Ranking the NFL's Top "Triplets"

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I'd figure
Cousins last year = Comp % = 70.1, 4298 yards, 30 TDs, 10 Ints, 268.6 YPG, 99.7 QB Rating, 60.6 QBR.

Looks like they got very comparable production from the QB spot. I don't think you can pin their regression solely on Cousins.
If Trubisky put up those numbers, everyone on this board would be stoked. That said, those stats don't tell the whole narrative. Cousins really does fold under pressure big time.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'd figure

If Trubisky put up those numbers, everyone on this board would be stoked. That said, those stats don't tell the whole narrative. Cousins really does fold under pressure big time.
If trubisky put up those numbers but failed to win a game against a team with a winning record and didn't make the playoffs after the team he is on went last year folks would be calling for his head

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sorry to derail the mole eye thread.

Does anyone think Cohen will get more carries than Montgomery? I think Cohen will line up all over the field, some in the backfield, more in the slot or outside.

Calling the Bears "Triplets" Maserati Mitch, Robinson, and Cohen, IMO opinion discredits the rest of his Bears opinions. Rating the Vikings ahead of the Rams is insane.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Does anyone think Cohen will get more carries than Montgomery? I think Cohen will line up all over the field, some in the backfield, more in the slot or outside.

Calling the Bears "Triplets" Maserati Mitch, Robinson, and Cohen, IMO opinion discredits the rest of his Bears opinions. Rating the Vikings ahead of the Rams is insane.

Oh i stopped reading after the vikings entry. Right now im trying to figure out why @Pegger is white knighting for a bad QB

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If trubisky put up those numbers but failed to win a game against a team with a winning record and didn't make the playoffs after the team he is on went last year folks would be calling for his head

Even though we lost thanks to Parkey, Trubisky showed more in the 4th quarter of a very big game than either Cousins or Stafford have ever shown in a big game.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

Trubisky "almost" got as many carries as Cohen. I mean this semantically.

If Howard wasn't a good fit but still beat out Cohen by a wide margin, he certainly isn't get to get more meaningful carries with two guys supposedly a better fit in the line up.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd figure

If Trubisky put up those numbers this year you'd have ppl claiming he's better than Rodgers and a top 3 QB in the league.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even though we lost thanks to Parkey, Trubisky showed more in the 4th quarter of a very big game than either Cousins or Stafford have ever shown in a big game.

Yeah, but football games are 4 quarters and 15 points is pathetic.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Oh i stopped reading after the vikings entry. Right now im trying to figure out why @Pegger is white knighting for a bad QB
He's not a bad QB! Is he top 10? No. Is he bottom 10? Definately not. He's in that middle section where a team can win with him, but other units have to be the driver, not him. Think Peyton with the Broncos. He totally sucked, but was good enough to win.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I'd figure

Honestly. I expect Mitch to be around those marks next season and will be disappointed if he isn’t. It’s time for him to prove himself

Reactions: DC

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Not really. Cousins and Goff are a wash so far for me. Gurley obviously > Cook but Diggs > Cooks IMO

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The trio that matters!
Screen_Shot_2018_01_09_at_2.05.39_PM.0.jpg

I see two bums in that photograph.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not really. Cousins and Goff are a wash so far for me. Gurley obviously > Cook but Diggs > Cooks IMO

Cousins, 6 years in the league, playoff games won, zero. If what you are looking for is regular season stats he's your guy.

Goff, 3 years in the league, one Super Bowl appearance. Not a wash IMO.

The Gurley Cook thing is a joke, night and day.

Also why did you pick Diggs, the writer correctly picked Thielen.

Diggs 102 R 1021 yards 10.0 YPC

Cooks 80 R 1204 yards 15.1 YPC

10.0 YPC, what is he a tight end? Kyle Roudolf has had a higher average in 3 different seasons, and last season he had 9.9 YPC in the same offense. The big old slow TE had the same YPC as your triplet.

Thielen is a much better receiver, 2 straight pro bowls.

Thielen 113 R 1373 yards 12.2 YPC. I'll give him the edge over Cooks, but over all, Rams > Vikes.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Cousins, 6 years in the league, playoff games won, zero. If what you are looking for is regular season stats he's your guy.

Goff, 3 years in the league, one Super Bowl appearance. Not a wash IMO.

The Gurley Cook thing is a joke, night and day.

Also why did you pick Diggs, the writer correctly picked Thielen.

Diggs 102 R 1021 yards 10.0 YPC

Cooks 80 R 1204 yards 15.1 YPC

10.0 YPC, what is he a tight end? Kyle Roudolf has had a higher average in 3 different seasons, and last season he had 9.9 YPC in the same offense. The big old slow TE had the same YPC as your triplet.

Thielen is a much better receiver, 2 straight pro bowls.

Thielen 113 R 1373 yards 12.2 YPC. I'll give him the edge over Cooks, but over all, Rams > Vikes.
Goff was also trash in that super bowl in which he should never have been in the first place. I’m still not sold on Goff. Cooks had 200 more yards but Diggs had 4 more TDs. Give me the 4 more TDs everyday. Also I think brandin cooks is one of the most overrated WRs in the NFL.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Goff was also trash in that super bowl in which he should never have been in the first place. I’m still not sold on Goff. Cooks had 200 more yards but Diggs had 4 more TDs. Give me the 4 more TDs everyday. Also I think brandin cooks is one of the most overrated WRs in the NFL.

1. Get back to me when Cousins beats a winning team, wins a big game, or any playoff game, the guys a chocker.
2. Why are you still going on about Diggs, he's not even the best receiver on his own team.
3. Congrats on not touching the Gurley Cook mismatch, that is not a winner for you.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Sorry but Goff> Cousins everyday. Im not sure how many times you watched Goff since Mcvay took over but the kid can play and his years wins in big games. I will admit i mocked Goff and the Rams because the bears made them look awful and of course they were trash in the Superbowl but there is zero comparison between him and cousins