QB feeding frenzy with trades Mock Draft

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
This mock draft is based on Todd McShay’s newest mock draft that came out and should have been an April fool and shows Washington grabbing Mond in the 2nd. More and more, especially within the context of San Fran jumping to number 3, I’m thinking it’s going to be a feeding frenzy of QBs in this draft with them going at least a round or two too high.

I’m putting trades in. I’m trying to really mimic the Pace method of hopping around.

First off, we Trade our 20 and a sixth for Jax’s 25th and their first second and they grab Teven Jenkins. Jacob Infante cries. Urban Meyer raises his glass and middle finger to everyone as they were drafting Tackles and QBs and he takes arguably the best off of the board. They have the luxury of taking the best QB and the best T off the board. Bears fans boo. Why Pace? Why? He slams their tears like tequila at closing time, and they’re just as inebriating. Fleeced! He then drafts a WR.

1617393160713.png

25.) Elijah Moore WR, Ole Miss

Right before this pick, a whole crew of Bears fans, who have never seen him play or watch his tape, begin demanding to the football gods that Trask be taken. They will cry out in suffering, soon, because Minnesota pulls a Green Bay and jumps back into the 1st with a trade with Tampa Bay to 32 and grabs Davis Mills.

Bears fans scream that we now need to recreate the past and party like it’s 1999 and take Cade McNown, I mean Trask. Pace’s face has the same expression as when he signed Andy “frickin’” Dalton. He knows that he potentially has the next Antonio Brown, without the headcase and potentially more talent. This is a guy that coaches got on the field while he was a true freshman with two future NFL All pros and he produced! Pundits will say we overdrafted him. Yet, this is the guy that lit up Alabama! Catch the ball. Get a first down. Hand to referee. Repeat.

The same Bears fans who cyber stalk Dalton and booed him and his family at the basketball game last week, foam at the mouth because they want a benchwarmer from Florida who threw to a potential future HOF in Pitts or that nevergonnabe from Stanford that Minnesota will move up and snatch. By the way, dem talkin’ heads at ESPN are gonna be oozing all over Minnie for stealing our guy and for Pittsburgh, Washington, and Chicago for losing their QB of the future.

Tampa has Minnesota’s first rounder for next year plus one of their 3rds from this, and they don’t give a fuck. They know they’ll get their guy then with this failure of a franchise’s top 5 pick.

5 QBs and 5 WRs go off the board before we pick, with 6 in the first round, and we take the one that may be the biggest star of the bunch instead of QB7.

1617393411981.png

33.) (from Jacksonville) Samuel Cosmi T, Texas

He falls because of his run blocking. He's considered too slender. He lacks strength. He’s not a swing tackle and never going to be. Blah blah blah. He pass blocks. He beats out Leno in camp, and we trade him and his contract for a 3rd because even mediocre LTs like Leno are worth something to someone.

As an aside, Walter Football was sort of right, and the Patriots chum the water by taking Jamie Newman at 46. As the boys at the NFL network and ESPN dance on Bellicheck's nuts, there’s blood in the water, and the CCS Message board lights up like the day we signed Dalton. Every chicken little is screaming to grab Trask like the sky is falling like their grampa’s nuts.

1617393512513.png

50.) (from Miami) Kellen Mond QB, Texas A&M

We trade our 3rd, next year’s 2nd, and a 6th for Miami’s 50th and a 7th. He is a kid that was a 5-star recruit that realized that he couldn’t play in the SEC on his talent alone and improved every year. He recreated himself through coaching and will improve further in the pros. He has mr. mediocre himself Dalton to help him on his game.

1617393629060.png

52.) Caleb Farley CB, VT

WFT snags Trask right before this pick. We grab Farley. Pace is Fleeced again, just like JJ in the 2nd, last year. Some Bears fans begin to put the razor down. Wait a second, they think, how did Farley fall to us in the 2nd? That’s the CB that a lot of sites have rated as #1 overall. And, they see that he had back surgery, had some injuries, and sat out and so he fell in the year of no combine. We have the luxury of a vet so he is eased in and we end up with the most dangerous backfield in football. Action Jax returns!

The rest of the Bear fans get even louder and are screaming for blood. Trask! Five or six fire Pace threads begin all saying that he failed because he didn’t draft Trask. As an aside, Pittsburgh drafts another big dude with a big arm and the kind of touch when he throws like a teenage boy on prom night in Feleipe Franks.

