REALISTIC Trade Proposal

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
Ok, so here it goes. Utah is in a crappy position. They are capped out and just a "good" team in the west. They need an impact player. Here is what I propose:

Carlos Boozer and the first round pick (from the Knicks) for Luol Deng (and hopefully something else, but if all else fails) Joakim Noah.

People will say, "your giving up your whole team", which is true, but then you can afford 2 top free agents next year and have a top pick in the draft. We need 2 ballers next to Rose, the rest of the pieces will be easy to fit in. This would be a very similar strategy to what Boston did to become good (go out, get 2 ballers in Allen and Garnett and figure the rest out). The difference is Boston did it with aging vets for a short term solution, we would be doing it with a young buck and whatever we construct can be together for a decade.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
They have Millsap waiting in the wings and they are trying to get salary cap space. I don't see Utah making that deal...

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
The Bulls can't afford to lose Noah, and the Jazz will never get rid of that first round pick. That pick gives them the option to draft a shooting guard to put next to Williams for the next decade, or a solid young big to fill out their rotation. That pick is just too valuable to those guys.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
utah has koufus, he's a decent back up for okur. They have milsap to fill out the position. Noah would play the same role as milsap, except far far far better. milsap isn't a sf, so i'm not sure what they would do with him. I'd move okur to pf(he already plays as one), and play noah as the center. bring milsap off the bench and demand koufus come back in the trade. so far...so good.

however deng for milsap doesnt make any sense for the jazz. There is no cap relief. Neither brewer nor deng can hit the 3, so they wouldnt be able to play deng and brewer together. Also they have kirelenko, i'm not sure what they're doing with him, nor do i know what they can do. Deng has played very well, but boozer had out played him. his value is up, he's a good player on a good team. Deng is a good player on a bad team. he doesnt have exceptionally value.

i agree with you that deng either needs to develop a 3, or get the fuck out. My fantasy is we change our offense completely so deng has more back door cuts. build our offense into a system and allow deng to thrive. when his value gets really really high, we trade him and a draft pick for danny granger.

cool007

Liked Posts:
I think they would do:

Hinrich + Tyrus + Jerome James for Boozer + Harpring + Maynor.

Keep in mind Jerry Sloan LOVES Hinrich.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
but also remember, the jazz have the second best point guard in the league.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
they have steve nash? jk. deron wiliams is good but, you have to give it up for nash this year. rondo is having another stellar year as well.