PSA...It's Not a Coincidence..

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is much more to grading OLine than if the QB was sacked. Otherwise the RT wouldn't have a much higher grade than the LT who statistically was charged with far less sacks allowed.

As for sack rate, QB1 definitely has below average pocket awareness so he absolutely needs his OLine to be better than average pass blockers at this point in his development and what the Bears have compared to what Detroit and Green Bay have isn't good enough.

What grade are you referring to?

UChiLAbear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. UCLA Bruins
The lists are sorted by AV (approximate value) this is PFR's stat that is comparable to WAR in baseball or Player Efficiency Rating in basketball. It's a very accurate estimate of a players individual performance and accumulated statistics.

Basically for offensive linemen a 7-8 is about average, 9-10 is good, 11+ is usually probowl to all pro level etcetera.

What you will find is that a good team usually ends up with several 7-10 ranked players or a couple +10 rated linemen.

This points out how the 85 Bears had Hall of Fame level linemen that consistently had double digit ranking in approximate value, just as almost every successful team and championship QB also has above average quality olinemen

Meanwhile the recent Bears have had a bunch of 3's, 5's and 6's with one or two 8's at best. I highlighted the linemen so you can see where they ranked overall on the teams as well.
Thanks for the explanation. It helped me to understand the numbers.