Prospect News and Rumors

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
La Confora

Sheldon Rankins is going to end up going in the top 10. Maybe even as high as 4th overall to Dallas

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
La Confora

Sheldon Rankins is going to end up going in the top 10. Maybe even as high as 4th overall to Dallas
Ok so we talk about Floyd. Buzz increases on him, probable top 10 selection. We talk about Rankins today and now he's going top 10.

Who else do we want to move out of the way? Lawson? Conklin?

Obvious our chatter is making it to league circles and they're listening to us. #tinfoilhat

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I think there will be a surprise or two in the top 10, but all these rumors about Lawson, Conklin, Rankins, possible WR sound like flavor of the day talk.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Death by Schenkerian analysis?

I was thinking set theory, but I suppose a flood of graphs could be just as effective as baffling the populous with numbers?

Interestingly enough, there are several major institutions (a few in the Big 10 that I won't name) that are openly hostile towards Schenker; they teach classes on his work, basically, to say "don't buy this bullshit." I doubt you've ever seen an angrier academic than when you bring Schenker up in a discussion with a traditional analyst...the term "reductionist" tends to get thrown around a lot.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Jeff Hughes from DaBears Blog:

One of those guys (friend from an NFL team) just emailed me this:

"We don't believe Bears content to start Leno at LT. And we think tackle is best position early."

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Stanley or Tunsil would be awesome but we'd have to trade up to get them. Conklin likely will be there, but I'm not sure he's an LT.

Maybe Decker at 11?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stanley or Tunsil would be awesome but we'd have to trade up to get them. Conklin likely will be there, but I'm not sure he's an LT.

Maybe Decker at 11?

Conklin would be awesome. Haven't watched Decker.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Conklin would be awesome. Haven't watched Decker.
Conklin is a Fox guy. Nasty, tough as nails. Loved his game vs Buckner and did pretty well against Bosa.

Just questioning if he's more of an RT. Need to watch more of him. Decker as well.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Conklin is a Fox guy. Nasty, tough as nails. Loved his game vs Buckner and did pretty well against Bosa.

Just questioning if he's more of an RT. Need to watch more of him. Decker as well.

I think for Fox he can play LT. Now Mike Martz?? Maybe not!

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I think for Fox he can play LT. Now Mike Martz?? Maybe not!
I think the finesse requirement at LT is a stereotype. 'Dancing bear' is great, but be athletic and quick enough to handle speed and be good enough in space.

Conklin gets pegged as a mauler because he's nasty, but he tested better than most thought he would.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Love the player so I'll trust Pace if he thinks he can play on the left side.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports the 49ers "desperately covet" Oregon DE DeForest Buckner. #NFL

Would kill the Bears dream.