R-e-l-a-x

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously not the way we all would have liked to start the season but some of ya'll need to relax and pump the breaks on all the negative shit acting like the season/coaching staff/QB is already a lost cause after 1 tough loss.

When you play conservative try not to lose vs Erin he's going to make you pay, end of story. Doubly so when he's all hopped up on painkillers lol. Tough pill to swallow but it's not the end of the world honestly. I'm sure Nagy won't pass on 3rd and 1 again next time lol..

Perhaps I'm just so used to seeing the Bears lose these epic meltdown games vs the Pack that I've become numb to it but I liked what I saw overall when you look at it objectively without emotion from the loss. Plenty of positives to take away from the game and build on going forward in my opinion.

Mack is obviously a fucking stud and worth every penny, he's poised for a monster year. Hicks looked disruptive as usual. Smith looked legit and should be starting over Kwiatkoski sooner than later. Howard looked solid in the run game as usual and looked greatly improved catching passes which is huge for the offense moving forward. Cohen looked as expected and is getting utilized in a variety of ways. Mitch looked sharp and confident in the 1st half. ARob looked as expected and could of had an easy TD if Mitch put that one throw in the endzone on target.

Anyways, just my 2 cents on the game. It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back next week but I'm optimistic. Just need to stay healthy.
:bearbang:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Personnel situations alone will make the Bears better next week,

-Roquan will play more than 8 snaps
-Mack will be in better game shape
-Floyd will be one week closer to the cast coming off
-RRH should take Bullard's reps
-Dion Sims should be removed from the game plan

Those 5 personnel situations alone will improve the team.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Obviously not the way we all would have liked to start the season but some of ya'll need to relax and pump the breaks on all the negative shit acting like the season/coaching staff/QB is already a lost cause after 1 tough loss.

When you play conservative try not to lose vs Erin he's going to make you pay, end of story. Doubly so when he's all hopped up on painkillers lol. Tough pill to swallow but it's not the end of the world honestly. I'm sure Nagy won't pass on 3rd and 1 again next time lol..

Perhaps I'm just so used to seeing the Bears lose these epic meltdown games vs the Pack that I've become numb to it but I liked what I saw overall when you look at it objectively without emotion from the loss. Plenty of positives to take away from the game and build on going forward in my opinion.

Mack is obviously a fucking stud and worth every penny, he's poised for a monster year. Hicks looked disruptive as usual. Smith looked legit and should be starting over Kwiatkoski sooner than later. Howard looked solid in the run game as usual and looked greatly improved catching passes which is huge for the offense moving forward. Cohen looked as expected and is getting utilized in a variety of ways. Mitch looked sharp and confident in the 1st half. ARob looked as expected and could of had an easy TD if Mitch put that one throw in the endzone on target.

Anyways, just my 2 cents on the game. It'll be interesting to see how they bounce back next week but I'm optimistic. Just need to stay healthy.
:bearbang:
I'm starting to talk myself off that ledge. No one picked the bears to win this game. And they came out and curb stomped the Packers for one half. Then they played like you would expect them to if they had a 20 point lead against a team without the best qb in the game. Point being, we beat ourselves.

The fortunate news there is that all phases of our team should continue to progress. Nagy and co, should learn to have more of a killer instinct. 20 points is not enough cushion. Our offense will continue to implement stuff and will learn what works and what doesn't. And our defense will get two legit playmakers every play once they're up to speed.

We should win Monday night.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:

Doesn't work like that. Teams will also game plan accordingly and have tape on Nagy.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
We are better than the 28th team in the league....I think

Broc

well baked
Donator
Liked Posts:
We are better than the 28th team in the league....I think

After watching football all day yesterday I can confidently say we're better than 28th in the league lol.

Anyone that was expecting Mitch and a new coaching staff to stroll into Lamblow on the 100th celebration and light it up week 1 was setting themselves up for disappointment. I was expecting the Bears to lose even after the Mack trade so I was pleasantly surprised we got at least 1 half where they looked good.

