Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
I have Comcast cable and use Youtube that way. Will that work with the new NFL ticket on Youtube or will I need wi-fi or some other facilitator? Thanks in advance for the help.

This FAQ may be able to help you further. https://www.reddit.com/r/youtubetv/comments/12r7a4j
The biggest thing is the distinction between cable tv and cable tv companies that sell internet access. Since you said you had Comcast and you're posting here, I would assume you have internet access and cable tv bundled together. If that is the case, you're looking to purchase one of the Sunday ticket packages via the standalone, more expensive options which I've highlighted in red.

sunday ticket.jpg

The $349 one is going to the sunday ticket only package that will require you watching on your computer/tablet/phone or internet capable tv. The $389 option would be if you want the sunday ticket package and NFL redzone while again being only available to watch on your computer/tablet/phone or internet capable tv. You're buying access to the Sunday ticket via an app either way so it's separate from cable tv.

If you only have internet access through Comcast and do not have cable tv already, then the 1st two options of $249 and $289 would likely suit you better.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I have Comcast cable (Xfinity) and that's how I get the internet.
Oh I get it. You plug your internet directly in, not through the air. You should be fine as long as you have a internet cable for your television.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Oh I get it. You plug your internet directly in, not through the air. You should be fine as long as you have a internet cable for your television.
I'd be really surprised if that Comcast installation didn't come with a wireless router. Homeboy has probably "had wifi" for a decade without realizing it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could be the internet cable is run directly to the box for the streaming apps that come with their package. In that case, it would be a better setup than wifi.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Could be the internet cable is run directly to the box for the streaming apps that come with their package. In that case, it would be a better setup than wifi.
Did you jerk it to xerxes today?

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
Thanks, but my question is whether you need wi-fi or if you can watch on regular Youtube from cable. .

Are you logged into your youtube account through comcast youtube access?

10veitout

Quack quack 🦆
Liked Posts:
I have Comcast cable (Xfinity) and that's how I get the internet.

If you can access 'primetime channels' in your youtube access, then I think the answer is yea, it should work.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Are you logged into your youtube account through comcast youtube access?
Yes, it's all through the Comcast cable connection. I'd like to get info directly from Youtube and NFL ticket, but haven't been able to actually locate a human being through the websites.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Yes, it's all through the Comcast cable connection. I'd like to get info directly from Youtube and NFL ticket, but haven't been able to actually locate a human being through the websites.

Check your local newspaper listings on Sunday when they deliver your Tribune. The style section is where you want to look.

Also, Youtube headquarters are in San Bruno, CA. Maybe you could just drive by there and talk to someone directly, or if too far maybe mail them a letter?

Good luck!