RB Room

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Johnson is the slowest back the bears have. I'm not interested in him being a lead back in his bears tenure, he's fine for depth.

I'm hoping they find another good rb in rd 4
I like for his short area quickness. He’s a very patient runner and likes to wait for the hole to open at times. He played the same way at Texas. Hell never be elite but he should be a valuable rotational piece.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't think Herbert has really had much of a chance since coming back from injury

None of the backs really get fed as much as they should. They don't let them get into a groove imo and maybe they just want this as a by committee approach

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What is CCS's pulse on the current RB platoon? Good enough? Missing something?

Between Foreman, Herbert and Roschon - they have 234 carries for 1008 yards - 4.3 avg YPC. This is better than I thought it would be.

49 catches for 311 yards.

Foreman will be a FA. Bears have Herbert for one more season and Roschon under control through 2026.

Herbert just doesn't look the same after coming back from his injury imo. Based on the eye test, I feel Foreman has likely been the best RB - is he worth brining back on a two year contract or should they let Roschon fill that role?

Personally, I think they are missing something. While the running back by committee approach has been sufficient, they need some sort of speed/pass catcher back there and it doesn't seem like Herbert is going to be that guy. I'd be fine if they ran it back with this group for 2024 given other needs, but if Poles can identify someone more electric in the draft in the 3rd/4th/5th - could be a better plan moving forward. What say you CCS?

I’d like to see Foreman back for a year and then use that extra 2nd next year from CAR to draft an elite RB. That way you have “fresh legs” when this should all be coming together. At least that’s how the plan comes together in my head.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ekeler would be a great fit. Shouldn’t break the bank with the RB market and Bears got the bread. He’s also QBs bff as you can dump it off to for cheap yards. Poles off-season is going to be fascinating.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
RB room has done well considering that there isn’t an actual NFL quality center on the roster. Fix that before investing anything more in RB.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:

Between Foreman, Herbert and Roschon - they have 234 carries for 1008 yards - 4.3 avg YPC. This is better than I thought it would be.

Foreman will be a FA. Bears have Herbert for one more season and Roschon under control through 2026.

Herbert just doesn't look the same after coming back from his injury imo. Based on the eye test, I feel Foreman has likely been the best RB - is he worth brining back on a two year contract or should they let Roschon fill that role?

Personally, I think they are missing something. While the running back by committee approach has been sufficient, they need some sort of speed/pass catcher back there and it doesn't seem like Herbert is going to be that guy. I'd be fine if they ran it back with this group for 2024 given other needs, but if Poles can identify someone more electric in the draft in the 3rd/4th/5th - could be a better plan moving forward. What say you CCS?
I would not brine Foreman overnight, let alone for 2 years, but, then again, I am not a chef. Better to have one of the resident chef's answer that question.

As for a speed back, I was all for Achane last draft. A speedy receiving RB is rare, so it would be nice if the Bears could find one in this years draft.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I like Evans a lot, did he piss in someone's cereal? The problem with all three of our current backs is they all suck in pass protection. In all seriousness, they should have kept Monty, signed Foreman and not drafted Johnson, imo.
Not for the money Monty got.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I think you've got a solid #1 RB in Johnson if that's the role you'd want him to play. A healthy Herbert and Johnson is a nice 1-2 if Foreman isn't around. But if you're going to let Foreman walk and aren't crazy about retaining Herbert long-term then another RB in the 3rd or 4th would be a nice selection. We've got 2 4th rounders this year.
RBs are the dime-a-dozen position. They can be gotten cheaply or with a later round pick. Fill that hole in day 3 of the draft or even as an UDFA.

pdxbearsfan

Liked Posts:

With other priorities I'm fine with resigning Foreman for 2 years, get Herbert back 100% healthy and depending on draft
haul and or draft trades with extra picks getting a guy in the mid-later rounds.

94c4lt1

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would not brine Foreman overnight, let alone for 2 years, but, then again, I am not a chef. Better to have one of the resident chef's answer that question.
With all the salt from the CCS, pretty sure all players are brined over the length of their contract with the Bears.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see Foreman back for another season. I want Johnson promoted. I think we have the right mix then.