That said I like our odds this year. Barring injuries we should be able competitive for a wild card spot IMO.

Washington

Liked Posts:
I agree. We still have a good chance to become an average football team (8-8) this year if our HC can learn how to call plays, our DC grows a sack and learns to attack, and our QB takes his diaper off.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Anything that involves Lynch/Sims/Kwia not taking snaps will be a good thing.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
missing shaheen and replacing him with sims hurts us

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It's great to look at the silver lining and there are many, especially on D. However, the QB play is the major concern here and I am not sure what to think of Trubisky after last night. Is he not ready or is he showing signs of being a bust??? Not sure but it did not look good at all that he could not complete simple pass in the 4th qtr. If QB play does not improve drastically from last night...I am sorry but we will see more frustrating losses similar to last night.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's great to look at the silver lining and there are many, especially on D. However, the QB play is the major concern here and I am not sure what to think of Trubisky after last night. Is he not ready or is he showing signs of being a bust??? Not sure but it did not look good at all that he could not complete simple pass in the 4th qtr. If QB play does not improve drastically from last night...I am sorry but we will see more frustrating losses similar to last night.

It was the QBs first start in one of the most complex offenses in the NFL.

There are many reasons to believe that the QB will improve. Most QBs improve with more time in an offense and more mastery of the plays.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But will the play calling? On both sides of the ball.

Who knows. But the personnel will be better against the Seahawks than it was against the Packers.

Kwiatowski gave up 5 catches for 56 yards and 4 1st downs. He was atrocious all game. We will upgrade that spot.

Mack was gassed in the 2nd half, which is to be expected, he will be in better shape.

Those 2 things alone perhaps allow the Bears to close out the game.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
It was the QBs first start in one of the most complex offenses in the NFL.

There are many reasons to believe that the QB will improve. Most QBs improve with more time in an offense and more mastery of the plays.

I hope you are right. We Bears fan don't have much optimism when it comes to QB position.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Despite the massive gloom and doom here there are actually very positive signs.

Trubisky is still learning. That is plainly evident. GB threw some exotic blitzes that caused him some problems. He will learn from these and work through them. He showed both great accuracy and some shakey accuracy after the blitzing got dialed up.....he should get better with experience.

I wish Nagy had been a little more aggressive down the field but the blitzing affected Trubisky's ability to execute on mid to deep balls.

The defense looked great, but obviously the new guys need a little more time.

Packers are a a good team with a HOF QB and more experience......the game was close. It would have been nice to win but the talent gap is closing rapidly between the Packers and Bears....that difference will be made up as our players get more time together and Mitch gets better....and he will.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hope you are right. We Bears fan don't have much optimism when it comes to QB position.

That game had the most possible things working against Trubisky

1. First start in a new offense
2. On the road
3. Big primetime game against the GOAT
4. Weapons he has not played with

If he looks as bad against the Seahawks at home, then I will turn up my concern, if he looks as frantic 3-4 weeks from now, then I may panic.

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:
Trubisky needs to step the fuck up in the pocket and make a decisive throw. He got happy feet way too much in the second half.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Despite the massive gloom and doom here there are actually very positive signs.

Trubisky is still learning. That is plainly evident. GB threw some exotic blitzes that caused him some problems. He will learn from these and work through them. He showed both great accuracy and some shakey accuracy after the blitzing got dialed up.....he should get better with experience.

I wish Nagy had been a little more aggressive down the field but the blitzing affected Trubisky's ability to execute on mid to deep balls.

The defense looked great, but obviously the new guys need a little more time.

Packers are a a good team with a HOF QB and more experience......the game was close. It would have been nice to win but the talent gap is closing rapidly between the Packers and Bears....that difference will be made up as our players get more time together and Mitch gets better....and he will.

The conditioning of 3 players had a huge impact on the game

Mack
Robinson
R Smith

Those 3 guys getting into game shape is going to make a positive difference.