Real possibility in draft

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Mond should be available in the 4th but he won't be cause QBs always get overvalued.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If the Bears truly are adding their qb in the draft and the major ones are all gone before they are able to pick, don't over draft a qb. Just don't. Bolster the OL at the Tackle spot, because if 5 or so qbs go before the Bears pick, then some serious talent will drop to them. If they have tried and tried to get the qb spot right, but are not able to by trade or FA, then they should absolutely build everything around the qb the best they can. You never know when a decent vet or so can be traded for, or then the Bears may have more ammunition to make that trade.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
The draft is supply and demand distilled down to its base essence, if there a bunch of teams hot on Kellen Mond he might actually be worth twentieth overall. Truth is we dont know, we only know what the braindead football media tries to sell us on. This draft more than any other features a ton of uncertainty about who fits in where. At the end of the day if it works, it works. The success of a draft pick is usually graded on a binary pass/fail scale, and when you look back years back its not that common for people to say "Oh this guy was really good, but he was drafted a round or two too early".

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If there are a bunch of teams hot for Kellen Mond, trade down with them and aquire more picks or stay put and select a much more talented OT then Mond is QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Mond is a 3rd rounder and I would hate to see the Bears take him at #52 overall.

That being said, the one thing I like about Mond is that he makes clutch throws under pressure. Doesn't seem to mind guys in his face or a dirty pocket. Certainly a "move the chains" type QB.

I would rather Trask in the 2nd round over Mond, as Trask is just a better thrower and has an amazing deep ball. I don't know if anyone projects Mond as starting QB material so I would hate to see us take him in the 2nd.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
For everyone saying Mond in the first would be a huge reach:

A. None of us knows shit.
B. When a guy like Chris Simms says he's the fourth best QB in the draft and a first round talent you should at least take note.... that's a much more educated opinion than the latest mock draft you read.
C. When in doubt..... see letter A.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think he is likely a 3rd round pick. Which means he will go round 1.

QBs always go a round ahead of where they should value wise.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope not.

I watched Kellen Mond & he is not good. He wasn’t even a good passer in college.

BearClaw55

GO BEARS
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would be embarrassing is missing out totally on all the qbs becase the GM took his advise from a message board

He should take his advice from the message board because he would have drafted Watson. Not signed Glennon to a big contract. Not traded a 4th rnd pick for Nick Foles & not have to mortgage the future for a franchise QB now.

I rather the CCS board select a QB before Ryan Pace. Who has failed at every turn.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I think he is likely a 3rd round pick. Which means he will go round 1.

QBs always go a round ahead of where they should value wise.

3-1=1

Is this some new math that I haven't heard of?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears fans...

PQBSD is real