Qb1 week one

Week 1 starter

• Total voters

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
If Dalton is starting does Nagy insert Fields randomly on certain plays/situations in games? I saw that mentioned somewhere recently and idk how i would feel about that

I think that is a great way to bring a rookie QB along. But it seems to be frowned upon any more. If they sit they're sitting solid until injury or complete suckage forces them in and then it's do or die.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
it's going to be dalton. If i remember correctly, glennon absolutely sucked in 2017 preason and mitch looked good but they started with glennon anyway.
Yes but that was an old school John Fox team.

mceownr22

PacetheGawd
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I want to see it handled how Tua was handled (without the Tua suckiness that prompted them to go back and forth with Fitz)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fields is smart. He's football smart. I think he could start sooner than later. Dalton will have to poop himself for it to happen the first couple weeks.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
again let the OL work out the kinks and gel with Dalton/Foles first. If half way through the season he seems ready and the OL is playing well then go for it..
Except the only sure new starter on the OL is Jenkins at LT. The only real competition for a starting job will be between Bars and Daniels at OG.

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let Dalton start week 1 and have a preset number of games for him, so Fields can get familiar with the game plans. Then evaluate Dalton.. If he played well, keep him in. If he sucked, yank him.

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
Except the only sure new starter on the OL is Jenkins at LT. The only real competition for a starting job will be between Bars and Daniels at OG.
yeah so? this is the NFL so it can take rookies a while to get up to speed.. not to mention he spent most of the time at RT, so let Dalton/ Foles be the test dummies while the rookie LT gets some games under his belt.

If the OL is working well together and Fields seems to be ready then yeah put him in.. Him sitting a few games his rookie year will do nothing to ruin his carrier.. the same can not be said for putting him out there early..

We are not winning the super bowl this year regardless of who starts. Do whats best to develop fields.. thats the only thing that matters