Rams could franchise tag Lamarcus Joyner over Sammy Watkins

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NFL.com's Mike Garafolo is also hearing the Rams are leaning towards tagging Joyner, Rappaport mentions Bears and 49ers as potential destination:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-might-tag-lamarcus-joyner-over-sammy-watkins

He's obviously the target if he hits the market. I'd be surprised to see them let him go, though. Giving up a 2nd round pick and player for a 1 year rental on a rebuilding team is a poor use of resources.

Garafolo...

”I don't know about that," an enthusiastic Garafolo said of tagging Watkins. "Hold onto that one. Because based on conversations that I've had with those involved and around the situation, I'm getting the sense that the Rams are looking at Lamarcus Joyner, their safety, as a priority, and he might be the one that winds up getting the tag."

Rapoport...

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport said Watkins would have a "legit market from teams who view him as a No. 1 receiver," noting the San Francisco 49ers and Chicago Bears as possible destinations if Watkins makes it to free agency.