redgrange19

Eater of Ham
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
You know, all these Mahomes and Watson comparisons. It's obvious they have talent, but who thinks they would have come here and lit things up the same? Coaching staffs and surrounding talent have helped develop both of those QBs. No excuses for Mitch, but it's not a sure thing they would be as amazing as they are in a Bears uniform. Mahomes got to sit a year and walked into a system that made Alex Smith receive a big contract with the best TE and top 5 WR in the NFL. Trubisky was thrown in with Dontrelle Inman, Kendall Wright and a coach straight out of 2002.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
He’ll be moving up the rankings as the season goes on. I see him cracking the top 20 in a few weeks.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
A bunch of backups are better that the Bears starter, pathetic.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, all these Mahomes and Watson comparisons. It's obvious they have talent, but who thinks they would have come here and lit things up the same? Coaching staffs and surrounding talent have helped develop both of those QBs. No excuses for Mitch, but it's not a sure thing they would be as amazing as they are in a Bears uniform. Mahomes got to sit a year and walked into a system that made Alex Smith receive a big contract with the best TE and top 5 WR in the NFL. Trubisky was thrown in with Dontrelle Inman, Kendall Wright and a coach straight out of 2002.

You’re right. Watson would be a bust if it weren’t for Bill O’Brien’s elite coaching.

Yep. Averaging almost 2 turnovers a game but he's in the top 12, ok lmao.

The media can’t get enough of Turnover Baker.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mayfield is clearly ranked higher than his play so far this season, but he had a great rookie season so I see why he's still pretty high. Garoppolo is too high, imo. Agree with the top 5. Agree with their write up on Trubisky.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
You’re right. Watson would be a bust if it weren’t for Bill O’Brien’s elite coaching.

The media can’t get enough of Turnover Baker.
He's so cool, look at the way he attempted to run away from those police officers, look at the way he grabbed his crotch, so cool.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A bunch of backups are better that the Bears starter, pathetic.

The same thing I said the entire offseason, yet instead of heading my warnings, most CCSers opted to stick their fingers in their ears and live in a fantasy land.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know, all these Mahomes and Watson comparisons. It's obvious they have talent, but who thinks they would have come here and lit things up the same? Coaching staffs and surrounding talent have helped develop both of those QBs.

All this post really does is imply that the Bears have inferior coaching and players. Neither is true.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
All this post really does is imply that the Bears have inferior coaching and players. Neither is true.
It's only true for their rookie seasons (in which Mahomes barely played), and held true for Mahomes (but not Watson) through their second seasons, but that isn't why Mahomes is better than Trubisky. Mahomes is better than Trubisky because Mahomes is the best. Watson is better than Trubisky because he's better than Trubisky.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's only true for their rookie seasons (in which Mahomes barely played), and held true for Mahomes (but not Watson) through their second seasons, but that isn't why Mahomes is better than Trubisky. Mahomes is better than Trubisky because Mahomes is the best. Watson is better than Trubisky because he's better than Trubisky.

Totally.

I just don't get the "they would suck in Chicago" argument. All it does is discredit the talent here to validate one player.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
is this an overall down year for QBs? Kinda seems like it

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
jesus christ look at this

2019 stats: 3 games | 71.9 pct | 1,195 pass yds | 10.5 ypa | 10 pass TD | 0 INT

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who was it saying Mahomes would slow down? ?

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2019 stats: 3 games | 65.0 pct | 579 pass yds | 5.6 ypa | 3 pass TD | 2 INT

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Totally.

I just don't get the "they would suck in Chicago" argument. All it does is discredit the talent here to validate one player.
I could only accept the argument that they'd have sucked in their rookie seasons. Development into good QBs may have taken a bit more time, but they were meant to succeed as QBs, so it would've happened.