Rapaport: Pace likely to get contract extension

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
And with the contract we really couldn't have until this year. Although as I pointed out somewhere, the Glennon contract equaled cutting Cutler in 2016 and going with a Hoyer type, but getting the rookie in 2016 would've cost more for the pick.

What I see the Trubisky pick costing was 18 million dollars, plus the picks he gave up to move up the one spot nobody was bidding on.

Lets get that straight, it was a plan to sign glennon to a guaranteed contract to show the rest of the league that we were not going QB early. Those picks were the third rounder #67, the fourth rounder #111 and lets not forget the third rounder in 2018. That was the master plan for something that did not need to be done. Lets not let Pace off the hook so easy for this one when his third rounders are the productive picks.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
What I see the Trubisky pick costing was 18 million dollars, plus the picks he gave up to move up the one spot nobody was bidding on.

Lets get that straight, it was a plan to sign glennon to a guaranteed contract to show the rest of the league that we were not going QB early. Those picks were the third rounder #67, the fourth rounder #111 and lets not forget the third rounder in 2018. That was the master plan for something that did not need to be done. Lets not let Pace off the hook so easy for this one when his third rounders are the productive picks.

Let's get this straight, let's is a contraction of "let us", let means allow, or lets means allows. So "allows get that straight" or "let us get that straight"?
And if signing Glennon for $18M 1 year contract was to fool the league why is it most of CCS breathed a sigh of relief when we found out it was a 1 year contract with an option because we knew that meant we were going to try for a QB in the draft? Maybe the Bears should be interviewing us for the HC job.

I'm not sure what you are talking about with the picks. I was saying to draft a QB (Wentz or Goff) in 2016 would've cost a lot more in picks if it was even possible to pay enough to get those two teams off their QBs.
But to cut Cutler in 2016, which was said to be too expensive of a hit was no more of a hit than to sign Glennon, which was just as much wasted cap as it is to cut a player.