onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
why bother cutler is only getting market value at the qb position really. just watch the qb position is getting increasingly high insane even cutty's deal will look very cheap another season or so from now

He deserves a little less than the current Alex Smith contract due to his career performance

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
why bother cutler is only getting market value at the qb position really. just watch the qb position is getting increasingly high insane even cutty's deal will look very cheap another season or so from now

I hate this argument, it may not be your intention, but it seems like you are trying to justify a horrible contract because of an inflated market? He is getting paid as one of the top QB's in the league and he has played at an average level. His contract is in place and there really isn't much the Bears can do about that now, but we as fans shouldn't just brush off the fact that he is overpaid. If he was playing at a level comparable to the level of pay in terms of top 10 QB pay, then saying he is getting market value is a reasonable argument. If he was being paid like the 15th best QB in the league then I would happily say well he may be overpaid but he is getting his market value.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
He deserves a little less than the current Alex Smith contract due to his career performance

Their pay is essentially the same over the next several years. Cutler's cap hit goes down significantly beginning 2015 to 16-17mil until 2019.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Their pay is essentially the same over the next several years. Cutler's cap hit goes down significantly beginning 2015 to 16-17mil until 2019.

WTF...Alex's Smith is 19 mil guaranteed.

Cutler's is 54 mil

See the difference?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hate this argument, it may not be your intention, but it seems like you are trying to justify a horrible contract because of an inflated market? He is getting paid as one of the top QB's in the league and he has played at an average level. His contract is in place and there really isn't much the Bears can do about that now, but we as fans shouldn't just brush off the fact that he is overpaid. If he was playing at a level comparable to the level of pay in terms of top 10 QB pay, then saying he is getting market value is a reasonable argument. If he was being paid like the 15th best QB in the league then I would happily say well he may be overpaid but he is getting his market value.
I agree qb's are fucking way over payed in todays times and sure cutler is getting his share of it I see this becoming an even bigger problem as less and less day one starter type qb's come out of college. the bears aren't the only team over paying for qb talent though fact is todays market is just gonna get worse and worse as far as cap ate up by the qb position. I think emery was looking long term and seen things like this drafts's qb class and said fuck it ill lock down good until I find better and sure he over payed upfront but in the long haul it was leaving him options and wouldn't look so expensive in the years too come

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like your optimism......

haha yea he thinks he would make it 2 weeks. I liked the guy comin out of the draft but dam way too injury prone no ty

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I've been fairly quiet on this whole topic, but ultimately, that's how I hope it plays out,too. Get a power back to split reps w/Forte, beef the o-line upin the draft, and live with a power running game for the base offense, then cut Cutler after next year, draft a QB and let the rookie learn. When all else fails, run it down their throats.

Well, Trestman seemed to forget we had a running game at all at times. John Fox teams have been able to run the ball pretty well over the years. The not so crazy thing is that we might actually be able to open up the passing game as a result. Dallas was able to do some pretty good things with Romo this past season. It would be cool if we could get some of that in Chicago. I want to see a new center and get the right tackle situation sorted out.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
I dont get this belief in asking jay to do less somehow making a difference. Unless, you can devise a game plan where Jay pretty much never has to actually throw the ball.

Its like a number of you decided to erase the lovie years from your memories. Jay wasnt asked to do much under lovie, just convert the occasional third down, capitalize on the D setting him up in the opponents territory, and protect the ball. Alas, lovie asked to much. In the end hes to incompetent to even be an effective game manager. lol

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I dont get this belief in asking jay to do less somehow making a difference. Unless, you can devise a game plan where Jay pretty much never has to actually throw the ball.

Its like a number of you decided to erase the lovie years from your memories. Jay wasnt asked to do much under lovie, just convert the occasional third down, capitalize on the D setting him up in the opponents territory, and protect the ball. Alas, lovie asked to much. In the end hes to incompetent to even be an effective game manager. lol

Is it possible that Fox is a superior coach, or that we have a better cast of assistant coaches? It's possible right? I'm pretty sure "stubborn" Jay understands he's going to be riding a bench or searching for work elsewhere if this doesn't work out. I would say there is plenty of incentive for him to buy in very quickly. Ultimately I just want to see the team win. Because Jay Cutler is most likely our starter next year, I'm rooting for him and anyone else wearing the C on their helmets.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Umm...you missed the point?

Sent from my toilet using Tapatalk - now Free

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
:facepalm:

Emery had a 5 year contract but was fired after 3 due in large part to his decision on Cutler. If they keep Cutler around for the next 2 seasons they might as well of just fucking kept Emery.

I refuse to believe Pace is dumb enough to hitch his wagon to Cutler after replacing a guy that was just fired because of Cutler. I have to believe like most GM's he's going to want to get his own guy in here as quickly as possible.

I would think Pace is smart enough to not do anything with Jay until he has some talent lined up to replace or challenge Jay.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cutler will be on the team next year unless Pace finds someone dumb enough to trade for him. There are too many other issues on the roster to worry about QB given Cutler's contract any subsequent salary cap hit. Pace and 9 out of ten cantaloups are smart enough to know that Cutler isn't the answer and they need to get someone else as soon as they can find a replacement and can afford to cut him.