R-e-l-a-x

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky needs to step the fuck up in the pocket and make a decisive throw. He got happy feet way too much in the second half.

He was thinking too much. It happens when you are learning something on the fly.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky needs to step the fuck up in the pocket and make a decisive throw. He got happy feet way too much in the second half.

The blitzing packages he saw through Trubisky off......he has now seen more and it is up to Nagy to work with him on these and learn from it.......there is little substitute for experience....

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
Who knows. But the personnel will be better against the Seahawks than it was against the Packers.

Kwiatowski gave up 5 catches for 56 yards and 4 1st downs. He was atrocious all game. We will upgrade that spot.

Mack was gassed in the 2nd half, which is to be expected, he will be in better shape.

Those 2 things alone perhaps allow the Bears to close out the game.

I think it was on the offense and the QB particularly to close out last night's game. He did not need to do anything special...just move the ball and put up 3 points. And also as you pointed out...make those TD throws to AR and Cohen. These are not complexities that had to be overcame but rather just simple poise and execution.

jc456

Liked Posts:
despite the massive gloom and doom here there are actually very positive signs.

Trubisky is still learning. That is plainly evident. Gb threw some exotic blitzes that caused him some problems. He will learn from these and work through them. He showed both great accuracy and some shakey accuracy after the blitzing got dialed up.....he should get better with experience.

I wish nagy had been a little more aggressive down the field but the blitzing affected trubisky's ability to execute on mid to deep balls.

The defense looked great, but obviously the new guys need a little more time.

Packers are a a good team with a hof qb and more experience......the game was close. It would have been nice to win but the talent gap is closing rapidly between the packers and bears....that difference will be made up as our players get more time together and mitch gets better....and he will.
lol

Nail Polish

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope you are right. We Bears fan don't have much optimism when it comes to QB position.

The Bears could find a guy working at Walmart and turn him into an all pro linebacker..They can also take Tom Brady and have him throwing interceptions in 1 season..Its just the way they are

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I just wish the Bears would stop fighting themselves when it comes to personnel decision. Put the best team on the field personnel wise and stop playing guys who are not better than other guys.

-Bullard does nothing, yet he plays as many snaps as RRH who has multiple big plays.

-I do not care where Roquan is at in his development, Nick K was getting torched all game long, get him on the sideline and play the better player.

-Whitehair snapping the ball is an issue, solve it and move him to LG.

-Dion Sims is bad at football and was a garbage signing, get him off the field and off the team.

JUSTWIN

BANNED
Liked Posts:
The Bears could find a guy working at Walmart and turn him into an all pro linebacker..They can also take Tom Brady and have him throwing interceptions in 1 season..Its just the way they are

Ain't that the DAMN truth. We are forever cursed at the QB position.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The blitzing packages he saw through Trubisky off......he has now seen more and it is up to Nagy to work with him on these and learn from it.......there is little substitute for experience....

We all knew Pettine would get after it. I wish Fangio would learn from this. Giving up 21 4th qtr points is embarrassing for what it supposed to be a top 5 D. Fangio is soft and his style bores the shit out of me. Pettine > Fangio. I would have had no issue with Fangio leaving if we could have signed Pettine. Our new innovative high powered O only scored 16 points against Pettine's D which has far less talent than ours. Yet, QB scores 24 against our top 5 D which completed collapsed when they should have been burying Rodgers.

I don't give a rat's ass what PFF stats show, but our secondary still lacks big play capabilities. After watching the Minn/SF game and seeing Minn's secondary, it is obvious we are far away from them talent wise.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all knew Pettine would get after it. I wish Fangio would learn from this. Giving up 21 4th qtr points is embarrassing for what it supposed to be a top 5 D. Fangio is soft and his style bores the shit out of me. Pettine > Fangio. I would have had no issue with Fangio leaving if we could have signed Pettine. Our new innovative high powered O only scored 16 points against Pettine's D which has far less talent than ours. Yet, QB scores 24 against our top 5 D which completed collapsed when they should have been burying Rodgers.

I don't give a rat's ass what PFF stats show, but our secondary still lacks big play capabilities. After watching the Minn/SF game and seeing Minn's secondary, it is obvious we are far away from them talent wise.

The Bears did not respond well to the quick passes that took the Bears pass rush out of the equation. They will have to answer for this.

Despite this, the Bears had a few opportunities to win this game. Kwiatkoski can't cover anything he needs to go away soon. With Roquan coming in full time by next week and Mack getting his legs back the defense should look better.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
missing shaheen and replacing him with sims hurts us

Yes, and I think Braunecker should be looked at a little. Sims cost us 2 big first downs that might have made the difference.

Washington

Liked Posts:
The Bears did not respond well to the quick passes that took the Bears pass rush out of the equation. They will have to answer for this.

Despite this, the Bears had a few opportunities to win this game. Kwiatkoski can't cover anything he needs to go away soon. With Roquan coming in full time by next week and Mack getting his legs back the defense should look better.

A good DC makes in game changes to address these things. I just am not as big of a fan of Fangio as most here and the D is as much to blame for this loss as Nagy's terrible play calling is.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
A good DC makes in game changes to address these things. I just am not as big of a fan of Fangio as most here and the D is as much to blame for this loss as Nagy's terrible play calling is.

People expecting Fangio to get creative or make major adjustments will be let down. He just simply doesn't do those things. Ask any Niners fans

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just wish the Bears would stop fighting themselves when it comes to personnel decision. Put the best team on the field personnel wise and stop playing guys who are not better than other guys.

-Bullard does nothing, yet he plays as many snaps as RRH who has multiple big plays.

-I do not care where Roquan is at in his development, Nick K was getting torched all game long, get him on the sideline and play the better player.

-Whitehair snapping the ball is an issue, solve it and move him to LG.

-Dion Sims is bad at football and was a garbage signing, get him off the field and off the team.

It was insane how fast RRH blew up that screen. Him, Goldman, Hicks, Mack, Smith, Danny T, & Floyd should be out there most. That is a ridiculous front 7.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Ryan Fitzpatrick looked like the best QB in the league.
Dak Prescott and DeShaun Watson looked like the worst QBs in the league.
For Trubisky to look ok in week 1, I’m fine with that. Now let’s improve. On his scripted plays, he looked verrrry comfortable.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I just hope Nagy will untuck his balls 2nd half this week instead of play calling like an incompetent playing to lose bitch.

bearsfootball516

Liked Posts:
People expecting Fangio to get creative or make major adjustments will be let down. He just simply doesn't do those things. Ask any Niners fans

I'm pretty sure Fangio blitzed on both the 75-yard touchdown, and a completion deep left in the 4th quarter. Problem was, every player was picked up and Rodgers stayed clean.

Monster

Liked Posts:
A comedy of errors....

Bring on Seattle... A solid home win changes the tone!

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty sure Fangio blitzed on both the 75-yard touchdown, and a completion deep left in the 4th quarter. Problem was, every player was picked up and Rodgers stayed clean.

He did blitz. It wasn't anything creative or exotic though.