Rasual Butler confirmed to sign with Bulls (article)

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Agent confirms Rasual Butler headed to Bulls

Kurt Helin
Mar 2, 2011, 11:47 AM EST

Rasual-Butler-_20100728211644_660_320.JPG

The Bulls are going to get a little more depth at the wing — as expected Rasual Butler will sign with Chicago once he clears waivers.

Butler’s agent Andy Miller confirmed that to CSN Chicago’s Aggrey Sam Wednesday.

Butler was bought out by the Los Angeles Clippers as they want to give minutes to younger players such as Al-Farouq Aminu.

Butler will bring some more depth to the wing, but the Bulls did not land a guy who is going to be a dramatic upgrade from what they have now.
Butler is shooting 32.3 percent overall this season, 32.6 percent from three and actually has a worse PER than Keith Bogans. If he gets in a rhythm in the Bulls offense he can shoot better than those numbers — he has shot as well as 39 percent from three for a season, but never better than 43.3 percent overall. Basically, he’s not a better shooter than Kyle Korver.

Chicago was right to be patient, not to mortgage the future to get a wing at the trade deadline. Butler may be the best option they have. The Bulls have not pushed hard to go after Corey Brewer because of his lack of an outside shot.

SOURCE: Agent confirms Rasual Butler headed to Bulls | ProBasketballTalk

------------------------------------------------------

Discuss! :thinking:

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This guy isn't the difference between being a championship contender and not being one. It doesn't hurt to have more depth in wing scoring so I'll take it.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
it's hard to be excited, however, i'm glad that we didn't make a move that would make me upset.

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Yeah, this is a no harm, no foul move. It can only help to add depth.

sach1

Liked Posts:
Now He and Bogans can have their own shooting competition during practice.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Nice pick up, and we didnt have to trade anyone

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Meh. Can't complain though.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Well, lets hope in the future the Bulls make the most of the "non-move"...the Mayo trade is what I am talking about. The only good thing about not making the Gasol trade years ago was that the Bulls wouldn't have gotten Noah...moves like Butler move is not a big deal. Doesn't help...doesn't hurt...

Chi-Town Brahma

Liked Posts:
Well, lets hope in the future the Bulls make the most of the "non-move"...the Mayo trade is what I am talking about. The only good thing about not making the Gasol trade years ago was that the Bulls wouldn't have gotten Noah...moves like Butler move is not a big deal. Doesn't help...doesn't hurt...

Good Point.

Plus, there is always the off-season to acquire Mayo, or a guy like him around draft time or when free agency hits.