• First team reps

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Dumpsters of the world unite to form the worlds largest fire

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Wrong Houston. But I have friends there, checked in OK, they must be on higher ground.

Right Houston. 2 tornados have hit there already. My parents live in Houston and although they didn't hit where they live, they did hit in Houston. In Katy too. I'm following Houston news because of my parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Right Houston. 2 tornados have hit there already. My parents live in Houston and although they didn't hit where they live, they did hit in Houston. In Katy too. I'm following Houston news because of my parents.

The Houston that stripped the ball not the reclaimed swamp land. I know that Houston is under water and everything else that goes with hurricanes.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Glennon was a good game manager today. Weren't there a lot of people wanting a game manager to go with our world class defense?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We disagree on that. He's made more significant free agent signings then bad ones and i'm not talking about guys like Ducasse and Ball which is hilarious that you put their names on your list. Those guys were nothing signings to fill spots on a rebuilding team.

See, that is a fundamental difference in view right there. Any player that my GM signs and bills to me as being a starter is going to be judged as a starter.

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
See, that is a fundamental difference in view right there. Any player that my GM signs and bills to me as being a starter is going to be judged as a starter.

Why do you care about Ducasse and Ball? There's different tiers of free agency just as the expectations are different depending on where a guy is drafted. His FA record is mediocre for sure but GTFO with Ducasse and Ball.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why do you care about Ducasse and Ball? There's different tiers of free agency just as the expectations are different depending on where a guy is drafted. His FA record is mediocre for sure but GTFO with Ducasse and Ball.

You realize my answer to your question is literally in the post you quoted...ffs

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Were they billed as starters? (by Pace, not the media or fans)

Alan Ball was the starting corner and lost his job to Tracy Porter by the 4th game of the season. Vladamir Ducasse was also a starting guard for 11 games I think. Both players were signed as starters. Again, if you sign a player to be your starter I am going to judge them as starters. How people can't understand this is beyond me. Everyone on that list was a shit signing and I am certain that list was incomplete as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alan Ball was the starting corner and lost his job to Tracy Porter by the 4th game of the season. Vladamir Ducasse was also a starting guard for 11 games I think. Both players were signed as starters. Again, if you sign a player to be your starter I am going to judge them as starters. How people can't understand this is beyond me. Everyone on that list was a shit signing and I am certain that list was incomplete as well.

I didn't see your list. But both of these were one year signings. I get what you're saying to an extent..... but come on. There are "starters" and then there are starters.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Pace didn't even have all his people in place year one on the college or pro side. McDonald was on Fangio 100%.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I didn't see your list. But both of these were one year signings. I get what you're saying to an extent..... but come on. There are "starters" and then there are starters.

The point I am simply making is that if you're going to laud the good then you sure as shit have to roast the bad. Pace has his blemishes and has mostly acquitted himself well lately. He particularly has been better at drafting since that giant swing and a miss on Kevin White. He could stand to do better in free agency, regardless of if the starter he is bringing in is a stop gap or an impact starter. He certainly can stand to do better in player retention as I don't like how easily he lets players go even when they have proven their value.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The point I am simply making is that if you're going to laud the good then you sure as shit have to roast the bad. Pace has his blemishes and has mostly acquitted himself well lately. He particularly has been better at drafting since that giant swing and a miss on Kevin White. He could stand to do better in free agency, regardless of if the starter he is bringing in is a stop gap or an impact starter. He certainly can stand to do better in player retention as I don't like how easily he lets players go even when they have proven their value.

Who's not roasting the bad as you say? Pace had made plenty of mistakes. Although I chalk White up to injury and label him an "incomplete" in my book at this point.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who's not roasting the bad as you say? Pace had made plenty of mistakes. Although I chalk White up to injury and label him an "incomplete" in my book at this point.

This is virtually comical at this point. No offense to you of course bud. You've walked into a conversation that was walked into by DB70 before you and it all started because this was said:

How much do you guys think it's killing Omelet that it's looking like Pace is putting together a solid team?

I almost miss his "Ryan Pace is a fucking idiot" posts. Almost.

To which I replied:

Make no mistake. Pace made many a fucktarded moves before he had any semblance of redemption.

Then this all devolved into a DB70 knows better shitfest while putting words in my mouth and making captain obvious statements about GMs.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He does not stare his receivers down. And he will go through 3+ reads.

Some small little rookie mistakes, but in the areas that separate good QBs from great ones-Mitchell is strong in.

He's going to be very good.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I gotta admit, I was very impressed in this game. I was impressed by both Glennon and Trubisky in the game. I loved the running game and the over-all blocking by the offensive line. Whitehair might be one of the best technical blockers the Bears have ever had BTW.

As for the quarterbacking. Glennon showed that if he can get solid protection, that he can be a productive quarterback. Trubisky showed to me a huge GIFT in his seeing the field, plain and simple. I focus on the quarterbacks head and eyes and he has an excellent gift of scanning the field and understanding where his receivers are. He also has very nice footwork and can run when all of his other options aren't there.

So, right now, as I see it, the Bear's are in a pretty good spot quarterback wise. We will see what happens down the road against a very tough regular season schedule. They are also in a very good spot running back wise. Receiver-wise? Not as good including tight ends.

As for the defense. Love the front seven and the depth of it. Hicks and Goldman are beasts and Young looked awesome. Freeman is a great Lb and when Jones hits, the guy he hits bones hurt afterward. Secondary is still questionable and they still need to get more turnovers. but over-all, you can't be disappointed with 7 points against a pretty good Tennessee team.

Also got to give it out to the special teams. Their coverage was awesome in that game.

All in all, for a Bear's skeptic, it was a good game to watch.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He does not stare his receivers down. And he will go through 3+ reads.

Some small little rookie mistakes, but in the areas that separate good QBs from great ones-Mitchell is strong in.

He's going to be very good.

The way he shuffles in the pocket and scans the field gets blood rushing away from my brain.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even in a good performance, Glennon looked bad. He has happy feet, a terrible throwing motion. Looks like a poor mans Jared Goff (who I always thought was dookie).

Where Mitchell moves around the pocket like Aaron Rodgers, and has great feet, Glennon looks like he is trying to stomp grapes in 2 different barrels.