Prospect News and Rumors

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Those types of draft leaks always get my guard up. If Goff was such a raging, throbbing douchebag that his Browns interview went as badly as reported, every area scout for all 32 teams would have known about it well beforehand (ala Cade McNown). It wouldn't be news to anyone, and so there would be no point in leaking it out. Goff came off as a perfectly normal guy during his media session at the Combine, so if that was just his agent coaching him up, why did he forget all that as soon as he walked into the interview room? It just doesn't make sense.

No it doesn't make sense. But I'd like to hear of another example where a player had a bad interview or left a bad taste in some one's opinion. I'm trying to remember a similar example or report about a kid. It just seems odd that this is what we hear about.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I know his upside might not be as great as Ramsey, Jack, Buckner, etc, but I love Bosa. It's crazy how many double teams he saw and how offenses schemed away from him, which definitely impacted his stats and production last year.

Dude is gonna be a really good player in the NFL for a long time.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Talk is now that Ragland looked heavier at his Pro Day than he did at the combine and that he also backed off running the 40 after he was expected to do so. Talk is Ragland may have some weight fluctuation issues that have scouts taking notice.

Matt Miller tweet had him looking really sluggish during agility drills. Ragland's stock is falling out of the top-15 or out of the Bears' range.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Talk is now that Ragland looked heavier at his Pro Day than he did at the combine and that he also backed off running the 40 after he was expected to do so. Talk is Ragland may have some weight fluctuation issues that have scouts taking notice.

Matt Miller tweet had him looking really sluggish during agility drills. Ragland's stock is falling out of the top-15 or out of the Bears' range.

I haven't gotten around to looking at Ragland. What do you think of Rankins?

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Following the Alabama pro day, I was told by an AFC East general manager that defensive lineman*A'Shawn Robinson*is viewed by his team as a two-down player, and not someone they'd draft in the first round. Robinson has been out of the first round in my last two mock drafts.

Per Matt Miller - BleacherReport

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I haven't gotten around to looking at Ragland. What do you think of Rankins?

Good player not sure if he's a 5-technique type of player at 6-1 299. He was the talk of the Senior Bowl probably a 3-technique only. Decent combine workout.

I've been so focused on guys who fit the Bears' needs I haven't fully evaluated Rankins like Buckner Robinson etc.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Don't be coy Biff, you haven't even fully evaluated lunch at this point...

And who the fuck is Buckner Robinson?

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
Following the Alabama pro day, I was told by an AFC East general manager that defensive lineman*A'Shawn Robinson*is viewed by his team as a two-down player, and not someone they'd draft in the first round. Robinson has been out of the first round in my last two mock drafts.

Per Matt Miller - BleacherReport

I'll take him in the 2nd in a heart beat. I remember another certain 20 year old prospect last year that fell to the 2nd because he was viewed as only a 2 down player.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Sheldon Rankins - DL - Cardinals

One NFL scout told the MMQB's Robert Klemko that Louisville DT Sheldon Rankins is "a 300-pounder with ballerina moves."

Klemko notes Rankins could pass Alabama's A'Shawn Robinson as the top interior defensive lineman on the board. We feel it would be a crime for Robinson to be ranked ahead of Rankins, although they do play the position differently and would fill different roles. Josh Norris has ranked Rankins as a top 10 prospect for some time and believes he can win in the exact same ways as Kawann Short. Interior disruption is king, and Rankins offers it on a consistent basis.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Vernon Adams - QB - Ducks

NFL Media's Gil Brandt believes Oregon QB Vernon Adams is a "CFL-level player."

Brandt is the godfather of the NFL Draft process, but this appears to be a traditional line of thinking almost purely based on Adams' size (5'11/207 lbs). Here is the quote: "Adams throws the ball really well; he can really spin it. However, he's on the shorter side for a quarterback. So, he's probably a CFL-level player." Last year, Adams played poorly when Oregon was in the national spotlight while dealing with a finger injury. However, once healed and out of championship contention, Adams returned and played at a very high level. he was the best quarterback during East West Shrine week. Evaluators will debate if Adams can win inside of structure like he can outside of it. We think he has displayed enough ability to warrant a late round selection.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Joey Bosa - DL - Buckeyes

The Chargers had dinner with Ohio State edge rusher Joey Bosa on Thursday night prior to the school's pro day on Friday, according to Tony Pauline.

The Chargers sit at No. 3 and there is a strong chance Bosa will still be on the board. The edge rusher was once considered the top prospect by many, but as the process has gone along more questions about his ceiling and impact on a snap to snap basis have sprouted. We love his awareness as an edge defender, both rushing the passer and against the run at the line of scrimmage. He understands who he is and how he wins, which can be difficult to find.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll take him in the 2nd in a heart beat. I remember another certain 20 year old prospect last year that fell to the 2nd because he was viewed as only a 2 down player.

I wouldn't mind him there either, but who is this player from last year you speak of??

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jared Goff has a bad interview with the Browns
Cal QB Jared Goff's NFL Combine interview with the Browns was "bad," according to Charles Robinson of Yahoo Sports.
Hue Jackson has since denied the statement, but Robinson stands behind what he heard and noted that Goff and the Browns will talk at least two more times during the process (likely at his pro day and an in-house visit, is our guess). ESPN's Josina Anderson backs up what Robinson claims by adding "I don’t know if (Goff) fully understands how he’s coming off to grown men. It’s been discussed. Off putting." This process is a long one and we will hear some teams like or dislike specific prospects. However, the Browns are currently in desperate need of a quarterback, and many feel Goff is worthy of a top 10 selection. We do not.
Source: Charles Davis and RotoWorld

Maybe he purposely did it just for the Browns interview cause he doesn't want them to draft him.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Maybe he purposely did it just for the Browns interview cause he doesn't want them to draft him.

The Bears' history isn't much better than the Browns' history of late so if he said that to Cleveland what would he say to Chicago? The Bears have made three playoff appearances in the last 15 years, Cleveland has made one. There is nothing the Bears can hang their hats on over Cleveland.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eddie Goldman fell to the 2nd for those exact reasons.
Oh I wasnt thinking of him I didnt remember that being a knock on him but your right it was a question

BearDovvn

Liked Posts:

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Out of all the names I've heard linked to the Bears at 11, Ragland is my least favorite.