QB Struggle Week One

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
I honestly would give him this whole season as the unquestioned starter, but if he keeps playing like he did yesterday, next offseason, you make it an open QB competition with Chase

You better get a QB if you want competition and most here wanted to upgrade the top 10 defense more than they wanted to find a QB until after Trubisky's rookie contract was over so we can't find a QB for competition. And they wanted to upgrade the top 10 defense more than they wanted to make sure the QB we have was able to succeed.
In other words Bears fans want to keep on losing, doing the same damn thing that has lost for decades before because that's Bears Football. Yes, we have a top pick QB and we have a defense, let's bail on the top QB and bring in a scrub so we can have no hope of a QB but we'll have a defense.

If this team isn't it we're stuck for the rest of his contract. It won't be any worse than going with a scrub QB.
Deal with it, everyone was all fired up about it before yesterday.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The reason people wanted to update the defense is because this team can win right now with average QB play and Nagy not calling dumbass plays. Don't need a Rodgers to win with this team. If I could trade for Mack again, and give up 3 first round pick, I would do it without thinking.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky was on fire in the first half making throws all over the field. He missed a few down the stretch.

I just finished watching the game again (I LOVE GAME PASS), in the condensed version, and Trubisky got too excited at the end of the game, but make no mistake he is totally capable of running this offense like a Pro.

I think the Chicken Littles need to take a breath. On the other hand that is what makes this board so entertaining...
for a whole 2 drives WOW!

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
He played like garbage at times, and did some good things in the beginning. That is pretty much the consensus from the coaching staff before we even got on the field. That it wasn't there yet, and he showed some good, and some really bad. So, that is what it is right now.

Nothing changes from my pre game one opinion. Dudes green, has a long way to go, and better get their quick. People expecting him to ball out day one were setting themselves up. I'll admit, I got a little jump the gun excited myself. Why the game was so hard to watch. Emotionally draining.

No ones talking about how GB threw all those DB's out there with 1 LBer. I've never really seen that done before. Maybe someone else has. I'm sure that fucked with Mitch hard. No excuse, but kid has a long ways to go.

Whole team played like shit the second half. Got cocky, got winded, got conservative, got sloppy, and got outplayed.

Nagy got his welcome to GB beating last night. Better learn from it or join the ranks of many other unemployed Bear's coaches.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The reason people wanted to update the defense is because this team can win right now with average QB play and Nagy not calling dumbass plays. Don't need a Rodgers to win with this team. If I could trade for Mack again, and give up 3 first round pick, I would do it without thinking.

I would take Mack again too. As I said, you can't pass that kind of player up if you can absorb the salary and trade. And hind sight isn't reality so that means we still get Smith (even if that wouldn't have been my draft move, I would've been happy with top 10 defense that happily got upgraded when Mack's offer came along).

If that was their/your reasoning nothing has changed. They had faith Sunday morning, they were slapped with the reality that we have a 2nd year QB with all new WRs and very little preseason time together. They need to stop calling for everyone's heads and claiming everyone sucks.

Last night was my fear, that we don't have an oline to protect the QB who's worse than we thought and our WRs are not all that, but now we're unable to fix the offense because we have no picks. I didn't want to be in this position because of that fear. If anyone should be melting down it's me.
Those who wanted to take the risk need to pull their pants up and act like adults.

Wanting to go back to having a defense with no chance at QB is just idiocy. Pure meathead idiocy. In the least Trubisky could be just as bad as Chase if you would give him time.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
Jimmy g is a perfect example of why you don't pay a qb with all of 8 starts like an elite qb.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
He wasn't good, but he was hardly jump off the ship bad.
I swear half the users here forgot how Cutler's opening Bears game, also a Sunday Night at Green Bay, went down. It was much, much, much worse.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
for a whole 2 drives WOW!

You are aware he's the QB right? Bitching about it isn't gonna change anything.

For years, so many of you guys wanted Cutler gone for a rookie. You got your wish, now deal with it. Jesus Rodgers looked flat in his first year and he had 3 or 4 years on the bench behind a HOF QB.

