Prospect News and Rumors

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Kizer or Mahomes at 3 for me. I meh on Watson and hell no on Trubisky.

If it's defense, gotta be a DL/EDGE. Thomas, Allen, McDowell, Barnett, etc.

Absolutely no way I'd take a Safety that high. And a CB is a stretch too.

I think Pace goes QB. We need to get our guy and he's in a perfect position to do it. Next year's class is insanely talented but he can't afford to wait another year.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Pace goes QB. We need to get our guy and he's in a perfect position to do it. Next year's class is insanely talented but he can't afford to wait another year.

You'd take mahomes @3 , but not Adams??? OK...

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
CB Tez Tabor from Florida ran 4.75 in his Pro Day 40 after running 4.68 at the combine.

That's unfortunate. On tape, he's a top 3 CB in this draft. He's the Malik Hooker of CB's with his ball skills.

[video=youtube_share;oKvkJhS9wEo]https://youtu.be/oKvkJhS9wEo[/video]

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
You'd take mahomes @3 , but not Adams??? OK...
Yup. Positional value. And Mahomes has a huge ceiling.

Safety is the least valuable defensive position. Ain't no way I'm picking one that high, especially in this deep of a DB class.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Deshaun Watson - QB - Tigers

In his second set of positional rankings during the evaluating process, NFL Media's Bucky Brooks tagged Clemson QB Deshaun Watson as the No. 1 quarterback in this class.

DeShone Kizer stood atop Brooks' first rankings release, but ceded top-shelf billing to Watson this time around. Those two gunslingers are followed up (in order) by UNC's Mitchell Trubisky, Texas Tech's Pat Mahomes and Cal's Davis Webb. No surprises, there. These five are viewed universally as the five best quarterbacking prospects in this class, with the order varying depending on which outlet and analyst is your cup of tea. While it is unlikely that all five are drafted in the first round, such a circumstance is not impossible. Watson, Kizer and Trubisky are strong bets for Day 1 selections and both Mahomes and Webb have enough developmental intrigue about them that they could see love in the final ten picks of the first round. Stay tuned. Less than a month to go, friends.

Source: NFL.com
Bucky Brooks is so bad (in general). Never understood how or why professional evaluators change their rankings this late in the process.

And if a Pro Day/Combine causes you to do that, you're doing your job wrong.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
There is no positional value taking a Safety at 3. In fact, the last DB to go top 3 was Shawn Springs back in like 1997.

I'd rather take a chance on a QB that high than draft arguably the least valuable position in the game apart from special teams.

I even struggle justifying a CB that high and as good as Lattimore is, I'd hard pass on him too that high.

Liked Posts:
There is no positional value taking a Safety at 3. In fact, the last DB to go top 3 was Shawn Springs back in like 1997.

I'd rather take a chance on a QB that high than draft arguably the least valuable position in the game apart from special teams.

I even struggle justifying a CB that high and as good as Lattimore is, I'd hard pass on him too that high.

If that position of value can produce the next Brian Dawkins or Ed Reed, there is no reason not to take a leader of the defense at #3. That would give the Bears more value than Mahomes and by far. And yes Pace can wait until next season to draft a QB if needed, especially with that class. I think he will grab a QB this year, maybe not one of the top 3.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yup. Positional value. And Mahomes has a huge ceiling.

Safety is the least valuable defensive position. Ain't no way I'm picking one that high, especially in this deep of a DB class.

To each his own. Mahomes is not worthy of #3 overall.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:

Personally I'd be disappointed if they took Mahomes at 3 over any of those three. If all of those qbs are there at 3, we might actually have soneone that wants to trade for the pick. That would be ideal. Either way we are going to get a great player at 3 I just don't see it being Mahomes. Why is it a hell no on Trubisky?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Personally I'd be disappointed if they took Mahomes at 3 over any of those three. If all of those qbs are there at 3, we might actually have soneone that wants to trade for the pick. That would be ideal. Either way we are going to get a great player at 3 I just don't see it being Mahomes. Why is it a hell no on Trubisky?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Don't like Trubisky at all. By far my least favorite of the big 4. Inexperience, Fedora's system, lack of physical tools.

As for Mahomes, I'm of the belief that if you like a QB, you take him anywhere. My QB board is:

1) Kizer
2) Mahomes
3) Watson
4) Trubisky

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
Matt Barrows ✔ @mattbarrows
Lots of talk/rumor about Carolina (picking at No. 8) trying to obtain #49ers' No. 2 pick. Told there's nothing currently in the works.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Lots of talk/rumor about Carolina (picking at No. 8) trying to obtain #49ers' No. 2 pick. Told there's nothing currently in the works.

Weird. I don't see a prospect in this draft worth moving up for outside of Garrett...so unless they think the Browns are going QB at 1 I'm curious as to who they want.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I think teams that feel they are close might put a lot of value in Fournette. Carolina is a talented team, and adding Fournette would make that offense much more formidable, especially with the amount of read option they can run.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Weird. I don't see a prospect in this draft worth moving up for outside of Garrett...so unless they think the Browns are going QB at 1 I'm curious as to who they want.

Solomon Thomas?

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:

Word is Fournette.

Ron Rivera on Leonard Fournette: 'no spot too high to take a RB'

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I think teams that feel they are close might put a lot of value in Fournette. Carolina is a talented team, and adding Fournette would make that offense much more formidable, especially with the amount of read option they can run.

But if they wanted Fournette, wouldn't they rather trade with the Bears? They'd need less compensation and they'd know that, A. We don't need a RB and B. Pace is probably willing to trade. Seems like if they want to trade to #2 then they're trying to scoop one of our targets.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think Bears would be their ceiling, give up less than #2+pace has said open to trade down. I think they look at Thomas/Allen. In hindsight, they would want #2 if they feel bears going that route. If there is anything to "rumors"

mcbear34

Here for the Wins
Liked Posts:
But if they wanted Fournette, wouldn't they rather trade with the Bears? They'd need less compensation and they'd know that, A. We don't need a RB and B. Pace is probably willing to trade. Seems like if they want to trade to #2 then they're trying to scoop one of our targets.

I agree, Gettleman is probably sniffing both buttholes

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Fournette, I would guess. He's a generational RB who would take the beating away from Cam.