Prediction: Poles will prioritize a 2024 1st rd pick in trade

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:
Based on everything Poles has said and done since he’s been here, I predict:

Poles is not too concerned about winning next year. He, George and Flus have an understanding, it’s going to take 4-5 years before this team is ready to compete for a SB.

He is going to prioritize getting a 2024 first rd pick over a 2023 in whatever deal he makes to move back from #1.

He is going to prepare himself for a couple scenarios to avoid fucking this whole thing up.

1) Fields doesnt improve much next season
2) Fields get injured early on and misses most of the season

Both scenarios would require the bears to seriously consider drafting a QB in 2024. And having two 1st rd picks PLUS the fact that next years QB draft classes looks to be stellar, they will be in good shape to get a new QB.

With all the $ he has in free agency (assuming he spends it like you all expect him to) and still likely drafting in the top 15 this year, he’ll have enough to get Fields weapons for next season.

I think Fields will improve and become a top 10 QB in a couple years. But it still makes sense to put yourself in the best position possible to draft a QB in 2024 in case it doesn’t work out with Fields.

And like I said, the bears are already prepared for this rebuild to take a while. No one in that organization is expecting much for at least another year or two.
I agree mostly with your comments, 2 exceptions unless I misread what you said. He will get at least an extra 1st round pick in 2023 and a 1st rounder in 2024 or he won't trade, secondly I think the timeline is more like 2-3 years for the rebuild realistically. I think he wants draft picks next year for Marvin Harrison Jr.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I do think a 2024 pick is wise. It opens up the trade market to many teams well down in the first round because pretty much anyone will have the draft capital if significant future picks are in consideration.

And why not suck for one more season? Even if you finish at 8 or 12 it still helps out more than backing into the playoffs as an 8 or 9 win team and automatically selecting no better than 19th overall.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I do think a 2024 pick is wise. It opens up the trade market to many teams well down in the first round because pretty much anyone will have the draft capital if significant future picks are in consideration.

And why not suck for one more season? Even if you finish at 8 or 12 it still helps out more than backing into the playoffs as an 8 or 9 win team and automatically selecting no better than 19th overall.

No way Jose. Playoffs 2024. Super Bowl 2025-2035

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
4-5 years!?!??! ?

Hit me up in 2028 when things get turned around.

4-5 years! I see a quicker rebound.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Bears need a suitable trade partner....it all comes down to how desperate these teams are. Given where the Bears need to be for their first pick this year.....I see Houston, Indianapolis or Seattle as the only teams needing a QB with picks high enough in 2023. Of those three.....only Indy has shown the desperation needed to give away the house to move up. Their history of Wentz and Ryan proves that.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
4-5 years!?!??! ?

Hit me up in 2028 when things get turned around.

4-5 years! I see a quicker rebound.
Yep. Poles should absolutely have his mind on competing for a playoff spot this coming year. People like to look at the 3-14 record and some abysmal play at times but we've got pieces in place. The secondary hasn't looked this promising since 2018. There's some pieces in place, and we've got the assets to secure some premium talent alongside some more roleplayers as well. I'm expecting this team to be around a .500 team and thus playing meaningful games late into the season (or better if things go really well). After that, you're wanting to see a team that can be in the superbowl discussion.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yep. Poles should absolutely have his mind on competing for a playoff spot this coming year. People like to look at the 3-14 record and some abysmal play at times but we've got pieces in place. The secondary hasn't looked this promising since 2018. There's some pieces in place, and we've got the assets to secure some premium talent alongside some more roleplayers as well. I'm expecting this team to be around a .500 team and thus playing meaningful games late into the season (or better if things go really well). After that, you're wanting to see a team that can be in the superbowl discussion.

Yeah really man. No reason to not aspire to get a wild card next yr. Be the last team to sneak in and get stomped is fine by me.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
4-5 years. You are a shit poster.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we miss the playoffs again next year Poles should be on the hot seat he better not care about the next years draft of he's not around anymore
The bears were literally the worst in the league and worst In team history. And you think he should be on the hot seat if he doesn’t make the playoffs NEXT YEAR??

Unreal how disconnected people are from reality are here.

thedarkstark

Liked Posts:
The average NFL player career is less than 4 years you fucking dunce.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Based on everything Poles has said and done since he’s been here, I predict:

Poles is not too concerned about winning next year. He, George and Flus have an understanding, it’s going to take 4-5 years before this team is ready to compete for a SB.

He is going to prioritize getting a 2024 first rd pick over a 2023 in whatever deal he makes to move back from #1.

He is going to prepare himself for a couple scenarios to avoid fucking this whole thing up.

1) Fields doesnt improve much next season
2) Fields get injured early on and misses most of the season

Both scenarios would require the bears to seriously consider drafting a QB in 2024. And having two 1st rd picks PLUS the fact that next years QB draft classes looks to be stellar, they will be in good shape to get a new QB.

With all the $ he has in free agency (assuming he spends it like you all expect him to) and still likely drafting in the top 15 this year, he’ll have enough to get Fields weapons for next season.

I think Fields will improve and become a top 10 QB in a couple years. But it still makes sense to put yourself in the best position possible to draft a QB in 2024 in case it doesn’t work out with Fields.

And like I said, the bears are already prepared for this rebuild to take a while. No one in that organization is expecting much for at least another year or two.
It should not take 4-5 seasons. That's ridiculous.

The Bears can compete for a wild card next year

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he could get a first this year and next year.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It should not take 4-5 seasons. That's ridiculous.

The Bears can compete for a wild card next year
I would love for the bears to compete for a playoff spot every year just like you. And is it possible? Technically yes, but based upon everything poles has said and done, competing for a playoff spot next year does not seem like a priority.

This will become more apparent to you guys when the first wave of free agency goes by and Poles only signed one or two of the top 15 guys.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I agree mostly with your comments, 2 exceptions unless I misread what you said. He will get at least an extra 1st round pick in 2023 and a 1st rounder in 2024 or he won't trade, secondly I think the timeline is more like 2-3 years for the rebuild realistically. I think he wants draft picks next year for Marvin Harrison Jr.
If Poles does any such thing, he is stupid. He needs to make his mark next season with giving Fields and company a good tool set to work with. Not any half measures as in hedging his bets. He needs 8-9 good to great starters out of the next draft and free agency. Fill in what remains later.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Indy is desperate. Manning to Luck to...nothing. If HOU doesn't move up one to secure THEIR guy (I think Young) I'm pretty sure INDY will. I would be shocked if they both wanted to stay put, though they may see it going:

1. Bears ANDERSON
2. HOU Young
3. ARI Carter
4. INDY Stroud

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
If we miss the playoffs again next year Poles should be on the hot seat he better not care about the next years draft of he's not around anymore
We aren't making the playoffs next year.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If Poles does any such thing, he is stupid. He needs to make his mark next season with giving Fields and company a good tool set to work with. Not any half measures as in hedging his bets. He needs 8-9 good to great starters out of the next draft and free agency. Fill in what remains later.
So what exactly do you disagree with? You don't think its a good idea to get future picks?

Bears27

Liked Posts:
It's a pretty decent strategy. Would allow them to take another look at Fields ( preferably with better weapons ) while still keeping the option open to trade him and take one the top QBs in 2024: Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.

They were having a discussion about exactly this on the Rich Eisen show: