Pride Check -- Yes, I'm Calling You Out

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
I'm really starting to wonder if this is even worth it, but seeing as how I give the benefit of the doubt most of the time I'll give this one more try. And yes, there is a too long; didn't read portion at the bottom.

All of this complaining quite frankly is getting on my nerves. I'm calling out those of you who make it a point, every single game that is, to come on here and cry about the team underachieving. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being disappointed, sad, hell even pissed off. But when you incessantly bitch about how bad the team game in and game out is I've got two words for you: Don't. Watch. I guaran-damn-tee you WGN, CSN, WCIU, Fox, & ESPN aren't going to have a panic attack when they lose one less viewer.

It's that simple. You talk about how much the team underachieves and you hate seeing it? Easy, don't watch. You talk about how predictable the games are and you're sick of seeing the same thing happen over and over? Well since you already know the outcome, don't watch.

See here's the thing. Where I'm from, pride isn't about constantly highlighting the things I can't do. Pride is about not only what I can do, but why I can do it. It's easy to have a "we suck" attitude about the Cubs since they've sucked for so long. But on the South Side we don't take the "we suck" attitude and call it our own. We take that, flip it, switch things up, and then make you suck.

It's very easy to nit-pick your ass off and call yourself a "fan". But the bottom line is, if you were truly a fan you wouldn't take it this far. The fact that I'm even writing this sickens me.

But this right here is what separates the spectators from the fans. I'm not putting up with the bullshit anymore. All this "I'll stop being pessimistic when we win" stuff isn't gonna fly...

TL;DR

• Stop crying
  • If you must cry, do it in silence
  • If you hate watching us lose, don't watch
  • Learn what pride is
  • Apply what you've learned
/rant

God...

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Call me out if you want, but the Sox deserve the scorning and criticism they deserve.

If they didn't play like shit, then we wouldn't call them shitty. Look at my post history on here. Me, Dews and October have called them shitty all year, not because we're "crying", its because the team is fucking shitty.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Love this team, have since I can remember. '05 was great and '08 was too. But now as we are in 3rd as fans we gotta suck it up, support the team and hope they get to 1st place!

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm really starting to wonder if this is even worth it, but seeing as how I give the benefit of the doubt most of the time I'll give this one more try. And yes, there is a too long; didn't read portion at the bottom.

All of this complaining quite frankly is getting on my nerves. I'm calling out those of you who make it a point, every single game that is, to come on here and cry about the team underachieving. Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being disappointed, sad, hell even pissed off. But when you incessantly bitch about how bad the team game in and game out is I've got two words for you: Don't. Watch. I guaran-damn-tee you WGN, CSN, WCIU, Fox, & ESPN aren't going to have a panic attack when they lose one less viewer.

It's that simple. You talk about how much the team underachieves and you hate seeing it? Easy, don't watch. You talk about how predictable the games are and you're sick of seeing the same thing happen over and over? Well since you already know the outcome, don't watch.

See here's the thing. Where I'm from, pride isn't about constantly highlighting the things I can't do. Pride is about not only what I can do, but why I can do it. It's easy to have a "we suck" attitude about the Cubs since they've sucked for so long. But on the South Side we don't take the "we suck" attitude and call it our own. We take that, flip it, switch things up, and then make you suck.

It's very easy to nit-pick your ass off and call yourself a "fan". But the bottom line is, if you were truly a fan you wouldn't take it this far. The fact that I'm even writing this sickens me.

But this right here is what separates the spectators from the fans. I'm not putting up with the bullshit anymore. All this "I'll stop being pessimistic when we win" stuff isn't gonna fly...

TL;DR

• Stop crying
  • Learn what pride is
/rant

God...

2hydiip.jpg

This aint the North side bro, Im not gonna sugar coat how i fell about my team.

october23sp

North Dakota Sox Fan
Liked Posts:
Call me out if you want, but the Sox deserve the scorning and criticism they deserve.

If they didn't play like shit, then we wouldn't call them shitty. Look at my post history on here. Me, Dews and October have called them shitty all year, not because we're "crying", its because the team is fucking shitty.

major-league-theyre-shitty_medium.jpg

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Me being a Sox fan, I think they should get bashed. They said they are "all-in" and this was the team they are risking it all on. Most of this team isn't living up to their potential.

Something needs to be done, because half of this team is Ozzie ball, and the other half is Kenny ball, the 2 just aren't mixing well.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Don't get me wrong, I like the kid's moxie and all, but he should let people express their feelings in their own way.

To each his own I guess.

Last edited:

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
It's a part of Chicago fandom. Comes with the territory

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Worst OP post of all time.

This team is full of potential but delivers fail.

STFU.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
he can post whatever he likes, idgaf, hes just gonna get called out for it.

Bigfoots Shoe

Liked Posts:

TL;DR

• Stop crying
  • Learn what pride is
/rant

God...

Could this then be equated to politics in that "Don't like the government, don't vote"?

Also Ive given this team money in the sense of ticket sales, merchandise and promoting the brand with said merchandise. If a team is gonna play like shit, they're gonna get called out on said shit.

Skills

Mr. South Side
Liked Posts:
:clap: Bravo, seriously, bravo. I love how I specifically said NOT to get me wrong and the majority of you do. What, skimming is hard enough so actually reading was too much of a challenge? Or was it the fact that I struck a nerve saying I was calling you out and you felt before you thought again?

Whatever the case is, it's not like I care. But most of you need to calm down. I didn't use names but I was very specific in who I was talking about. If you're some random sox fan in here who is nothing like I described then why do you feel the need to defend yourself?

lol I say there's nothing wrong with bashing the team, just doing it all the time makes you look pathetic and all these feelings are caught. But alas, the thread served its purpose. Shock value got it some views and most of you got my point, although it wasn't directed at you anyway haha.

And to those of you who still feel the need to bitch regardless I found a remedy. No, I'm not taking the dewey route and leaving. I'll just add you to the ignore list (God I love that feature) so I can be blissfully unaware of your pitiful posts.

Oh and to the dude who said worst OP of all time...you honestly believe I care what you think don't you? lol...

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:clap: Bravo, seriously, bravo. I love how I specifically said NOT to get me wrong and the majority of you do. What, skimming is hard enough so actually reading was too much of a challenge? Or was it the fact that I struck a nerve saying I was calling you out and you felt before you thought again?

Whatever the case is, it's not like I care. But most of you need to calm down. I didn't use names but I was very specific in who I was talking about. If you're some random sox fan in here who is nothing like I described then why do you feel the need to defend yourself?

lol I say there's nothing wrong with bashing the team, just doing it all the time makes you look pathetic and all these feelings are caught. But alas, the thread served its purpose. Shock value got it some views and most of you got my point, although it wasn't directed at you anyway haha.

And to those of you who still feel the need to bitch regardless I found a remedy. No, I'm not taking the dewey route and leaving. I'll just add you to the ignore list (God I love that feature) so I can be blissfully unaware of your pitiful posts.

Oh and to the dude who said worst OP of all time...you honestly believe I care what you think don't you? lol...

Take your holier then thou attitude and shove it up your ass.

Please, put me on your ignore list and continue to whine about Sox fans.