Prediction: Gibson will be a tired shell of himself next playoffs

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't like this vision, but I had it.

With Boozer gone, and rookies for front line depth, along with Miro hopefully, I could see Thibs riding Gibson way longer than he is used to as seen in these last playoffs.

I don't like the way we limp into the playoffs every year, I know its beaten to death here but its outrageous. Winning championships required peaking your performance in the playoffs, and the Thibs/Rivers breed prefers fight as hard as you can as long as you can as a team attitude that never wavers. But come on....upper management needs to step in and put minute limits on Noah especially late in the season, as well as Butler, Rose when he returns, and I fear with Gibson next year.

Its really outrageous, I don't know what else to call it, but I can see our guys all losing athleticim, explosion, and getting gimpy knees every May.

In rugby I tried to teach my team about non-contact practices to no avail, and we repeatedly limped into 30 vs 14 or 15 or 16 partially healthy guys(16 is one sub, the max subs is 7, like soccer once you go out your out) and we had no chance. I remember one scrimmage I protested and wouldn't participate in hitting my own teammates and we lost 3 guys for the season. I just don't like hitting my own guys, sacrificing my own body and theirs for the little bit of technique. I always felt you either have that intensity required for violence or you don't, I didn't need to cultivate it in practice and the impact on my body wasn't worth it in practice.

Seeding doesn't matter much in the NBA or 1's would win more often, whats the point of limiiting our peak potential for a few wins here and there when we have a deep bench of capable players? And use the fucking season to develop them? Why is Snell playing more minutes in playoffs, your telling me he wasn't good enough earlier but he is now?

There is a reason why Gibson was the only guy that could still move, jump, and play in these playoffs but I fear that Gibson will just be an empty husk come next playoffs.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He's got to deal with the same fatigue risk as every other player in the NBA. This is not an excuse.

Also, Niko is Mirotic's short name, if you were looking for one. That's what he goes by and is called nearly everywhere.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I like Miro because it rhymes with the Roman Emperor Nero.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I guess I like Miro because it rhymes with the Roman Emperor Nero. Also spelled, 666, the proper interpretation of the antichrist referred to in revelations using Jewish symbolic numerals correlating to their letter system.

Yes.....the antichrist was known to readers of Revelations at the time they were reading it, not this sensationalized fear mongering of today. Any fully educated historian and expert in Greek/Hebrew can explain this.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
This got weird fast. LOL

Yeah, I guess I see that. It's Mee-roh tish though, so Miro would be Mee-roh. And Nero would be Near-Roh

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
http://www.flee.com/chicago/chicago_miro.html

That's likely the only Miro you see in Chicago this year or next.

At this stage I sure wouldn't be trying to predict what the roster will look like next year with anything but a wild guess. And I sure wouldn't be predicting playoff minutes.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.flee.com/chicago/chicago_miro.html

That's likely the only Miro you see in Chicago this year or next.

At this stage I sure wouldn't be trying to predict what the roster will look like next year with anything but a wild guess. And I sure wouldn't be predicting playoff minutes.

that won't be told to us until Niko finishes his playoffs. Maybe a week after or so. I don't know if it helps or hurts if they win the championship?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After returning to the court, the home side went to work on extending their lead once again. Mirotic, who was showing plenty of signs of what was to come during the first half, took over the reins from Llull and went about leading the Whites.

From the most recent game that sent them to the final four of Euroleague. To face Barcelona on May 16th.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't like this vision, but I had it.

With Boozer gone, and rookies for front line depth, along with Miro hopefully, I could see Thibs riding Gibson way longer than he is used to as seen in these last playoffs.

I don't like the way we limp into the playoffs every year, I know its beaten to death here but its outrageous. Winning championships required peaking your performance in the playoffs, and the Thibs/Rivers breed prefers fight as hard as you can as long as you can as a team attitude that never wavers. But come on....upper management needs to step in and put minute limits on Noah especially late in the season, as well as Butler, Rose when he returns, and I fear with Gibson next year.

Its really outrageous, I don't know what else to call it, but I can see our guys all losing athleticim, explosion, and getting gimpy knees every May.

In rugby I tried to teach my team about non-contact practices to no avail, and we repeatedly limped into 30 vs 14 or 15 or 16 partially healthy guys(16 is one sub, the max subs is 7, like soccer once you go out your out) and we had no chance. I remember one scrimmage I protested and wouldn't participate in hitting my own teammates and we lost 3 guys for the season. I just don't like hitting my own guys, sacrificing my own body and theirs for the little bit of technique. I always felt you either have that intensity required for violence or you don't, I didn't need to cultivate it in practice and the impact on my body wasn't worth it in practice.

Seeding doesn't matter much in the NBA or 1's would win more often, whats the point of limiiting our peak potential for a few wins here and there when we have a deep bench of capable players? And use the fucking season to develop them? Why is Snell playing more minutes in playoffs, your telling me he wasn't good enough earlier but he is now?

There is a reason why Gibson was the only guy that could still move, jump, and play in these playoffs but I fear that Gibson will just be an empty husk come next playoffs.

You made some good points. I do blame the Bulls for neglecting to put together a solid bench the last two years. The bench mob a few years ago was deep and good. This was missing the last two years. I think that they greatly missed Asik and company. I know he was paid way too much money but they should have replaced him. The signing of Hinrich was a big mistake also. They never brought in another good three point shooter either which was sorely missed.