QBs Destined For 2016 Relocation

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
djco.gif

F Rodgers

Liked Posts:
ProFootball Focus put together a list of the most accurate quarterbacks under pressure and surprisingly Jay Cutler made the list, checking in at #5 overall in 2014.
Cutler actually led the league in touchdowns while under pressure with 12. He was pressured nearly 31% of his 618 dropbacks which was surprisingly among the lowest in the league. He connected on nearly 70% of his passes while under pressure. I guess he’s had a lot of practice, especially at the end of the Lovie Smith era.
Of course, on the flipside, Cutler did throw 5 INT’s which was tied for second worst among the quarterbacks with at least 150 dropbacks who were considered in the study.
It’s interesting that the only other NFC North quarterback on the list was rookie Teddy Bridgewater. Where is MVP Aaron Rodgers on this list? You’d be surprised to know that Rodgers is all the way down at #15 on the list. Rodgers’ completion percentage drops for over 65% down to less than 60% when he’s under pressure. Do you think Vic Fangio and the Bears new defensive scheme might take that into consideration?
Back to Cutler…
John Fox is certain that rebuilding Cutler’s confidence will help him to a bounceback year, but he also believes there are things they can do schematically to help Cutler:
“Football-wise, there are things you can do in coaching to minimize some of the exposure,” Fox said. “Playing defense. Playing complementary football is going to be something that helps. I liken it a little bit, not being critical, to Tony Romo. I think there had been different things said. I know Tony personally. He’s a tremendous competitor. I thought he had one of his better seasons a year ago with that same kind of build-up. With success comes confidence.”
Being on the move is akin to being under pressure, so putting Cutler on the move where he only has to scan half the field and doesn’t have time to overthink things and he can just go out and play will help him tremendously. At least based on how he fared in PFF’s signature stats.
‪#‎StayWithJay‬

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
:shibe:

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I fear Cutler playing out his entire 7 year contract in Chicago. I mean think about it, the previous 9 seasons werent enough for the bear to decide to move on, despite the fact that he lead the league in turnovers last year. What could he possibly do this year to force their hand? No, instead theyll justify bringing him back for 2016 since its only one more year of guaranteed money, and then at the end of the year itll be the same old same old and theyll biring him back for 2017 since itll be one year at a time after that... so on and so forth.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
ProFootball Focus put together a list of the most accurate quarterbacks under pressure and surprisingly Jay Cutler made the list, checking in at #5 overall in 2014.
Cutler actually led the league in touchdowns while under pressure with 12. He was pressured nearly 31% of his 618 dropbacks which was surprisingly among the lowest in the league. He connected on nearly 70% of his passes while under pressure. I guess he’s had a lot of practice, especially at the end of the Lovie Smith era.
Of course, on the flipside, Cutler did throw 5 INT’s which was tied for second worst among the quarterbacks with at least 150 dropbacks who were considered in the study.
It’s interesting that the only other NFC North quarterback on the list was rookie Teddy Bridgewater. Where is MVP Aaron Rodgers on this list? You’d be surprised to know that Rodgers is all the way down at #15 on the list. Rodgers’ completion percentage drops for over 65% down to less than 60% when he’s under pressure. Do you think Vic Fangio and the Bears new defensive scheme might take that into consideration?
Back to Cutler…
John Fox is certain that rebuilding Cutler’s confidence will help him to a bounceback year, but he also believes there are things they can do schematically to help Cutler:
“Football-wise, there are things you can do in coaching to minimize some of the exposure,” Fox said. “Playing defense. Playing complementary football is going to be something that helps. I liken it a little bit, not being critical, to Tony Romo. I think there had been different things said. I know Tony personally. He’s a tremendous competitor. I thought he had one of his better seasons a year ago with that same kind of build-up. With success comes confidence.”
Being on the move is akin to being under pressure, so putting Cutler on the move where he only has to scan half the field and doesn’t have time to overthink things and he can just go out and play will help him tremendously. At least based on how he fared in PFF’s signature stats.
‪#‎StayWithJay‬

You have to know that anticipating a guy coming open and throwing it BEFORE you're under pressure will totally skew that stat. That said. We finally have coaches that will adjust a scheme to fit players for the most part and it should help Jay quite a bit. The D is changing personal to fit a profile but there's lots of variation available within it.
If Jay looks like last year, it also shouldn't take long for this regime to give him the hook.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You all better chill out. We all know my internet penis is way bigger than yours. If you could drive a car on the internet, I would be driving a fat-ass stacked F-350. All you plebs would be driving your mom's Fiat right into my balls. Suck on that haters.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Omg. Sounds like last years comment or the Cubs are going to win it this year. I have 9 years of data on Cutler that's says he is what he is. If it takes him 10 years to figure it out then he will be the first QB probably in history to do that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich Gannon made 4 straight pro bowls starting with his 12th season. Prior to that he was a mediocre pile of dung.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You all better chill out. We all know my internet penis is way bigger than yours. If you could drive a car on the internet, I would be driving a fat-ass stacked F-350. All you plebs would be driving your mom's Fiat right into my balls. Suck on that haters.

35e4e57ad3f068753b3a8aa39b7d90e4.jpg

PaytonHighstep

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I don't agree. I think Cutler will play the BEST FOOTBALL of his ENTIRE LIFE this season. People will be begging to trade for him and Pace will only pull the trigger if he sees the right sort of compensation. #callingitrightnow

I agree to a point with this prediction, just because I believe Cutler will only throw the ball 20-25 times / game this season. If Fox returns to his run heavy, ball control type offense he had in Carolina, then I can see Cutler playing well without throwing the ball 40-50 times / game. This more conservative approach (if it actually happens) will help Jay, only if the running game is successful.

Too many "ifs" for me to say it will happen, but I could see it playing out that way. I could also see it being a complete trainwreck too.

discplayer

Liked Posts:
I don't agree. I think Cutler will play the BEST FOOTBALL of his ENTIRE LIFE this season. People will be begging to trade for him and Pace will only pull the trigger if he sees the right sort of compensation. #callingitrightnow

oh, i get it. sorry, i forgot it's april fools day! for a minute there i thought you were actually serious... silly me!

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
oh, i get it. sorry, i forgot it's april fools day! for a minute there i thought you were actually serious... silly me!

hey walkman, this was posted yesterday and YOU are the one being foolish.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this is it for Cutler. Perform or not only be out of Chicago but he'll struggle to get a starting job anywhere in the league. The only option he has is to perform at a very high level. But since that hasn't happened before with him for the Bears I think he's gone. Depending on his attitude and performance he might not even be starting at the end of the season. I'm more concerned who is QB in 16.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Rich Gannon made 4 straight pro bowls starting with his 12th season. Prior to that he was a mediocre pile of dung.

I would love to see Cutler have a 4 year stretch like Gannon did in Oakland. That would be the best 4 straight seasons he has ever put together, if he could accomplish that. Unfortunately players accomplishing what Gannon did that late in their careers after playing like a mediocre pile of dung is not common...it's actually pretty rare. Some would even call it an anomaly. But we can all once again hope that this will be the season Cutler finally "gets it".