QB Marcus Mariota

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Mid-season 2016, he was in the MVP conversation. Like Wentz in 2017.
Idk if remember if that was true or not. I do know from looking his stats weren't overly impressive at mid-season (12 tds vs 6 ints) and he hadn't broken 300 yards in a game. Completion percentage was okay although he had a couple games under 50%. But outside of that season which was pretty average in a lot of respects, he hasn't had another season that came close to that. Wentz was very good from 2017-2019. They really aren't comparable in any way based off their careers.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace couldn't draft him because he didn't have a high enough pick. But there were several reports that he was infatuated with Mariota and tried to trade up for him. Imagine if the Bears had traded multiple picks to trade up and select him. So, yes, I count that as a miss.

Hoge: Bears Need To Find Their Marcus Mariota
Thats a dumb narrative. Mariota was ranked high by almost everyone, went #2, and then you link an article pretty much fluffing him up saying Pace needs to “find his Mariota”. Even says how Pace wouldn't go in big after him. He was top 10 on almost draft board that year. But yeah “a miss”. Laughable.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
Thats a dumb narrative. Mariota was ranked high by almost everyone, went #2, and then you link an article pretty much fluffing him up saying Pace needs to “find his Mariota”. Even says how Pace wouldn't go in big after him. He was top 10 on almost draft board that year. But yeah “a miss”. Laughable.
The point is Pace's QB evaluation. The article points out that Pace regarded him highly, but as we all now know, Mariota has turned out to be a bust, so that's another strike against Pace's QB track record. It doesn't matter if he didn't trade up for him or if others also liked Mariota. The point is that Pace liked him (so much so that he considered trading up for him), which is more evidence that his QB evaluation is poor.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
The point is Pace's QB evaluation. The article points out that Pace regarded him highly, but as we all now know, Mariota has turned out to be a bust, so that's another strike against Pace's QB track record. It doesn't matter if he didn't trade up for him or if others also liked Mariota. The point is that Pace liked him (so much so that he considered trading up for him), which is more evidence that his QB evaluation is poor.

Some might call Taneyhill a "bust" when Miami traded him to the Titans. But he flourished. Conversely, Mariota went to Vegas as a back up to Carr, so we don't know how Mariota's will end up. In the vid I posted on the 1st page, it showed Mariota coming off the bench and playing well.

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Trade for Carr.....