I think too many of you guys don't realize that new QB's just don't look like Rodgers right away. Shit takes time.

Cause guess what happens if they ditch Mitch and start over with another rookie next year....the same shit.

Reactions: Myk

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Week 1. It is week 1.

He is still learning.

Reactions: Myk

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Um, there were a lot of QBs that not only struggled but outright sucked this weekend. Carr, Big Ben, and Stafford threw some awful balls and made awful decisions. Heard a talking head say that QB play is so inconsistent because starters do not get enough reps due to the fear of injury. Even experienced QBs need to shake off the rust.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
All this talk of Nagy being aggressive really got me hyped, but I guess it was just blowing smoke to Pettine, who after the first couple drives adjusted and really had a damn good gameplan against Nagy. White, Miller, ARob, Burton, Cohen, Gabriel, all these guys should be able to exploit some matchups and get behind the secondary, I'd like to see Trubisky hit at least one this week.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's like Pace and the two HCs he's played under are all haunted by the ghost of Jay Cutler and just want Trubisky to be a competent game manager. But so far he really isn't even that.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You better get a QB if you want competition and most here wanted to upgrade the top 10 defense more than they wanted to find a QB until after Trubisky's rookie contract was over so we can't find a QB for competition. And they wanted to upgrade the top 10 defense more than they wanted to make sure the QB we have was able to succeed.
In other words Bears fans want to keep on losing, doing the same damn thing that has lost for decades before because that's Bears Football. Yes, we have a top pick QB and we have a defense, let's bail on the top QB and bring in a scrub so we can have no hope of a QB but we'll have a defense.

If this team isn't it we're stuck for the rest of his contract. It won't be any worse than going with a scrub QB.
Deal with it, everyone was all fired up about it before yesterday.

So which miracle offensive player should they have drafted instead of R.S.? Not blasting your opinion just this continuing narrative about Bears going D instead of O. You have avoided answering this question. Before the draft you were all about drafting QNelson #1 or was it Ridley?

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
So which miracle offensive player should they have drafted instead of R.S.? Not blasting your opinion just this continuing narrative about Bears going D instead of O. You have avoided answering this question. Before the draft you were all about drafting QNelson #1 or was it Ridley?

Nelson was gone before we drafted. Ridley wasn't needed by the draft, that desire was before we picked up all the FA WRs. I was also for Barkley if we had a chance but we didn't. The only thing hind sight does is you know who you couldn't have got and all those were off the table.

Realistically (if there was a trade down the 2nd to be had) we could've got Hernandez, Williams and still got Daniels and Miller. It would be a whole new interior which may not be a good plan but I bet eventually it would've been a better interior.
Then there's McGlinchey who I wasn't high on but another possibility for the 1st. There were plenty of possible oline upgrades available when we picked that went in the 1st. Other teams thought they were worth a 1st and those teams finished better than the Bears.
If you wanted WR, Ridley or Moore will surely end up better than Gabriel who people are trying to pass off as a great upgrade that proves we helped offense. But I think AR, White, Williams and knocking it out of the park with Wims in the 7th is probably enough for WR for this year. It's probably even enough for next year if White doesn't stick.
We could've got Rosen or Jackson if people were going to flake out on the 2nd year QB in game one.
I haven't avoided answering this any time I've seen it asked of me. I even recall saying most of this before.

But that's all hind sight BS. The FO decided we needed defense in the 1st and then we got the chance at Mack which you can't pass up. The cost for Mack was we can't use the draft to get high percentage upgrades at costly positions for 2 more years. QB is the most costly position.
Wanting to upgrade the defense and then wanting to go back to scrub QBs with no chance at being good is Bears fans wanting the team to repeat ALL the mistakes the team has made that keep them losing.

As I said above and elsewhere when I saw the trade details, it was an all in move, this is our team.
The reality is Trubisky is our QB for his contract at least. Getting some scrub or trolling late rounds for a QB is not going to suddenly make us a better team just because some meatheads are mad because the Packers beat us...again. We roll with Trubisky and hope he is who Pace thought.
And remember, everyone always thought he would take some time. This is only year 2.