1617393795812.png

164.) Malcolm Koonce LB, Buffalo

While da beloved were doing their good ole nepotism last year and checked out lil’ Mack, they stumbled on this guy. They were like, holy shit! Pace gets his small school guy, and he turns out to be even more talented than we thought, hits the rotation early, and becomes a starting LB by the end of the year. He morphs into the kind of LB that can play all 4 spots and rush. Meanwhile, everyone is like, Pace overdrafted him. Nah man, this guy is climbing up draft boards. Pace likes pass rushers in the 5th or later. He gets a gem with Koonce.

1617393905174.png

6th.) Ta’Quon Graham DT, Texas -- Bears fans are divided. They really want him to draft a DB or a T. Instead, he snags this ridiculously athletic DT that fell into the 6th. The D line rotation starts to look sick!

1617394051752.png

6th.) Ben Mason FB/HB/UTE, Michigan

The madman. The legend. This motherfucker’s crazy, yeah, like a fox. He is working on all the little things he needs to do to be the swiss army knife move TE/FB role that he would be. He is also excellent on ST.

1617394166837.png

7th.) (from Miami) Jalen Camp WR, Georgia Tech

This guy is the 7th round WR flier that Pace loves to take. He has a ridiculous Relative Athletic Score. He is the kind of guy you take in the 7th. He pushes Wims off of the roster.

Notable UDFA’s:

1617394197297.png

Miller Forristall TE, Alabama – the blocking TE that Pace thought he got from he who should never be named or on our team from KC last year.

1617394221828.png

Chris Evans RB, Michigan – He’s a hard-working fucking idiot. We get him and he helps ease Williams off of the team next year when his one year contract runs out.

Attachments

• 1617393133189.png
    1617393133189.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 0

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Moore, Cosmi, Mond and Farley would be a dream, and I'm not really a big Mond fan. The trades aren't terrible, though IDK that Jacksonville makes that move.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't see Farley dropping to #52 with how talented he is unless he completely falls because he had recent back surgery which is obviously a big issue. If he did i would have no hesitation taking him with our 2nd round pick.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
If we took Farley in the first it would be dumb, but if they can get that value rd 2 that would be nice

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All that effort to write but you didn’t look at one trade value chart?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Would you do any of these trades to move up for a QB in this draft? The first 2 would be huge trades that i don't think i could do to get one of the 3 after Trevor and Zach. Maybe for Fields but these are big trades. I think i'd do #3.

BEARSWAGGER

Liked Posts:
Would you do any of these trades to move up for a QB in this draft? The first 2 would be huge trades that i don't think i could do to get one of the 3 after Trevor and Zach. Maybe for Fields but these are big trades. I think i'd do #3.

I think I would roll with the Darnold option

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I'd love 1. Would do 2 if that was the only option. I like all 3 qbs but like Fields the best. Would not do #3. They may not even get a 3rd rounder for Darnold. Market has dried up.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Who is trading for Darnold now? If Carolina misses on a QB then they might. Can't trade for him as a backup due to his salary and being a FA in 22 unless you pick up his 5th year. Maybe someone could trade for him and redo his contract. I'd much rather have Fields or Jones than Darnold even though I like Darnold and think he will succeed in the right system. His contract is the problem.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'd love 1. Would do 2 if that was the only option. I like all 3 qbs but like Fields the best. Would not do #3. They may not even get a 3rd rounder for Darnold. Market has dried up.

