Random Post Day One Thoughts

Bort

Liked Posts:
Two first round draft picks were spent on Watson. I don't think your low opinion of him is unanimous among NFL execs by any means.

I don't see how thinking Watson was a probable first round pick constitutes a "low opinion of him." I had Watson as the 3rd best QB prospect in the draft after Mahomes and Trubisky, and the 2nd best prospect on Clemson after Mike Williams, and that's exactly how things shook out in the draft...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you are saying Pace actually leveraged the Bears proximity to the #2 pick to pay a historically low premium (additional cost to equal draft value) to move up into the top 2 to get the #1 QB.

NIIIIICCCCEEEEE!!!!!

Lol no I'm saying if he had stayed at 3 he probably still gets Trubisky because SF was not going to trade back to 12 or worse.

Having said that don't have a problem with him not being willing to take that risk.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol no I'm saying if he had stayed at 3 he probably still gets Trubisky because SF was not going to trade back to 12 or worse.

Having said that don't have a problem with him not being willing to take that risk.

again this is pure speculation on your part of SF not moving back...if they got a better offer they would have moved back...that is the whole point of a better offer....the Bears gave a better offer.....there were confirmed multiple offers......good news for the Bears ids that it was easier for them to give a better offer....

your narrative of SF not wanting to move out too far is just you guessing.....If Cleveland had offered #12, next years first and second rounder, SF may have budged...then the Bears would have had egg on their face if they decided to stand pat.....

The Bears got aggressive and got the guy they wanted.

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
I find it amazing that so many people can be so happy and others so mad today. It really is kind of funny.

The people that are mad are the ones that didn't want a QB@3 anyway.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
One thing that stands out to me is that the more film I watched on Watson, the more convinced I became that Mike Williams was Clemson's best player, not Watson. The NFL GMs seemed to agree with me, with Mike Williams going at #7 overall to the Chargers and Watson going at #12 overall to the Texans.

I also had Mahomes and Trubisky being the 2 elite quarterback prospects in the draft, with Watson being the only other potential first rounder, which the GMs also seemed to agree with (although Watson went a little higher than I expected, and I had Mahomes going top 5 rather than top 10, but it was overall pretty close).

Your QB evaluations were well thought out and comprehensive. Nice job...

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
again this is pure speculation on your part of SF not moving back...if they got a better offer they would have moved back...that is the whole point of a better offer....the Bears gave a better offer.....there were confirmed multiple offers......good news for the Bears ids that it was easier for them to give a better offer....

your narrative of SF not wanting to move out too far is just you guessing.....If Cleveland had offered #12, next years first and second rounder, SF may have budged...then the Bears would have had egg on their face if they decided to stand pat.....

The Bears got aggressive and got the guy they wanted.

Again we are all speculating because none of us knows what was offered so not sure your point. Your speculation isn't any better than mine so you speculate based on your thought process and I'll speculate according to mine.

Teams didn't just need to beat the Bears offer, they needed to also compensate SF for losing out on Thomas or a top 5 player. So the offer would have to be massive and obviously it wasn't and Pace would know that because he was getting the same calls.

You are assuming SF had to make a deal. They didn't. It is almost certain that one of the later teams had to have offered a first round pick. If you are talking 3rd and 4th rounders instead of the 1st round pick then obviously they valued Thomas a lot more. SF just convinced Pace they didn't like Thomas as much as they did which is why Pace didn't want to take the risk.

None of your speculation is going to change my speculation so unless you actually have info on the exact offers made by other teams we simply aren't going to agree.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The people that are mad are the ones that didn't want a QB@3 anyway.

Or this QB at 3. You know, we could of had Watson by not moving up so why would we have to move up for Trubisky. Never mind that Cleveland had lots of ammo, considered him for the 1st pick and passed on the other QBs when they failed to get him. SF has said they were in trade down mode for a month but now that we made this move, the dissatisfied are certain they wouldn't have traded down beyond #3. They also said they took the best offer, not that only one they'd accept. Fuck the things said by the parties involved. Fuck logic. Fuck reason.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears were rumored to be trading down too so all you are doing is assuming that the Bears are the only team that spreads misinformation.

We saw other teams get first round picks to move down so obviously SF had to be offered 1st round picks. So the minute they even entertained the Bears offer that would be a signal to the Bears they don't really want to move down too far as if they were willing to do so they would have taken the 1st round picks.

We agree the Bears was the best offer because they had no desire to drop too far down. Theirs was the best offer because it allowed SF to pick up picks and still get the guy the wanted. What made them the best was the 3rd pick not the other picks because obviously other teams had to have offered more than 3rd and 4th round picks.