gone better.

[xx=doghouse]

REAL TIME ROSTER PROJECTION

Nylander-Toews-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Saad-Kampf-Kubalik
Jewels-Carp-Shaw

13. Smith

Keith-Gus
Maata-Seabs
Murphy-Holm

Koekkoek (De Haan-short term IR)

DAILY TRENDS
A. Maata-Seabs- nooooooooo....the dreaded Walrus line makes its debut tonight.(full helping of crow...beasts)
B. Holm, Bovquist, Dahlstrom, KK are making this thing interesting.
C. Holm and Kubalik getting a back to back tonight so they are being given high consideration, imo.
D. Nylander, Bovquist being given top pairing opportunities tonight.
E. I fantasized last night about a Saad-Kampf-Kubalik line, and guess what I woke up to? Kampf-Kuba are mates, might be our third mated pair. Saad and Kubalik could be brothers. (disappointed)

HIGH DANGER OF STAN TINKERING LIST

KK, Dahlstrom, Sikura

Last edited: