Raiders at Packers this weekend..

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Rodgers getting injured is the only chance the Bears have of winning the division, and likely making the playoffs. The Niners/Seahawks (whoever doesn't win the division) will probably have 10 or 11 wins.

The Bears will be in a race with the NFCE runner up, the Panthers, Vikings and Lions for that last WC place.

The Packers are not dominant by any means and could lose any given week. I could easily see the Vikings or Bears catching them.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Packers are not dominant by any means and could lose any given week. I could easily see the Vikings or Bears catching them.

They're already 3-0 in the division having beaten everyone. They essentially have a three game lead over the Bears if we lose on Sunday. I don't see it.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
They're already 3-0 in the division having beaten everyone. They essentially have a three game lead over the Bears if we lose on Sunday. I don't see it.

If the Bears lose Sunday and the Packers win then yes, obviously that changes things. Bears are favored.

I think this Packers team could lose to anyone. Don’t see a runaway happening.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If the Bears lose Sunday and the Packers win then yes, obviously that changes things. Bears are favored.

I think this Packers team could lose to anyone. Don’t see a runaway happening.

I think the Packers are 75% likely to beat the Raiders while I'd put the Bears chances of beating the Saints at 40% (they're arguably the best team in the NFC).

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I think the Packers are 75% likely to beat the Raiders while I'd put the Bears chances of beating the Saints at 40% (they're arguably the best team in the NFC).
This from 538 which does projections.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/games/

Bears have a 58% chance to win
Packers have a 72% chance to win

Packers right now has a 51% chance to win the division
Bears have a 17% chance to win the division and a 37% chance to make the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
..it'll interesting to see how this one goes. Hoping the punk ass Raiders do GB like they did us: cut (chop?) blocks and run all over them.

Plus one side is seen as dirty, the other coming fresh off a game handed to them by the refs that has everyone talking. Looking forward to it..

over/under on 3 season ending injuries in that game?

These dirty franchises deserve each other and I hope it goes as expected. The Raiders will absolutely try to get physical with them and the Packers are caught without weapons.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This from 538 which does projections.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2019-nfl-predictions/games/

Bears have a 58% chance to win
Packers have a 72% chance to win

Packers right now has a 51% chance to win the division
Bears have a 17% chance to win the division and a 37% chance to make the playoffs.
"NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!"

They happen to be wrong this weekend anyway. Raiders will present major problems for Packers, and the Bears are rested and angry. Trubs gets to be the talisman here.

I have been watching the Saints, and their offense is just managing to do enough against defenses that are not like ours. They may feel a bit of shock and Trubs just needs to get to 20.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Rodgers getting injured is the only chance the Bears have of winning the division, and likely making the playoffs. The Niners/Seahawks (whoever doesn't win the division) will probably have 10 or 11 wins.

The Bears will be in a race with the NFCE runner up, the Panthers, Vikings and Lions for that last WC place.
Panthers have a rough schedule. It would be surprising to see them get more than 9 wins. Bears beat the Vikings and the tie breaker will be ours, or Bears just need to finish with a better division record, and the Vikings are already 0-2 within the division. Lions are not going 8-3 over the rest of the season.

If the Bears win 10 games they'll be in is my bet. Getting to 10 wins is a different story though.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
But they're not at full strength. They haven't played a good team with Bridgewater as starter, and Kamara is likely to not play, Kamara is their #1 or #2 weapon.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It sounds like you lovvveeee the saints getting 3 points ☹.

I'm not into betting, I don't know what that means. I think the Saints will win because they're better at football.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But they're not at full strength. They haven't played a good team with Bridgewater as starter, and Kamara is likely to not play, Kamara is their #1 or #2 weapon.

I know, but they're still winning, and I have absolutely no idea what Bears team is going to show up.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
"NEVER TELL ME THE ODDS!"

They happen to be wrong this weekend anyway. Raiders will present major problems for Packers, and the Bears are rested and angry. Trubs gets to be the talisman here.

I have been watching the Saints, and their offense is just managing to do enough against defenses that are not like ours. They may feel a bit of shock and Trubs just needs to get to 20.
Uh, no it's the right weekend.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I know, but they're still winning, and I have absolutely no idea what Bears team is going to show up.
I agree.

But if the Bears play a good game, I fully expect them to win.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

Hopefully...Plus they have a handful of tough road games to (finally) balance out all the home games (5) they've had so far...

I have no love lost for the Raiders, but thought this was brutal:

" -- The Packers (5-1) are riding high atop the NFC North, due in part to a home-heavy schedule. This will be their fifth home game in seven weeks. After Sunday, they will play just one home game in a span of six weeks.

The Raiders (3-2) don't want to hear about scheduling quirks.

After playing at Minnesota and at Indianapolis to end September, they had a "home" game against Chicago in England. Following a bye last week, the Raiders are back on the road with games at Green Bay and at Houston. Then they will finally get back to Oakland for home games against the Lions, Los Angeles Chargers and Cincinnati Bengals.

"I know you guys have your fifth home game already. I'm jealous," Raiders coach Jon Gruden said of the Packers. "We're in the middle of one of the greatest road trips in the history of football. I'd like to thank everybody for making this possible."
--"

https://news.yahoo.com/road-ready-raiders-hit-green-033917143.html

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Playing an undermanned opponent with extra time to prepare is the type of game the Chicago Bears live to lose. I don’t know how many times we’ve all seen this movie before.

Britbuffguy

Liked Posts:
Rodgers isn't gonna throw the ball into a sea of Raiders players like the great Chase Daniel did though. Also don't think the Packers D will shit the bed like the Bears did either.