It would be tough for me to make either of the first two trades and giving up that much knowing that it's pretty much a guarantee that 2 of the top 5 QB's will be busts in the NFL and with me being so much a fan of Wilson and we know Trevor will be fine then that leaves 3, so it's obviously hypothetical but 2 of those 3 could end up busts. Who knows maybe all 5 will be good/great QB's in the NFL or just 1 ends up a bust or the Bears get the luckiest they've ever been and they pick the right one of the 3....Hahahaha that was funny.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
It would be tough for me to make either of the first two trades and giving up that much knowing that it's pretty much a guarantee that 2 of the top 5 QB's will be busts in the NFL and with me being so much a fan of Wilson and we know Trevor will be fine then that leaves 3, so it's obviously hypothetical but 2 of those 3 could end up busts. Who knows maybe all 5 will be good/great QB's in the NFL or just 1 ends up a bust or the Bears get the luckiest they've ever been and they pick the right one of the 3....Hahahaha that was funny.
I could care less about the percentage of busts in QBs. If you worry about that you will NEVER get a QB unless you lose 14+ games in a year there is a Great QB coming out. Fields is going to be a Great QB in the NFL. I like him better than I did Watson coming out. Watson's knee scared me a little. Jones is perfect for what Nagy wants to do in his offense. Either gives us a real chance to have a Franchise QB for the next 10+ years. Jones is really smart and I believe will end up being a very good QB in the NFL. Should be good enough to win a SB with if you have the parts around him.
Lance just has not played much and when he did it was lower Competition. I'd take a risk with him at 20 but would not trade up for him.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I could care less about the percentage of busts in QBs. If you worry about that you will NEVER get a QB unless you lose 14+ games in a year there is a Great QB coming out. Fields is going to be a Great QB in the NFL. I like him better than I did Watson coming out. Watson's knee scared me a little. Jones is perfect for what Nagy wants to do in his offense. Either gives us a real chance to have a Franchise QB for the next 10+ years. Jones is really smart and I believe will end up being a very good QB in the NFL. Should be good enough to win a SB with if you have the parts around him.
Lance just has not played much and when he did it was lower Competition. I'd take a risk with him at 20 but would not trade up for him.

I like both of them as well but just because we like them doesn't mean they both won't be busts in the NFL. If people that have spent their entire lives in the game of football and working in the NFL as scouts, coaches and front office people can't get it right then none of us damn sure can. Every single year multiple QB's/players drafted in the 1st round and in every round end up as busts after being drafted by football lifers.

M.Trubisky was the best QB in his draft on most "draft experts" boards and i think you know i can go on and on and on with QB's drafted in the 1st round that end up as busts. Doesn't mean any of us or the Bears people can't hit it big cause there's no exact science in drafting, i'm just stating the facts.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Those first 2 trades would make sense if it wasn't for the SF trade. The 49ers traded 2 future firsts and a 2021 3rd to move up from 12 to 3. The Bears are not going from 20 up to 4 or 5 without giving up 2 future firsts. While the value of the 4th or 5th pick goes down when talking about the 4th or 5th best QB being left on the board, the 49ers set the precedence of what it takes to get one of the top QBs. The Falcons need a lot of help, so I can definitely see them taking a quantity approach over the best non-QB in the draft. But it would cost much more than that, IMO. The Bengals need a bunch of help too, but they are either getting the best OL or best WR in the draft at 5. They would need more to give up the chance of Sewell or Chase. Trade back to 20 and they are going from OT1 or WR1 to probably 4th best at either, at best.

The 3rd trade, I would probably do. I just don't think Pace/Nagy are going to put their jobs in the hands of Dalton and a Day 2 pick. They aren't getting a top 5 QB. Day 2 QBs all have serious flaws, and none of those guys look like guys that can play well in 2021. Maybe they get lucky (for the first time in franchise history) and they get a stud, but that's an extreme longshot. While Darnold isnt a better hope for saving jobs, he's at least young enough to turn into something, and provides a situation like last year where you have 2 very mediocre chances to find a guy to win games. Moving down 3 spots is nothing. Giving up a future 3rd allows you to maximize the talent this year, while losing a pick in 2022 when they'll have much more cap flexibility.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Those first 2 trades would make sense if it wasn't for the SF trade. The 49ers traded 2 future firsts and a 2021 3rd to move up from 12 to 3. The Bears are not going from 20 up to 4 or 5 without giving up 2 future firsts. While the value of the 4th or 5th pick goes down when talking about the 4th or 5th best QB being left on the board, the 49ers set the precedence of what it takes to get one of the top QBs. The Falcons need a lot of help, so I can definitely see them taking a quantity approach over the best non-QB in the draft. But it would cost much more than that, IMO. The Bengals need a bunch of help too, but they are either getting the best OL or best WR in the draft at 5. They would need more to give up the chance of Sewell or Chase. Trade back to 20 and they are going from OT1 or WR1 to probably 4th best at either, at best.

