HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
After seeing the sort of talent Pace has identified and gotten with 4th and 5th round picks, no shot. Keep your draft picks.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not a chance.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
You realize you can tag him and get a longer contract started...

So you'd guarantee a guy with 2 strikes $16-17mil for one year? And not even a guy who's ever been a #1 WR. And give up a 4th.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
So you'd guarantee a guy with 2 strikes $16-17mil for one year? And not even a guy who's ever been a #1 WR. And give up a 4th.

Yea because if he does end up getting suspended you don't have to pay him and the money stays on the books. remember when AJ got suspended?

Dick Jauron

2001 AP Coach of the Year
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am mixed on Bryant. He's shown flashes of big play potential. Then there are games when he's done nothing. Not only that, he's been a head case as you guys have pointed out.

I'd sign him to an one-year deal if released. If trade, then no higher than 6th.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Yea because if he does end up getting suspended you don't have to pay him and the money stays on the books. remember when AJ got suspended?

Nah, then you just lose him for good and also lose what you already paid when he was suspended. Just by itself, paying him $16 mil a year is crazy. He wouldn't get half that on the open market. He's not an elite player by any means. And you're out a 4th rounder.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
considering the roster and fa class... 4th doesnt sound ridiculous.. id give up a 5th all day dough..

That's how I feel. He's such a dynamic playmaker. It would be on Nagy to determine if he could keep him happy and off the weed. I doubt the Bears would make such a bold move, but I'd definitely do my homework on him.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Bryant is not worth $16m a year on the tag. They may need to tag Goldman.

He's not now. But he's also not a free agent to be now. If a team trades for Bryant, and he's good enough that you want to keep around, then you franchise him. Not many WRs are worth 16Mil/year, but if a team even considers the franchise tag with him this time next year, it's probably because he had a really good season.

A year ago, Fuller was not worth $14Mil for the franchise tag. But he was good enough this season that the Bears shouldn't want to lose him for nothing. It's not like the Bears would be franchising Bryant and still waiting for his breakout season. He will need to have broken out to be considered for the tag.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Bryant is not worth $16m a year on the tag. They may need to tag Goldman.

I doubt with the money they have they will have any issue extending Goldman. I expect he will be this years Hicks and Leno and sign in camp.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am mixed on Bryant. He's shown flashes of big play potential. Then there are games when he's done nothing. Not only that, he's been a head case as you guys have pointed out.

I'd sign him to an one-year deal if released. If trade, then no higher than 6th.

Pretty much agree but I might be willing to give up a 4 or 5 if he interviewed well...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have no idea what you trade for this guy. None.

He is worth more than a 4th for the Steelers is he not?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goldman can't stay healthy

Goldman has played three years...two of the years he appreared in 15 games...one year he was injured half the year......I wouldn't qualify that as "can't stay healthy"

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
*Trade: The Chicago Bears trade 2[39] to the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2[60], 5th round pick and WR Martavis Bryant. This would value out Bryant in the 3rd round.

1[8] OLB Trumaine Edmunds [Virginia Tech]

2[60] WR D.J Chark [LSU] *Need someone to step in if Bryant flakes out and adds even more speed.

4. CB Jordan Wyatt [SMU]

4. WR Keke Couttee [Texas A&M]

5. NT Kendric Norton [Miami]

5. OT Will Richardson [NC State]

6. OG Austin Gossett [App St]

7. RB Darrell Williams [LSU]

WR Core

1. Meredith, White
2. Bryant, Chark
3. Wright. Coutee

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
imo steelers are looking for a 3rd and i dont see any team paying that, they could settle for a 4th and a conditional 5th in 2019 based on if bryant stays clean.