Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Your opinion.

Is Phil #1, or is Phil only there because he could handle the Jordan ego? This is the most popular debate of the list. But lets say for simplicity, he just gets #1, and we skip over to hash the rest out.

My personal list. And I'm not going to be a jerk and pick apart your lists. So go head and make your own list. I want to see how things differ for each Bulls fan.

#1. Phil Jackson - For that reason, I think he was needed for the time period, and surrounded by clipboard legends. No Phil, maybe a team without an elite Big-Man doesn't win(the argument of the era).So wanting to move on...

#2. Thibs
#3. Motta
#4. Red
#5. Billy
#6. Skiles
#7. Collins
#8. VDN
#9. Sloan
#10. Badger
#11. Lock
#12. Hoiboy
#13. Cartwright

The rest are just bad HC experiments, or were part of hopeless teams. Cartright being last here isn't meant to be an insult to him. He's obviously been on the short end of bad projects, but in reality, he's been a good member of the staff for a long while. Just not great enough to make a lemonade out of lemons.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’d prolly put Collins and Skiles ahead of Billy D, maybe VDN too

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Curious why Billy is #5 on your list. He is currently 142-146 with the Bulls with 3 current/former all-stars. He’s probably the biggest underachiever the Bulls have had

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The BD tenure is marred by lack of success given the talent, but we also got to give him credit for turning Coby from a "trade this guy now" guy into a valuable player this season. I'd still rank Skiles above him myself for getting better results out of arguably less talent compared to BD.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Your opinion.

Is Phil #1, or is Phil only there because he could handle the Jordan ego? This is the most popular debate of the list. But lets say for simplicity, he just gets #1, and we skip over to hash the rest out.

My personal list. And I'm not going to be a jerk and pick apart your lists. So go head and make your own list. I want to see how things differ for each Bulls fan.

#1. Phil Jackson - For that reason, I think he was needed for the time period, and surrounded by clipboard legends. No Phil, maybe a team without an elite Big-Man doesn't win(the argument of the era).So wanting to move on...

#2. Thibs
#3. Motta
#4. Red
#5. Billy
#6. Skiles
#7. Collins
#8. VDN
#9. Sloan
#10. Badger
#11. Lock
#12. Hoiboy
#13. Cartwright

The rest are just bad HC experiments, or were part of hopeless teams. Cartright being last here isn't meant to be an insult to him. He's obviously been on the short end of bad projects, but in reality, he's been a good member of the staff for a long while. Just not great enough to make a lemonade out of lemons.
Curious on why you'd rate Red Kerr #4? I mean he was the first coach of the Bulls, who somehow made the playoffs with a 33-48 and then an even worse 29-53 record (NBA sent 8 teams to the playoffs in a 10 team in 66-67 and then 12 team league in 67-68). Granted the Bulls were an expansion team thus the talent was shitty those two years, but again, Kerr coached a total of two seasons for the Bulls, neither were .500 basketball and I just not sure why you'd rank him over Billy, Skiles, or Collins.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Curious on why you'd rate Red Kerr #4? I mean he was the first coach of the Bulls, who somehow made the playoffs with a 33-48 and then an even worse 29-53 record (NBA sent 8 teams to the playoffs in a 10 team in 66-67 and then 12 team league in 67-68). Granted the Bulls were an expansion team thus the talent was shitty those two years, but again, Kerr coached a total of two seasons for the Bulls, neither were .500 basketball and I just not sure why you'd rank him over Billy, Skiles, or Collins.

Because the Zephyrs/Packers and Stags(who were good) failed in this city. Kerr is the only reason the franchise stuck. He sold basketball to the city of Chicago, and really, he has the case for #2.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I just remember Thibs for running Derrick Rose into the ground like Dusty did to Mark Prior