Receiver types and what we'll need for next year.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I was in shock when I read the Panthers traded Benjamin because he's so huge he seems dominant, but if you read this article it's an eye opener. Notice how the addition of a speed WR opens it up for every other WR.

http://www.panthers.com/news/articl...Benjamin/fe7d982b-3c3b-44cf-baea-b60dfddcdcfd

I notice in a lot of the Watson is God threads, people are constantly talking about Hopkins, who is certainly one heck of a WR, but it wasn't until the return of Fuller that they exploded. I think for next year, we certainly need a big bodied #1, but having the Batman with the Robin means we need some field stretchers. There's no way in hell you're putting 2 safeties in the box when you have a guy who can get by you deep in a flash. I've never really thought about it like this before but maybe we'd be better off getting the elite speed guy before the big guy. Maybe we should trade for Josh Gordon in the off season, give him a personal vaping assistant, get him hooked on K spice and start getting real?

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We just need talent at this point. I don't care what attributes they bring as long as they can get separation and catch. Pace needs to hit the position hard in the off season. I would say bring in at 3 solid options between FA and Draft.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s an interesting article comparing Inman to Meredith. There are some similarities.

“The Bears probably aren't expecting Dontrelle Inman to produce to the level Cameron Meredith did last year, but there are plenty of similarities between the two wide receivers that are worth noting.

“Inman is 6-foot-3, 205 pounds; Meredith is 6-foot-3, 200 pounds. Both players had breakout seasons in 2016: Inman with 58 catches for 810 yards and four touchdowns, Meredith with 66 catches for 888 yards and four touchdowns. Beyond the measurables, Bearswide receivers coach Zach Azzanni said Inman and Meredith are comparable in terms of their length and catch radius, which he said “we were missing, quite frankly.”

http://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bears/cam-i-am-why-bears-see-dontrelle-inman-ideal-fit-their-second-half-offense

I’d like to see the Bears go hard for Robinson and Landry while retaining Cam, Inman and Wright. Then grab a kid like Kirk or Miller in the draft. Let White and McBride compete for the last spot... They need to give Mitch weapons next year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We lack a lot of height at the position right now but out top big guys are injured. That said, we can't count on anything from White and Cam is no #1. I don't like taking WRs in the 1st 1/2 of one. If a guy falls for some reason, you have to consider it but for me, he'd have to have a clearly higher grade than other positions. I don't even mind trading up for guys in the back of one or other rounds but the meh ratio on WRs is high and it's always a deep position in modern drafts so viable guys are available later.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great point! The Bears should follow the KC Chiefs model. Put a bunch of speed receivers out there to create open space for your RB to rush through (Hunt), to open up the entire middle of the field for your TE (Kelce), and to create matchup nightmares with your gamebreakers (Hill).

Alex Smith —> Trubisky
Kareem Hunt —> Howard
Tyreek Hill —> Cohen
Travis Kelce —> Shaheen
Speed WR’s —> Kirk?

Christian Kirk WR - 2nd round

s7VMnY.gif

He’s used as a decoy most of the time because he commands triple teams.

XcDvlR.gif

hKBzR1.gif

dfYfJ5.gif

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Steve Smith is 5'9" and if we can land a WR like that, it would change everything. Height helps, but health and hands are IMO the top priority.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Trubisky needs someone with crisp route running, gets separation, and can catch the ball. I would look for someone with physical attributes like Fitzgerald and boldin were

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I’d like to see the Bears go hard for Robinson and Landry while retaining Cam, Inman and Wright. Then grab a kid like Kirk or Miller in the draft. Let White and McBride compete for the last spot... They need to give Mitch weapons next year.

Best possible way to handle the position I think. I just don't know if Pace will pony up money for one of the free agents. The Kevin White situation is going to be really interesting. He has shown absolutely nothing to date, there is no reason to keep him next year besides his guaranteed money. I hope he comes back in some fashion this year. I want to see him and Tre McBride. I like Tre and would rather keep him over White at this point.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Speed. We never have any speed at the position.

Limits big plays
Keeps the box congested for run and pass.

Give me a couple guys who run 4.4 or lower.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
Speed. We never have any speed at the position.

Limits big plays
Keeps the box congested for run and pass.

Give me a couple guys who run 4.4 or lower.

Even Johnnie Knox and dez white were helpful to some extent, or a guy like lee Evans w buffalo....if they can catch it's a plus

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
the wheaton signing was supposed to be that speed element...sadly it hasnt happened yet

the bottom line is the bears need guys who can get open regardless of speed or not. Having speed guys is def a plus but at this point the bears need guys who consistently get open.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
get open or get thrown open. Yes, Jeffries would have been nice here this year, but the cutler receivers had to go up and get the ball and get tackled. Trubisky can throw the ball to open guys on the move. Back shoulder throws were still go and get it throws, where Trubisky will be more like throwing the ball before the receiver is turned to look for it.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
Paul Richardson ran a 4.40, has nice hands, and has great ball tracking skills.

Remember Seattle's line has been so bad it has hampered their pass game. Get ready for his breakout.

Liked Posts:
Paul Richardson ran a 4.40, has nice hands, and has great ball tracking skills.

Remember Seattle's line has been so bad it has hampered their pass game. Get ready for his breakout.

How about him and Taylor Gabriel from the Falcons? Adding those two in FA would bring a ton of speed to the offense.