Preseason Thread

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
has the second round of cuts been anounced yet? Surprised they are carrying so many players when the CHL seasons have started.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
I'll check the video when I get home, but I hear Beach had a good game by everyone not on Twitter.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
fucking idiot announcers</p>

</p>

"look how low Beach went on him"</p>

</p>

It was a clean fucking hip check. Let's just ban hitting, but allow fighting with sticks in your hand.</p>

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209512" data-time="1379804858">

fucking idiot announcers

"look how low Beach went on him"

It was a clean fucking hip check. Let's just ban hitting, but allow fighting with sticks in your hand.</p></blockquote>

Yup. A well executed hip check that took the player out of the play in a non-dangerous way, and still keep you in position. Dude had no justification to drop 'em.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="R K" data-cid="209514" data-time="1379811921">
<div>

Hawks should have had a 2m PP after that.  No question.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Yep. What about the instigator rule they call against the Hawks EVERY TIME it happens?</p>

R K

Well the instigator is for others jumping in isnt it?  But yea, he should have gotten a roughing for sure.</p>

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JOVE23" data-cid="209537" data-time="1379902624">
<div>

decent showing today, I think</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Yup...the kids are scrappy. In the preseason, I mainly look for effort and ballsiness (sic).</p>

</p>

I'm only saddened that Bollig (the offensive juggernaut) couldn't light the lamp again. :music-guitarred:</p>

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Honestly, Beach didn't really impress me.  Nice check, that's about it.</p>

</p>

Bollig, Morin, Smith, Leblanc, and Terivanen (sp?) have.  I think we'll see all of them up sometime this year.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="LordKOTL" data-cid="209564" data-time="1379955233">
<div>

Honestly, Beach didn't really impress me.  Nice check, that's about it.</p>

</p>

Bollig, Morin, Smith, Leblanc, and Terivanen (sp?) have.  I think we'll see all of them up sometime this year.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Leblanc hasn't impressed me one bit, He looked out of place at the two rookie camp games I was at, and those were against kids for the most part.</p>

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Operation Raindrop</p>

</p>

Pretty funny.   Bollig parody of Kane's stick handling video.</p>

Forklift

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rex" data-cid="209566" data-time="1379956985">
<div>

Leblanc hasn't impressed me one bit, He looked out of place at the two rookie camp games I was at, and those were against kids for the most part.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I think LeBlanc has some good upside - provided you hope for nothing more than a third or fourth line center, but he absolutely needs a year in Rockford to get up to the speed of the professional game. He's been lagging behind on everything.</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Forklift" data-cid="209572" data-time="1379957992">
<div>

I think LeBlanc has some good upside - provided you hope for nothing more than a third or fourth line center, but he absolutely needs a year in Rockford to get up to the speed of the professional game. He's been lagging behind on everything.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

at least a year in Rockford. as far as I'm concerned, his NCAA career means nothing in the NHL</p>

R K

Great game tonight by the Ice Hogs.  Hawks had just 4 starters in there against almost a full Pens line up.</p>

</p>

One more to go and the Show begins!</p>

</p>

BANNER!!</p>

R K

NO excuse for the Ice Hogs not to just TEAR up the AHL this year.  The depth is crazy from D out to forward.</p>