Quintin Demps & Safety Depth

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
FS: Eddie Jackson, Deon Bush
SS: Adrian Amos, Houston-Carson, Hall (CB or S?)

Bears depth on paper looks weak and the options in free agency look weak aside from the potential locker room cancers Eric Ried and Kenny Varacco. Demps would be a cheap back up I didn't like him at his old contract.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i

Yep, better sign the 47 year old.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:

Bears depth on paper looks weak and the options in free agency look weak aside from the potential locker room cancers Eric Ried and Kenny Varacco. Demps would be a cheap back up I didn't like him at his old contract.
Why would Reid be a cancer??? To me all he has done is have the back of a friend, and now is blackballed from the league.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

Not an exciting group of Safety backups (Deon Bush, Houston-Carson, Hall), but few teams do.

Look at it this way:

• Jackson & Amos are young and low injury risk.
  • Deon Bush, Houston-Carson, Hall know the system/team very well, they play STs, they're under cheap rookie contracts, they're young, and low injury risk.
I still find Hall and Houston-Carson intriguing Safety projects. Bears may yet replace Bush with a UDFA. I think this is a useful youthful group with a chance to improve. That's what you want.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't know why people overlook Hall. He had some solid performances in the past.

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
Not an exciting group of Safety backups (Deon Bush, Houston-Carson, Hall), but few teams do.

Look at it this way:

• Jackson & Amos are young and low injury risk.
  • Deon Bush, Houston-Carson, Hall know the system/team very well, they play STs, they're under cheap rookie contracts, they're young, and low injury risk.
I still find Hall and Houston-Carson intriguing Safety projects. Bears may yet replace Bush with a UDFA. I think this is a useful youthful group with a chance to improve. That's what you want.

Jackson low injury risk? Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in that most injuries are flukes and not really a trend. But he only lasted to the 4th round in the draft because of his injury history. I hope he has all of that behind him, but none the less. We need depth behind him and be prepared if he goes down again. ACL tear in 2014, broken leg in 2016.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Why would Reid be a cancer??? To me all he has done is have the back of a friend, and now is blackballed from the league.

Because people love to get riled up about stupid stuff.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Sounds like he hates stuff like boyscouts and is anti white

You should've seen the exchange I had on FB over this. Had a vet say they should stand because it's disrespectful to vets, then another vet that said he fought for their right to kneel, to which the former responded and called him a piece of shit. The hypocrisy was comical.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Reason #16848646561 why Facebook is Special person. People like to flaunt their stupidity on a global scale.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Reason #16848646561 why Facebook is Special person. People like to flaunt their stupidity on a global scale.

Highly entertaining though.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
For a while until you realize society is sick and we are fucked.

Nah, there's more sane comments than insane comments. It's just the dumbfucks tend to post a whole fuck ton making it seem like there's more of them. I love egging them on. The best is to use their own words against them. That causes people to straight fucking lose it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
For a while until you realize society is sick and we are fucked.

Thats the problem tho. Facebook is not representative of society all. When people bicker on there, they say shit they don't even believe. Its like old people fight club. They get on a side of some issue and its like they're on a team. They'll say whatever to win. They wouldn't ever actually act like that.

Taking on a really negative view of society starts to happen from looking at that shit too long. None of it is real, but it can bleed over by affecting people's perception of society. It would be like if we started taking video games seriously and getting freaked out about society because in games they are always shooting people in the face.

It

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nah, there's more sane comments than insane comments. It's just the dumbfucks tend to post a whole fuck ton making it seem like there's more of them. I love egging them on. The best is to use their own words against them. That causes people to straight fucking lose it.

They lose their minds when you feed their own words back to them because they didn't even believe the shit when they posted it. And when you bring it back up its like you're breaking the rules. They knew how stupid they shit was the first time, they were just trying to win an argument.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I think some of them do actual believe what they write. Some are trolls. It can be pretty tough to tell nowadays. Usually though, when a person gets all emotional about something and spouts off without logically thinking about what they're saying, they aren't trolling. They actually believe the nonsense.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
What the fuck was this thread about again?

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Eric Reid would be perfect for the Bears...if this was 1985. He's an in the box safety that had a bad year in coverage. I'd rather keep grooming Amos

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some of them do actual believe what they write. Some are trolls. It can be pretty tough to tell nowadays. Usually though, when a person gets all emotional about something and spouts off without logically thinking about what they're saying, they aren't trolling. They actually believe the nonsense.

I'm not even talking about trolling tho. Seriously, its like a game. They pick a side and then they are on that team. Then they have a whole backlog of propaganda bullshit from that team that they can use as ammo. Its not even their own thoughts usually. They are just repeating shit from their team. And the two sides lob volleys at each other. And everyone gets their 20 min righteous rage/hate fix.

Then they put down their device and go to the store to get some eggs or go to their grandkids soccer game or some other mundane daily life shit like that. All without ever initiating some rage boner confrontation. Just like when you put down call of duty and go about your life without shooting anyone in the face.