Ratliff: "Felt Like Killing Everybody In The Building"

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...iah-ratliff-death-threats-20151030-story.html

Sounds like that firefighter story is true.

Former Chicago Bears defensive lineman Jeremiah Ratliff made death threats and claimed to be the devil during multiple visits to team headquarters on Oct. 21, according to the report released Friday by the Lake Forest Police Department.

Ratliff showed up at Halas Hall in no condition to work on the morning of Oct. 21, multiple people familiar with the situation have said. After Ratliff was sent home, the Bears decided to cut the four-time Pro Bowler.

After Ratliff was informed of his release, he returned to team headquarters, parked outside the security gate and came onto the property on foot, saying he needed to gather his belongings.

According to the police report, Ratliff at one point said “he felt like killing everybody in the building.”

Ratliff left with his belongings without further incident. However, he returned to Halas Hall a short time later, saying he needed to retrieve his cell phone, according to the report. During that visit, he said, “I am the devil” and that he “wished staff member’s children would die.”

The Bears asked Ratliff to leave the property and not return. They called police to request additional security, partly because they believed Ratliff owns multiple firearms, the report says.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
:smh:

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Knows his career is over and now has to actually live within his means. That's why he is pissed off and mad at world. Ratliff has to get a real job instead of living a fantasy life.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
New job as gun salesman?

Or motivational speaker?

Writes preface in Trestman's next book?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Damn that's crazy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Fully expect this guy to be in prison a year from now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Roid rage!

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
Knows his career is over and now has to actually live within his means. That's why he is pissed off and mad at world. Ratliff has to get a real job instead of living a fantasy life.

Clearly, he's an alcoholic. He's played in the NFL a long time- and at a tough position. Wonder if he is battling chronic pain or some other debilitating condition. If he saved his pennies- he won't ever have to work again.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Clearly, he's an alcoholic. He's played in the NFL a long time- and at a tough position. Wonder if he is battling chronic pain or some other debilitating condition. If he saved his pennies- he won't ever have to work again.
I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem like the type that would make good financial decisions. I don't know about the rest, but it doesn't excuse that level of threat.