Predict the Final Cuts

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You think the Bears are going to consider cutting Davis after signing a multi year deal with three million dollars a season?

I said no.. but Spaeth has 2 years left on his contract too.. You're not going to be afraid to cut guys with 2 years left on the deal if they're not who will keep active or want to use often.

Someones gotta play when McClellin can't

Hence why Davis or Wootton will make the team most likely. You have those guys playing, it's called your starters, the issue is when one of those guys go down and if you have a everyday down End. Hence why you don't keep 2 rookie DEs.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I said no.. but Spaeth has 2 years left on his contract too.. You're not going to be afraid to cut guys with 2 years left on the deal if they're not who will keep active or want to use often.

Hence why Davis or Wootton will make the team most likely. You have those guys playing, it's called your starters, the issue is when one of those guys go down and if you have a everyday down End. Hence why you don't keep 2 rookie DEs.

yes hence Davis lol. in my opinion once again of course!

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:

The Bears just signed him. They want him.

If the deal isn't guaranteed..it doesnt matter.

There is guaranteed money.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Wooten plays a different position...
You miss the point, it doesn't make a difference about the position, it will be about the number of players, period, imo. Here's the DL I see right now, I don't see the Bears keeping more then 9 players on the DL if that:

Idonije, Israel DL 6'6" 275 Manitoba 9 31
McClellin, Shea * DE 6'3" 260 Boise St. R 22
Melton, Henry DL 6'3" 295 Texas 4 25
Paea, Stephen DT 6'1" 300 Oregon St. 2 24
Peppers, Julius DE 6'7" 287 North Carolina 11 32
Toeaina, Matt DT 6'2" 308 Oregon 5 27
Collins, Nate DT 2-Jun 296 Virginia 3 24
Price, Brian DT 1-Jun 303 UCLA 3 23
Ozougwu, Cheta DE 2-Jun 255 Rice 1 23

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Did the Bears cut Spaeth last season?

No, he just signed as a free agent and had a huge role in the offense of Martz as the blocking TE. Then he played every pre-season game so I have no clue why you asked this question.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
No, he just signed as a free agent and had a huge role in the offense of Martz as the blocking TE. Then he played every pre-season game so I have no clue why you asked this question.

You really don't get it?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
You miss the point, it doesn't make a difference about the position, it will be about the number of players, period, imo. Here's the DL I see right now, I don't see the Bears keeping more then 9 players on the DL if that:

I forgot about Cheta. If he beats out Wooten, then Wooten is done.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Then it's because CHETA making the roster they wouldn't keep Wootton. The team will need another DE other than just McCellin, Pep, and Izzy. That's what you didn't make clear at all by your first post.

DL isn't cut and dry about how many guys make it on the D-line.. Others were talking about having just 3 guys week 1 if Price is cut and not replaced by another DT.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You really don't get it?

I have no idea what you are arguing. I said Spaeth might get cut but you don't think it's justified to cut players with multi-year deals apparently.

BearsMod1

Liked Posts:
Spaeth should defiantly be cut, and we should keep one of the 6ft UDFA WR's.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I have no idea what you are arguing. I said Spaeth might get cut but you don't think it's justified to cut players with multi-year deals apparently.

Spaeth was not just signed, and he was signed to play for the Bears when we ran a different scheme. That is nothing like Davis, who was signed this off season to a multi year deal with a fairly big signing bonus and guaranteed money for the current offensive scheme.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Spaeth was not just signed, and he was signed to play for the Bears when we ran a different scheme. That is nothing like Davis, who was signed this off season to a multi year deal with a fairly big signing bonus and guaranteed money for the current offensive scheme.

Yes, What does that have to do with anything I said?

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
Yes, What does that have to do with anything I said?

You responded to my post when I told someone that we are not cutting Davis by saying that we can cut someone who just signed a multi year deal.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
QB: Cutler, Campbell, McCown
RB: Forte, Bush, Booker (Cuts: Allen)
FB: Clutts
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher (Cuts: Davis, Anderson, Crump, Golden)
TE: Davis, Rodriguez, Spaeth (Cuts: Adams, Venson)
OT: Webb, Brown, Carimi, Williams (Cuts: Brandon, Greene)
OG: Spencer, Williams, Garza, Louis (Cuts: Rachal, Henry)

K: Gould
P: Quigley, Podlesh
LS: Mannelly

DE: Idonije, Peppers, McClellin, Melton, Wootton (Cuts: Davis, Ozougwu, Whiteside)
DT: Paea, Toeaina, Price, Collins (Cuts: Miller)
LB: Urlacher, Briggs, Roach, Thomas, Hayes, Costanzo (Cuts: Adibi, Trahan, Williams)
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Wilhite, Moore, Frey (Cuts: McCoy, Brown)
S: Steltz, Conte, Wright, Jones (Walters, LeGree)

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You responded to my post when I told someone that we are not cutting Davis by saying that we can cut someone who just signed a multi year deal.

I said It looks like Spaeth is being cut, not Davis in general response to both posts. Players who signed multi-year contracts can get cut even when it comes down to how they looked in the off-season. I don't see it happening with Davis though.

Allen forced that fumble on the punt return. I'd rather still have him than Booker, we have 3 return guys who would be ahead of him anyway.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
QB: Cutler, Campbell, McCown
RB: Forte, Bush, Booker (Cuts: Allen)
FB: Clutts
WR: Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Hester, Weems, Sanzenbacher (Cuts: Davis, Anderson, Crump, Golden)
TE: Davis, Rodriguez, Spaeth (Cuts: Adams, Venson)
OT: Webb, Brown, Carimi, Williams (Cuts: Brandon, Greene)
OG: Spencer, Williams, Garza, Louis (Cuts: Rachal, Henry)

K: Gould
P: Quigley, Podlesh
LS: Mannelly

DE: Idonije, Peppers, McClellin, Melton, Wootton (Cuts: Davis, Ozougwu, Whiteside)
DT: Paea, Toeaina, Price, Collins (Cuts: Miller)
LB: Urlacher, Briggs, Roach, Thomas, Hayes, Costanzo (Cuts: Adibi, Trahan, Williams)
CB: Tillman, Jennings, Hayden, Wilhite, Moore, Frey (Cuts: McCoy, Brown)
S: Steltz, Conte, Wright, Jones (Walters, LeGree)

But who else makes the roster for week 1 in place of Nate Collins?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
But who else makes the roster for week 1 in place of Nate Collins?

They might just dress someone that normally would be inactive on gameday would be my guess...

I hope Cheta makes the 53 shows some good speed coming off the edge, needs improvement agianst the run. Never can have enough pass-rushers.