The 3rd trade, I would probably do. I just don't think Pace/Nagy are going to put their jobs in the hands of Dalton and a Day 2 pick. They aren't getting a top 5 QB. Day 2 QBs all have serious flaws, and none of those guys look like guys that can play well in 2021. Maybe they get lucky (for the first time in franchise history) and they get a stud, but that's an extreme longshot. While Darnold isnt a better hope for saving jobs, he's at least young enough to turn into something, and provides a situation like last year where you have 2 very mediocre chances to find a guy to win games. Moving down 3 spots is nothing. Giving up a future 3rd allows you to maximize the talent this year, while losing a pick in 2022 when they'll have much more cap flexibility.
I agree with everything you said about Darnold. But if you trade for him you have to start him this year and probably have to pick up his 5th year option that is reported to be around 18 Mill. This gives them 2 years with Darnold. Dalton can't start this year if they trade for Darnold. (Getting Darnold to agree to a 2 year contract replacement would be best but not guaranteed.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
Darnold could be a long term option. Dalton is not. At best Dalton could be a 2-3 year bridge.
If they get Darnold and keep Dalton that puts 20 mill in QBs for 21. Still not too bad. They would probably have to call it a QB Competition in camp after saying that Dalton was the starter for 21 if they trade for Darnold. But not sure Nagy really wants Darnold, since he has thrown a lot of Ints at USC and the Jets.

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

I gotta tell you, this obsession with Pace moving up and giving up picks to do so is just plain confusing to me. It’s an insoluble paradox: the fire Pace community is all hang ‘em high when it comes to Nagy and is sharpening their pitchforks for Pace, yet they want him to give up valuable draft capital for well after his canned ass is shown the door!

There are still Bears fans who regularly bring up the fact that he traded up for Trubisky, who virtually everyone had pegged as the overall number one his year, and it wasn’t even close. Now, they want Pace to mortgage the farm for Qb4? Really? Is someone really going to say that Qb4 this year is going to better than anything we can get next year with the tough schedule we have and Nagy resuming play calling? Come on now.

The only trade I like is kind of the Darnold trade. I think this is a good video on Darnold:

Personally, I’d play it that if we can’t get Mond or Newman, tell the Jets it’s a cold cruel world, send them a third for next year and do them a solid for this by giving them Foles to mentor their top new Qb, probably Wilson, so we take Darnold off their hands.

The worst case scenario is we suck, have our first for next year, Pace is gone, Nagy and his play calling are gone, and we have some new blood pick a Qb in the top 5.

Three first rounders for a rookie that Pace picks? Get the fuck out of here. Come on now! Are people serious with this shit?

Last edited:

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I don't see Farley dropping to #52 with how talented he is unless he completely falls because he had recent back surgery which is obviously a big issue. If he did i would have no hesitation taking him with our 2nd round pick.

I really agreed with you about a month ago. Now, it can be a smoke screen, but that back surgery is going to have him fall out of the first. I think we have a legitimate shot at him at 52.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I agree with everything you said about Darnold. But if you trade for him you have to start him this year and probably have to pick up his 5th year option that is reported to be around 18 Mill. This gives them 2 years with Darnold. Dalton can't start this year if they trade for Darnold. (Getting Darnold to agree to a 2 year contract replacement would be best but not guaranteed.

I think because of all the stuff they've said about Dalton, they would make it an open competition in camp just like they did with Trubisky/Foles. I feel that Darnold would win that competition and get first crack at starting. I don't think you pick up that 5th year option though. Same situation as Trubisky. If he's bad, you wash your hands of him. If he's good, you can sign him long-term or potentially franchise him. Costs you a little more, but it's money you guarantee after you see Darnold play instead of having to guarantee his 5th year next month.

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
I think because of all the stuff they've said about Dalton, they would make it an open competition in camp just like they did with Trubisky/Foles. I feel that Darnold would win that competition and get first crack at starting. I don't think you pick up that 5th year option though. Same situation as Trubisky. If he's bad, you wash your hands of him. If he's good, you can sign him long-term or potentially franchise him. Costs you a little more, but it's money you guarantee after you see Darnold play instead of having to guarantee his 5th year next month.
I don't think they would spend a 3rd or 4th rounder on Darnold only to let Dalton start after turning down his 5th year option. Almost no way Darnold can come off the bench and look good enough to pay him 25+ mill a year starting in 22. Either re-do his contract, pick up the 5th year or pass. That's why he has not been traded for yet. He may end up staying with the jets and they let him leave in 22. They still get a 3rd round comp pick.