Random Natinals Thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Sori leading off again anyone? Wheels still working.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sori leading off again anyone? Wheels still working.
I'm actually more thinking flip-flopping him and Rizzo. Put 3B platoon in the two spot and Castro batting fifth to round out the lineup.

Kevin Gregg with the chance to save a stolen win.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Suzuki ran up for arguing balls and strikes. Gregg is a strike throwing machine. What strange alochol fueled world is this where Kevin Gregg is an effective closer?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
[video=youtube;A9XtDyDUjIU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9XtDyDUjIU[/video]

Reactions: X

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cubs just won two of three from the best team in the NL last year with better fundamental play. Am I that drunk?

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Cubs just won two of three from the best team in the NL last year with better fundamental play. Am I that drunk?

Not as drunk as John Lackey was in 2011 :smug:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like fried chicken. Someone make the next thread :woot:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm actually more thinking flip-flopping him and Rizzo. Put 3B platoon in the two spot and Castro batting fifth to round out the lineup.

Kevin Gregg with the chance to save a stolen win.

I would love to see him lead off again just to see if he can heat up off of some first pitch fastballs again. Soriano, Burbon, Castro, Rizzo, Schierholtz, Castillo, Valbuena (2B), Ransom (3B). Just to get some spark at the top. Barney is a UI. Dejesus solid OBA not a good catalyst

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
We go from being perfected to winning. Amazing.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would love to see him lead off again just to see if he can heat up off of some first pitch fastballs again. Soriano, Burbon, Castro, Rizzo, Schierholtz, Castillo, Valbuena (2B), Ransom (3B). Just to get some spark at the top. Barney is a UI. Dejesus solid OBA not a good catalyst

The biggest variable in scoring and not scoring in an inning is getting the leadoff guy on base. DeJesus does that in spades, and that is why I will bat him, against righties, in the one spot every time with this cast.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Castro has a career sub .220 AVG in the 2 spot. I dont understand why Sveum bats him there. He evidentally does not hit well in the spot. 5th or 1st would be my suggestions. DeJesus would be good in the 2 in my opinion because he takes pitches and could allow Castro to run. DeJesus cant run well so I dont know. It just makes sense to me. I just think Castro needs to get out of the 2.

mountsalami

Liked Posts:
The biggest variable in scoring and not scoring in an inning is getting the leadoff guy on base. DeJesus does that in spades, and that is why I will bat him, against righties, in the one spot every time with this cast.

It's highly unlikely, that David DeJesus would lead-off an inning anymore than maybe twice in a ballgame. DeJesus sucks but looks wonderful on a team being slightly better than most of the bench players fielded.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's highly unlikely, that David DeJesus would lead-off an inning anymore than maybe twice in a ballgame. DeJesus sucks but looks wonderful on a team being slightly better than most of the bench players fielded.

DeJesus gives you a professional at bat every time. He is not a world beater, but I like him as a player. He is the most steady player we have.

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
If the leadoff hitter isn't leading off innings why is it important that they are a "catalyst" then?

Ultimately the goal in baseball is to avoid outs and so if I had a choice in lineup construction I would put the players that avoid outs at a higher rate at the top of the lineup.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Good argument. My main point was to get Sori heated up by air mailing the first pitch of the game again. OBA is a strong lead off tool. But the goal is to get the lead off to score. HR does that also. On Castro I would want him into a RBI spot. Now with Burbon. He has some wheels and I wouldn't mind seeing if he could become a longer term option. I'd look to trade Dejesus while his value is peaking. His SLG is bound to fall back to norm