Radical Thoughts on the QB Position

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sounds like Navy football....

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
In all honesty, a big fuck you to the QB position and just playing foles for a season isn’t a terrible idea thinking long term. Keep all picks, invest in the OL, draft a stud WR, let Foles fuck around and win 5 games. Move on to 2022 with a better roster and cap position and find the QB then
I think there are plenty of fans that would want to do that, but that’s not reality with the GM/HC situation. Unless Pace got an extension under the table, there’s no way he’s sticking with Foles to save his job.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tighthead prop: Whitehair
Hooker: DC
Loosehead prop: Daniels
Lock: Hicks
Lock: RRH
Flanker: Roquan
Flanker: DT
8 Man: Mack
Scrumhalf: Tarik
Inside Center: Montgomery
Outside Center: Mooney
Wing: Jackson
Wing: Fuller
Flyhalf: Mitch
Fullback: Patterson

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In all honesty, a big fuck you to the QB position and just playing foles for a season isn’t a terrible idea thinking long term. Keep all picks, invest in the OL, draft a stud WR, let Foles fuck around and win 5 games. Move on to 2022 with a better roster and cap position and find the QB then

After all these years I still don't think the Bears understand the atrition a bad o-line puts your entire team through. Its a viscous cycle and should always be rectified first.

Once you can keep the ball you prevent great teams from putting 90 grueling plays on your defense. Thats not so bad if its rare, but every week will destroy your players bodies and morale.

John Fox may have only understood one thing about football...but that was it. Thats why his method was better than Nagy/Pace.

Without the people or blocking to run a competent offense going into a shell and milking the clock is the best thing you can do for you franchise long term.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"There will now not be a single QB drafted from 2009 to 2016 that is still with their original team(league wide 0-22)."

Boy oh boy I am glad the Bears held onto all those valuable draft picks to fuck up. Who needs proven players when you can gamble with those odds?

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions

I wish. Nagy would have to coach his ass off. Unfortunately, the number crunchers say that making a big move on QB will keep fans happy and buying merchandise. Keeping Nagy insures no real success. I swear if you look at the moves, they WANT mediocre. Like the nerds have said profits are maximized at 9-7 and on the playoff bubble because that is easier to maintain than years of being a contender and not as financially terrible as being out of the playoff race early.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Tighthead prop: Whitehair
Hooker: DC
Loosehead prop: Daniels
Lock: Hicks
Lock: RRH
Flanker: Roquan
Flanker: DT
8 Man: Mack
Scrumhalf: Tarik
Inside Center: Montgomery
Outside Center: Mooney
Wing: Jackson
Wing: Fuller
Flyhalf: Mitch
Fullback: Patterson
Mitch at 10?! Come on mate, you think he’ll read the game better with a slightly different egg?

And fuck lifting Hicks at the line out ?

Reactions: DC

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’ve wondered the rugby concept. Just get a bunch of big bad ass OL, direct snap to a carrier, and rugby scrum as far as possible each play. It would be interesting to see if it would work.
A rolling maul with the ball kept in the middle? I like it! Keep it nice and slow so the defense can’t collapse it

Reactions: DC

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Mitch at 10?! Come on mate, you think he’ll read the game better with a slightly different egg?

And fuck lifting Hicks at the line out ?
You want that tall strength in the Scrums though, lol. We can throw Eddie.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
If you're like me, you're tired of all conversation about the QB. It's just exhausting. Who are they going to sign? What are they going to give away? Maybe they draft a QB? I think the real solution is staring us right in the face: no QB.

That's right, the Bears buck tradition and just do not have a starting QB next season. Now, of course they'll still have 11 players. Let's just sub the QB for a different position. Maybe in one package we have a third tackle? Maybe a fourth running back? 6 wide receiver sets? Fuck yeah!

If they do this right, and win around 10-13 games, the copycat NFL will follow. Not only will the Bears be trendsetters, but think of the cap space they'll be able to save?? Extend A-Rob? Check. Sign JJ Watt? Check. Wanna pair Chris Godwin with ARob? We got the money. You know what sounds better than Roquan and Trevathan as ILBs? Roquan and Lavonte David. Meanwhile, all of these others teams are spending their cap money on the antiquated quarterback position. Finally, once the other 31 teams adopt this philosophy, Pace can move some money around, and they'll be able to sign Mahomes on the cheap as a free agent.

I'm talking a minimum 8-peat. It's a win-win-win situation.

Who is with me?
Something tells me that even if this is the direction the Bears take, they will still "push too hard" and scare this new non position away.

UK_STALEY

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You want that tall strength in the Scrums though, lol. We can throw Eddie.
Kmet or Urban could do a job in the engine room. Mingo at blindside would work as another line out option

DC

Donator
Liked Posts:
Kmet or Urban could do a job in the engine room. Mingo at blindside would work as another line out option
Kmet would be a perfect lock/line out target. Didnt think of him at all. He'd be deadly in a rolling maul as well.