Reasonable & comprehensive article on all QB options available. SI

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
We should have signed Winston this past offseason instead of trading picks for Foles.

If he's available for dirt cheap again, he seems like easily the best choice among a list of underwhelming options.

Of course, Winston could go up in flames, but at least he has actual arm talent.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Drew Lock anyone? Can probably be had for a 2nd round pick
You want to give away a draft pick for a piece of shit quarterback

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
We should have signed Winston this past offseason instead of trading picks for Foles.

If he's available for dirt cheap again, he seems like easily the best choice among a list of underwhelming options.

Of course, Winston could go up in flames, but at least he has actual arm talent.
Arm talent enough to throw 1.2 ints a game with 11 pick sixes. 2 per season.... and is 28 and 42 as a starter which means not only didn’t he help his team win, he actually helped his team lose.
But if you want to go 5-9 or 6-10. He is your man.
Of course I could be wrong...he did throw 30 ints with Arians so he should fare better with Nagy.

all this being said he probably will be a super bowl winning quarterback next year with New Orleans

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Bear fans are so fooked. There isn’t a decent option available. And Pace and the his clownshow coaching staff somehow survived.
2021 gonna be an awful train wreck.
I’ve heard the 2022 QB class sux. Is there absolutely nothing in 22?

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
Arm talent enough to throw 1.2 ints a game with 11 pick sixes. 2 per season.... and is 28 and 42 as a starter which means not only didn’t he help his team win, he actually helped his team lose.
But if you want to go 5-9 or 6-10. He is your man.
Of course I could be wrong...he did throw 30 ints with Arians so he should fare better with Nagy.

all this being said he probably will be a super bowl winning quarterback next year with New Orleans
He also led the league in passing yards last year.

We're not in a position where we can avoid risk. That's how you end up with Foles/Glennon type QBs.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He also led the league in passing yards last year.

We're not in a position where we can avoid risk. That's how you end up with Foles/Glennon type QBs.
They all want to go into a 5 year rebuild plan like its 1980.

I Just Want To Read

Liked Posts:
They all want to go into a 5 year rebuild plan like its 1980.
I'm completely fine with rebuilding. It's just a shame we didn't make that call last offseason.

Keeping Nagy probably means we aren't rebuilding though.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm completely fine with rebuilding. It's just a shame we didn't make that call last offseason.

Keeping Nagy probably means we aren't rebuilding though.
Nagy gonna be here 2 more years with a shot at developing his QB.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Bears will draft one and roll with Foles in the Glennon role. There's literally nothing else feasible to do here financially while selling it to the team/fans that they're "trying".

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears will draft one and roll with Foles in the Glennon role. There's literally nothing else feasible to do here financially while selling it to the team/fans that they're "trying".
Yep.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Nagy gonna be here 2 more years with a shot at developing his QB.

I tend to think Pace and Nagy are back for the next two years almost no matter what.

Even George has to see that this team is fucked record-wise in 2021, and it wouldn’t make any sense for it to be Pace/Nagy’s make-or-break year.

Much more likely that where there’s smoke, there’s fire—that there’s a reason they all wouldn’t answer the question of how many years are left on their contracts.

I think they gave Pace a one-year extension on the down-low to put him in line with Nagy through 2022, at least in principle. It wouldn’t be the first time, and I’ve already heard some beat guys suggest this as a possibility.

Leomaz

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
“We're not in a position where we can avoid risk.”
Also led the league in attempts and pick sixes with 7
his team still only won 7 games...
he had 30 ints, and 15 fumbles........

he sure would be risky.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I honestly have no idea what to do. But I know that Cam Newton is NOT the solution. Jesus.

The best possible scenario is that we somehow land Deshaun Watson. Outside of that, drafting a QB, and landing someone like Matt Ryan or Matt Stafford to play until the rook is ready seems doable. Shit, at least this team would be watchable for a few years. Do those guys fit Nagy's offense, though? Does anyone? What even is Nagy's offense? :ROFLMAO:

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
TLDR synopsis. The Bears are fucked and should get Cam Newton. So still fucked.

Also Watson wont be traded.
yes he will. Inside sources have that relationship as done with.

fx1718

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yes he will. Inside sources have that relationship as done with.
The Texans beat reporter with 45 years in Houston sports said it isn't happening. I guess we will see right. Definitely could be leaked posturing for better picks.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Nothing about Jones reminds me of Cutler.....Jones does not have that kind of arm strength, and while he has a great situation, he preformed well in that system, and played against the BEST teams in all of college.

I want to be clear here....I am not beating the table for Jones, because I think he will be another good backup/fringe starter at the NFL Level

He will be in the Senior Bowl and if he performs well again, it will be enough in my opinion to have him taken in the 1st round by someone, and it would not surprise me if the Bears Owners told Pace he can only work within the draft picks that are available this year.

For Pace a rookie QB like Jones could buy him a couple more years.... like you said that does nothing to fix the position, I just a fan trying to predict what the Bears might do....

I already knew this, but in the NC the announcers mentioned how Jones doesn't like to leave the pocket. I don't see how that fits here.