Quintin Demps & Safety Depth

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is, old people on facebook and in comment sections are some of the worst netizens of the whole goddamn internet. Talk about fucking toxic.

But its not reflective of how they really are or what they actually believe. Like what they would do if they were actually confronted with the thing they are bitching about in real life.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not an exciting group of Safety backups (Deon Bush, Houston-Carson, Hall), but few teams do.

Look at it this way:

• Jackson & Amos are young and low injury risk.
  • Deon Bush, Houston-Carson, Hall know the system/team very well, they play STs, they're under cheap rookie contracts, they're young, and low injury risk.
I still find Hall and Houston-Carson intriguing Safety projects. Bears may yet replace Bush with a UDFA. I think this is a useful youthful group with a chance to improve. That's what you want.

Fangio just got done saying D.Bush has looked good in camp so don't see him getting replaced.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Because people love to get riled up about stupid stuff.

Don't think the people likely to get riled up are actually in the locker room.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Jackson low injury risk? Don't get me wrong, I am a firm believer in that most injuries are flukes and not really a trend. But he only lasted to the 4th round in the draft because of his injury history. I hope he has all of that behind him, but none the less. We need depth behind him and be prepared if he goes down again. ACL tear in 2014, broken leg in 2016.
Yes well Jackson has played all 16 NFL games with 73 Tackles. So I'm not going to label him an injury risk. He has a clean NFL slate as a pro.

Fangio just got done saying D.Bush has looked good in camp so don't see him getting replaced.
Glad to hear Fangio says he's seen improvement with Bush "and some other DBs" during this OTA. We'll see what materializes.

I was least intrigued with Bush, but that's the thing with these athletic players, sometimes it takes awhile for things to click. I don't see the need to sign an older Demps vet.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
FS: Eddie Jackson, Deon Bush
SS: Adrian Amos, Houston-Carson, Hall (CB or S?)

Bears depth on paper looks weak and the options in free agency look weak aside from the potential locker room cancers Eric Ried and Kenny Varacco. Demps would be a cheap back up I didn't like him at his old contract.

The Bears depth at safety would look so much better with either Eric Reid or Tre Boston on the roster. If it hadn't been for the good news coming out of camp on Deon Bush I'd have suggested signing both of them given at this stage they'd both likely be cheap.

I don't know why you wouldn't to be honest. The Bears have a chance to compete this season in the NFC North. Let's hope it's not a lack of quality depth that prevents that from happening.

Houston and Galette still out there and Breeland at CB. WTF?

GoBears

Liked Posts:
Demps is absolutely horrible who will cost us games. I rather can a traffic cone at the 50 yard line than him.

The Big Grabowski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Demps going to play ST?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
What I'm saying is, old people on facebook and in comment sections are some of the worst netizens of the whole goddamn internet. Talk about fucking toxic.

But its not reflective of how they really are or what they actually believe. Like what they would do if they were actually confronted with the thing they are bitching about in real life.
In my experience, the people I know who post crazy wingnut shit like "kill all the Muslims" on fb are the ones who wouldn't hesitate to give you the shirt off their back irl. And the ones demanding free healthcare for all etc. are a lot less friendly and generous in person. It does seem better to not pay too much attention to what people say on social media.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk