Rasheem green vs tevis fapson

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Nobody wants to say it, so I will. (Bears were dumb to cut him). There was no reason for it. Not gonna make or break us but a good depth piece with upside. Young too. Would be decent with good players around him so he can get 1 on 1s some.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Did you see that double team rate? Actually insane
I stated my view clearly and none of it amounted to being a stan or even caring that much that he was cut.
Focus your pointless drama at something not self-imagined

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
NFL analytics are fucking Special person. There is a way to distort whatever you want with whatever corky metric you desire.
To a large extent yes. But to what extent there is any bias or major flaws with this chart neither of us has any idea. I am adding a little balance to the narrative to keep things in perspective. But people can say whatever they like and I will say what i choose and i will not spend too much time trying to find a middle ground if people want to do them. Fine with me.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only thing I gathered off that chart is that the white guy from the lions is barely better than a guy the bears just cut.
That white guy on the Lions was a rookie who also happened to have 4 picks, jeez you're a douche

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I stated my view clearly and none of it amounted to being a stan or even caring that much that he was cut.
Focus your pointless drama at something not self-imagined

“His overall run stop per snap rate is 5.5%, which had him 70th amongst 73 qualified rushers. This is obviously bad. In the first half of the season, he was at 7.5%, which still was 54th. So, it was better, but still below average. The reality is that had a run stop per snap rate of 4.8% in the second half of the season, which would have been 71st. So, that pulled him down to 70th overall, although he was not strong in this area, to begin with.”

So in the end Gipson is a terrible run stopper, one of the worst in the league, and he is a mediocre pass rusher in the best case scenario.

When you consider that green is an absolute killer, and Lewis is a far better pass rusher, and dom rob has some type of upside, it’s a literal no braner.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:

“His overall run stop per snap rate is 5.5%, which had him 70th amongst 73 qualified rushers. This is obviously bad. In the first half of the season, he was at 7.5%, which still was 54th. So, it was better, but still below average. The reality is that had a run stop per snap rate of 4.8% in the second half of the season, which would have been 71st. So, that pulled him down to 70th overall, although he was not strong in this area, to begin with.”

So in the end Gipson is a terrible run stopper, one of the worst in the league, and he is a mediocre pass rusher in the best case scenario.

When you consider that green is an absolute killer, and Lewis is a far better pass rusher, and dom rob has some type of upside, it’s a literal no braner.

I was gonna roll with that but t I just googled and ESPN has Gipson with the #6 best run stop % for DE in the NFL last year at 29%.
Crazy discrepancy but not suprisingly bearsgoggles does not cite their source so not sure where they are getting their stats from.

NFL pass-rushing, run-stopping, blocking leaderboard: Win rate rankings for 2022

I cannot argue with the rest except for Green. He did not nothing in whatever time he had in pre-season. His best play I saw was him put on a beautiful spin move and end up right at the QB but he had to pause to seemingly figure out where he was by then the QB escaped the pocket (only watched once in real time but looked like a lack of awareness). The stats say he had 2 assisted tackles all preseason while Gibson dominated for long stretches.

Green is an interesting prospect and they like him better for whatever reason. End of the day, Green or Gipson, i don't think it will show up in the win loss column. I am actually fine with the decision, I just don't think Gipson is the chump that people make him out to be.

Last edited:

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This all seems like a lot of hot air now that gipson is gone. Instead of gaslighting alan williams, let’s hope that Dominique robinson can light it up

Last edited:

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
This all seems like a lot of hot air now that gipson is gone. Instead of gaslighting alan williams, let’s hope that Dominique robinson can blow up together
I don't know who's voice was listened to in deciding which DEs to cut but it would be a cat-astrophe if Robinson continues to be invisble.
Never seen a player shine so much in his first game just to disappear for the next 16.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
So we can all agree, Gipson leaving is a travesty?

He is #6 in after-play intensity
He is #8 in win rate above reality
He is #3 in truck stopping
He is #1 in after-the-play is over encouragements to teammates
He is #12 almost sacks

The guy was the life blood of this team. If anyone wants a graph of that, let me know.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
NFL analytics are fucking Special person. There is a way to distort whatever you want with whatever corky metric you desire.
Dont think anyone is distorting anything to aid Gipson.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was gonna roll with that but t I just googled and ESPN has Gipson with the #6 best run stop % for DE in the NFL last year at 29%.
Crazy discrepancy but not suprisingly bearsgoggles does not cite their source so not sure where they are getting their stats from.

NFL pass-rushing, run-stopping, blocking leaderboard: Win rate rankings for 2022

I cannot argue with the rest except for Green. He did not nothing in whatever time he had in pre-season. His best play I saw was him put on a beautiful spin move and end up right at the QB but he had to pause to seemingly figure out where he was by then the QB escaped the pocket (only watched once in real time but looked like a lack of awareness). The stats say he had 2 assisted tackles all preseason while Gibson dominated for long stretches.

Green is an interesting prospect and they like him better for whatever reason. End of the day, Green or Gipson, i don't think it will show up in the win loss column. I am actually fine with the decision, I just don't think Gipson is the chump that people make him out to be.
They have hundreds if not thousands of reps in practice so dont think they are judging based on just 47 snaps in games.