CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
If you're like me, you're tired of all conversation about the QB. It's just exhausting. Who are they going to sign? What are they going to give away? Maybe they draft a QB? I think the real solution is staring us right in the face: no QB.

That's right, the Bears buck tradition and just do not have a starting QB next season. Now, of course they'll still have 11 players. Let's just sub the QB for a different position. Maybe in one package we have a third tackle? Maybe a fourth running back? 6 wide receiver sets? Fuck yeah!

If they do this right, and win around 10-13 games, the copycat NFL will follow. Not only will the Bears be trendsetters, but think of the cap space they'll be able to save?? Extend A-Rob? Check. Sign JJ Watt? Check. Wanna pair Chris Godwin with ARob? We got the money. You know what sounds better than Roquan and Trevathan as ILBs? Roquan and Lavonte David. Meanwhile, all of these others teams are spending their cap money on the antiquated quarterback position. Finally, once the other 31 teams adopt this philosophy, Pace can move some money around, and they'll be able to sign Mahomes on the cheap as a free agent.

I'm talking a minimum 8-peat. It's a win-win-win situation.

Who is with me?

BigBill

Liked Posts:
The OP really should not be posting after a heavy night of drinking.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
If you're like me, you're tired of all conversation about the QB. It's just exhausting. Who are they going to sign? What are they going to give away? Maybe they draft a QB? I think the real solution is staring us right in the face: no QB.

That's right, the Bears buck tradition and just do not have a starting QB next season. Now, of course they'll still have 11 players. Let's just sub the QB for a different position. Maybe in one package we have a third tackle? Maybe a fourth running back? 6 wide receiver sets? Fuck yeah!

If they do this right, and win around 10-13 games, the copycat NFL will follow. Not only will the Bears be trendsetters, but think of the cap space they'll be able to save?? Extend A-Rob? Check. Sign JJ Watt? Check. Wanna pair Chris Godwin with ARob? We got the money. You know what sounds better than Roquan and Trevathan as ILBs? Roquan and Lavonte David. Meanwhile, all of these others teams are spending their cap money on the antiquated quarterback position. Finally, once the other 31 teams adopt this philosophy, Pace can move some money around, and they'll be able to sign Mahomes on the cheap as a free agent.

I'm talking a minimum 8-peat. It's a win-win-win situation.

Who is with me?

1613618553857.png

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
I’d rather start Tarik Cohen or Cairo Santos at QB and keep the first than trade it for a guy who is clearly not the long term answer

PickSix

Liked Posts:
The OP really should not be posting after a heavy night of drinking.
I think all the mary jane conversation yesterday got the OP experimenting with some new stuff this evening.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
In all honesty, a big fuck you to the QB position and just playing foles for a season isn’t a terrible idea thinking long term. Keep all picks, invest in the OL, draft a stud WR, let Foles fuck around and win 5 games. Move on to 2022 with a better roster and cap position and find the QB then

mecha

Liked Posts:
In all honesty, a big fuck you to the QB position and just playing foles for a season isn’t a terrible idea thinking long term. Keep all picks, invest in the OL, draft a stud WR, let Foles fuck around and win 5 games. Move on to 2022 with a better roster and cap position and find the QB then

they're not winning anything in 2021. mortgage for the future. you think the Browns got good on their own? no, they needed to draft high for about 17 years. and fire some coaches and jettison some quarterback busts. you know. shit the Bears don't do well.

(that should be green text, but I'm being somewhat serious)

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would be the best QB Pace has added in his tenure.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tarik Cohen is the perfect scrumhalf. Hell, put Mitch in at wing. He about orchestrated an all-timer a few years ago. Rugby style for the win. Wear the defense the f out.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My only problem is, why even have WR's of a high level, if you have no one great to get the ball to them? Better off just have speed and the best Breaking tackle RB you can get.... and we already have that. Montey broke more Tackles than any back in the NFL

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Tarik Cohen is the perfect scrumhalf. Hell, put Mitch in at wing. He about orchestrated an all-timer a few years ago. Rugby style for the win. Wear the defense the f out.
I’ve wondered the rugby concept. Just get a bunch of big bad ass OL, direct snap to a carrier, and rugby scrum as far as possible each play. It would be interesting to see if it would work.

bufordht

Liked Posts:
TE. OL OL OL OL OL OL. TE

FB. FB
HB

Toss a pass over the top to a TE or a screen to a FB once in a while to keep the D honest. Does anyone see this being any worse than Nagy's O?